Low Impact Intermediate Rotation Suggestions PLEASE!!

cinnamonbride

I currently have:

Low Impact Step (too easy for me now!)
Low Impact Circuit (my current favorite!)
Low Max
Butts & Guts (mostly too challenging for me but I try what I can)

I have ordered 5 DVDs from the Low Impact Series:

AfterBurn
Cardio Supersets
Low Impact Challenge
Total Body Tri-Sets
Yoga Max

I'm scared that the "advanced" rating of the LIS mean it will be too difficult for me to do. I looked at the "Official Intermediate Rotation" but it's not Low impact. I have bad knees (old injuries plus osteoarthritis) so I have to keep it low impact.

Any suggestions for an intermediate low impact rotation? I'd be happy to get other DVDs from Cathe (Crossfire, STS, etc) as long as they can be done low-impact.

Thanks!

Hello there :)

I think you are good to go with the workouts you have. The only really advanced workout from the LIS that you purchased is Afterburn IMO. Even that can be easily modified by using low/no weights. Just work with your potential, at your own pace. I would not be afraid of the "advanced" ratings. YES, they are challenging, but so is everything Cathe produces! You can always lessen the intensity of any of her workouts by lowering a step height, using low/no weight or resistance bands, work at your speed, select a premix to make the workout shorter, ect.

Here would be a sample rotation I would recommend using the workouts you have:

D1 - Low Max (love it!)
D2 - Total Body Tri-Sets Upper Body (minimal equipment which is perfect for an intermediate exerciser)
D3 - Cardio Super Sets
D4 - Low Impact Challenge
D5 - Total Body Tri-Sets Lower Body (also minimal equipment)
D6 - Yoga Max
D7 - OFF

Breakdown: 2X weight training days, 3X cardio days, 1X Yoga day. Of course, this is not set in stone. You can take out a cardio day or add another Yoga day, or put a rest day in between the week, not necessarily on D7.

Good luck & have fun!

Natasha

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm eager to try out the newer DVDs ... I will use your rotation as a base and mix and match as I go to keep it interesting.

Don't forget about the pause button! Just because Cathe doesn't take breaks doesn't mean we can't. Make the advanced workouts work for you! They will get easier.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.