My PS Rotation

violinga1

Cathlete
Okay, my PS DVD is in the mail and I also got the PH/MIS/BM DVD and SH! But I'm going to give PS a try first before I touch SH. From my understanding, MIS is more complimentary to the PS series? Here's what I'm planning for these workouts:

1) PS Leg/Abs + 30 min walk
2) PS Chest/Shoulders/Triceps + 30 min SS run
3) PS Back/Biceps/Abs + 30 min intervals
4)Long run
5) MIS
6) Off

Repeat ~6 weeks

How does it look? Any suggestions appreciated! I'm getting excited!!!

I don't have PS or MIS, but it looks good to me. What are you doing with your 7th day? The only thing I *might* do differently is to space out my runs a little more (e.g. switch days 4 & 6).

~Cathy :)

Cathy - thanks! I think spacing out that long run would be a good idea too. I hadn't thought about a 7th day (to make it a full week), just thought I'd repeat, but I guess it could be another off day or a walk/stretch day where I do something, just not heavy duty working out.

Sounds good. I have a rotation planned starting tomorrow, but I'm going to print yours out for future reference. I like that it's nice & simple & straightforward. I think I would add yoga/stretching on that 7th day as well. Good idea. Oh, and what a dope I am. I *do* have MIS - I didn't realize it was on the PH DVD. Let me know how PS is - if it's a must-have. Thanks for sharing this.

Cathy :)

I just read another post about 3-day splits - I think it was from Kathryn, anyway the post recommended that with a 3-day split you put the legs in the middle. I.e. you could switch your PS sequence around so that (1) was moved to (2) and (2) moved to (1). The reason for this was that the shoulders can be weaker and easier to injure, tire or irritate than many other muscles and so it helps to separate the chest/shoulders by a day from the back/biceps, since the shoulders can be involved in both. You may want to look for the other post; this is what I recall from it and it made total sense to me having had various shoulder problems over the years.

~ Ann ~
Aim for nothing, and you'll hit it every time!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.