NOVEMBER ROTATION: FAT BURNING FOCUS

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! This month we will focus on burning off excess body fat.

Starting today through January 1st we are going to be constantly tempted by special holiday meals and desserts. Of course it is absolutely normal to join in the feast-ivities and experience some of the "good stuff". But more times than not we seem to have a few extra bites here and there and before you know it by January we have put on five well enjoyed holiday pounds. So lets get a jump start on the situation by keeping our furnaces burning with a wide variety of calorie burning exercises.

WEEK ONE:

Mon: KPC
Tues: Low Max
Wed: High Step Challenge
Thurs: 30 min. Interval run/ Seg 1 Coremax/ Seg 1 Stretchmax
Fri: OFF
Sat: Pyramid Lower Body/ 20 min. steady state run
Sun: Pyramid Upper Body/ 20 min. steady state run

WEEK TWO:

Mon: Kickmax
Tues: Imax 3
Wed: Musclemax
Thurs: 40 min. steady state run/ 15 min Ab Hits/ Seg 2 Stretchmax
Fri: OFF
Sat: High Step Training Advanced
Sun: Rhythmic Step

WEEK THREE:

Mon: Circuit Max
Tues: Hard Core Legs
Wed: OFF
Thurs: Step, Jump, & Pump
Fri: Imax 2
Sat: 40 min. steady state run/ Seg 3 Coremax/ Seg 3 Stretchmax
Sun: Step Blast

WEEK FOUR: GOBBLE GOBBLE

Mon: Supersets

Tues: Imax 1

Wed: OFF (or swap with Thanksgiving Day as your off day)

TURKEY DAY: Legs and Glutes, CTX Upper Body, 20 minute steady run

Fri: 20 minute run, drills from Kickmax, 10 min. ab hits, stretch segment from Total Body Stretching

Sat: Boot Camp

Sun: Low Impact Step/ CTX Kickbox (cardio portion only)/ stretch segment from Total Body Stretching

Enjoy!

cathe: WOOHOO!!! you did your magic and answered my prayers. will get started w/ this TOMORROW!!!

thanks again!!
take care:)
Gloria

Looks like a great rotation. Where do I find Hard Core Legs mentioned in week three? Is this a premix somewhere? Thanks.

Hi Horseygirl~

I think Cathe is referring to GymStyle Legs from the Hardcore series. That's the workout I'll be using...

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

thanks cathe!!! i think i just put on 5 pounds today LOL. we went to hubby's work(he works in the college kitchen)and they had cotton candy and then went trick or treating at the dorms. with all the walking i am sure i worked off the damage

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Okay - I did a search, but couldn't find guidelines for the "interval run" on Thursday. I understand the concept, but am looking for a little instruction (i.e.: how long do you run high intensity/low intensity). Help?

I'm really looking forward to this rotation! I had done Low Max on Monday, so I just flipped Low Max with KPC, which I did this morning.

(i.e.: how long do you run
>high intensity/low intensity). Help?
>
maybe you can follow the same guidelines as the IMAXES i believe its like 2-3 mins. of step 1-1 1/2 min blasts and 1 minutes recovery. i am not sure if those numbers are exact but i think it goes along those guidelines. so you can do 2-3 mins. moderate steady run then run hard for 1-1/2 mins. and slow it back down. i am ordering a music cd from dynamixmusic.com for it b/c i tend to go with the beat of the music. i can't run or walk anywhere without music.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Hi Holly! There actually is no exact formula. You just do bouts of high intensity mixed with recovery.

Try this:):

Warm up for 7 minutes with a brisk walk, borderline light trot. Then start going into a steady state run for about 5 minutes to get acclimated to the steady pace. Once there begin inserting sprints for as long as you can push it (this length of time will be different for everyone), then when you can't go any longer, slow your pace down to your steady state run pace to recover (this length of time will vary for each individual too). Then when you feel you are ready to sprint again go for it. Keep this cycle up until you hit the 30 minute mark and bring it down to a recovery walk for a few minutes(cool down) and then stretch.

Good luck!

Thanks Cathe! You must have read my mind! I was just thinking Sunday how I should step up my cardio and fat-burning this next month!

Jo

Cathe

Thanks so much for another great rotation. Could you please explain what you mean by an interval run? Thanks again!

Sharon

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.