Need Help Creating A Rotation...

Phoenix

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the board, and in desperate need of help creating a rotation. I'm having the hardest time. I'm not sure if it's because I own to many fitness vids + DVDs or what.

Anyway, I'm getting married in October. I have just 15 short weeks to lose at least 20lbs, tone and firm up. My first goal is to lose fat/weight, and then sculpt.

Of Cathe's DVDs I own:
The Terminator
Volume 1-3 Intensity Series
Rhythmic Step +
Powe Hour +
Slow and Heavy Series
Pure Strength Series
Cross Train Xpress
Cardio Kicks and Circuit Max

I'd classify myself as just on the cusp of moving into the intermediate level. Mono and several illnesses over the last two years have brought me down from the more advanced level.

I would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks.

Phoenix

First off, congrats on your wedding! I got married in October as well, it's such a beautiful time of the year. Secondly, try not to get too stressed about rotations, you've got plenty on your mind already! You will see much better results by eating a healthy diet with any exercise program you do. While placing emphasis on rotations/exercise is good, placing more emphasis on "diet" is even better. Remember to eat enough to keep your body fueled and your energy levels high! Last year I was working out 6 days a week and eating whatever I wanted and actually gained a few pounds. Then I became keeping a food journal, cut my workouts down to 4 times a week and lost 9 pounds! If you need some "clean eating" suggestions, I'd recommend the book Body Rx by A. Scott Connelly purely for the great and easy to follow food lists. I dont necessarily think you can lose body fat first then sculpt in such a short amount of time before you wedding. You may have to do both as you go along so starting off with some basic strength training early on is probably a good idea. As far as rotations go I'd make sure you keep a good variety going so you wont get burnt out with the same videos, and always take a rest day if your body is telling you you've done too much. Here's an example of something you might want to try, doing each "rotation" for 4-6 weeks....

ROTATION 1
-PS CST + abs
-Rhythmic Step
-PS Legs/Abs
-rest day
-Cardio Kicks
-PS BBA
-rest

ROTATION 2
-BC/ME bonus mix (dvd)
-CTX Step & Intervals cardio only
-Cardio&Weights
-rest
-CTX 10/10/10 Cardio only
-Power Hour
-rest

ROTATION 3
-PUB + IM2 intervals 1-5
-CTX Kickbox cardio only
-Circuit Max
-rest day
-Rhythmic Step
-PUB + CTX Power Circuit Cardio only
-rest

Remember to try to get plenty of rest!! If you havent checked out fitnessvideofanatics.com there are plenty of public rotations listed there as well!

Congrats again,

:)Stacy

I'd attempt to do three cardio and three weights sections each week. I'd alternate each DVD twice as follows:

Week 1

Day 1 - Cardio Kicks
Day 2 - Circuit Max
Day 3 - Cardio Kicks
Day 4 - Circuit Max
Day 5 - Cardio Kicks
Day 6 - Circuit Max
Day 7 - Cardio Kicks

Week 2

Day 1 - Rhythmic Step
Day 2 - Pyramid Bonus Combo
Day 3 - Imax
Day 4 - Pyramid Bonus Combo
Day 5 - MIC
Day 6 - Pyramid Bonus Combo
Day 7 - Rest

Week 3

Day 1 - S&H Legs & Shoulders
Day 2 - Cardio
Day 3 - S&H Chest & Back
Day 4 - Cardio
Day 5 - S&H Triceps & Biceps
Day 6 - Cardio
Day 7 - Rest

Week 4

Day 1 - Power Hour
Day 2 - Cardio
Day 3 - MIS
Day 4 - Cardio
Day 5 - Body Max
Day 6 - Cardio
Day 7 - Rest

Week 5

Day 1 - Bootcamp
Day 2 - Imax2
Day 3 - Cardio & Weights
Day 4 - Cardio
Day 5 - Muscle Endurance
Day 6 - Cardio
Day 7 - Rest

Week 6

Pure Strength plus three cardio sessions

Week 7

CTX DVD

Week 8

Day 1 - Gauntlet
Day 2 - Cardio
Day 3 - Viper
Day 4 - Cardio
Day 5 - Imax Xtreme
Day 6 - Cardio
Day 7 - Rest

Weeks 9-15 (repeat sequence)

A sensible eating plan should also be followed. Good luck!

Crystal

Thanks. It seems October is a more popular month than we originally thought. I'm hoping it won't be too hot when it actually rolls around, but who knows what this crazy Texas weather will do. :D

I'm trying not to stress. And my dress does fit me perfectly at the weight I am now. I've just been trying to loose weight since we started planning this wedding in April 2002. I've seemed to stall at 138.

I have to admit food is my biggest problem. I usually can get into working out pretty regularly. It's the eating healthy that always flubs me up. I'm trying to do better, but have been extremely frustrated with the produce of late. Everything seems to be already ripe or over-ripe when I get to the store.

Right now I'm trying to workout seven days a week, but it's been more like 5 or 6. The reason is not so much to lose the weight, but I've been out of the swing of things for a little while, and if I take off for a day it almost always turns in to 3 or more.

I know I do better with a food journal, but after a week or so it becomes so tedious to keep. I probably should start back up.

Variety is definetely key for me. I get bored easy. Which is probably why I own so much fitness equipment. You name it, I've probably got it...book, video, gear, etc. :7

Although I'm beginning to think too much variety has been killing me. It's like what do I choose? I've got so many DVDs, plus actual equipment. I don't know if I would repeat anything during the year if I started out doing one at a time.

Anyway - thanks for the suggestion and the encouragement. I can use every bit of it and more. It's been a long two year road back from mono. :(

Phoenix

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.