KK's November Rotation

Author

Cathlete
Hi Jeanette & Rhea & Natalie!:)

You were right, Jeanette -- it is a fat burning rotation -- I'm going to try to do this one -- it'll be the first one of Cathe's rotations that I've done -- but I really need to do this one, I think. I'm struggling with these pounds I've accumulated -- they go, then come back, etc.

So let's see, I did IMAX2 today, so I'm a little off base -- so I'll have to switch my days around a bit to fit the schedule, but this one I really want to do.

It's interesting, these face exercises -- apparently the skin is greatly attached to the muscle beneath and so when the muscles slacken, you get the pouches and wrinkles and such. It's not an overnight thing, but after a couple of months, I'm actually seeing some different in my jowls -- it's the only thing so far that is changing it. And I refuse to go the route of many here in Hollywood -- going under the knife is just not an option for me.x(

Oh, and I did the full IMAX2 workout today. I was thrilled to get in 60 minutes. I paced myself, but it was a good feeling when I did accomplish it. It's interesting that I'm still a little out of shape -- but hopefully, I'll get back in the grove soon.

So how was your Halloween? We must have had about 50 people here -- I know I went through almost all of the things I bought -- couldn't force myself to buy candy, so I got some Organic crackers -- in cute little bags -- and fruit leathers -- we live in quite a cute neighborhood when it comes to Halloween and there were many, many really cute decorations here.

Well, I'm sticking to my diet -- have decided that we here (my hubby and brother in law and me) are going to do a liver cleanse. I think after this trip, I really need it. So we're all going to do it. It's alot of fruit and veggies -- and no meat, I noticed -- going to be hard for me, cause I'm such a meat eater.

Okay, well, hope you had a great night. Happy workouts, everyone.:7

Just one more thing. Because I started out with IMAX2 today -- an anaerobic exercise -- and since LowMax is also an anaerobic exercise, I'm going to mix up Cathe's schedule just a bit

Mon: IMAX2

Tues: High Step Challenge

Wed: 30 minute interval run with Stretchmax and abs

Thursday: KPC

Friday: Pyramid Lower Body/20min. Steady state run (cause I take Sat. off)

Sat: off

Sun: Pyramind Upper Body/20minl steady state run

So tomorrow is High Step Challenge -- okay I can do that.

Have fun everybody and terrific workouts.:7

Hi Karen, Rhea and Natalie:

It was S&H triceps and biceps for me this morning. Great workout, love how she works the forearms too. Didn't do abs this morning. I think I will continue with the upper body workout for at least this week and maybe another. I really like it and am getting in enough cardio for the body fat to be okay. Think I'll hold out and start the fat burning rotation later as it gets closer to Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday!!!) Just my thoughts right now. It looks like a great one and I printed it out.

Karen, think we got maybe 15 kids here, max. The pickins are easier elsewhere, they have to walk too far up our driveway and the houses are on 2 1/2 acre lots so not enough bang for the buck I guess. Anyhow, I did well on resisting the candy yesterday, only had 3 little malt balls and 1 mini candy bar. Good that you handed out candy that was good for the kids. I do like fruit leather, actually bought a couple pkgs. on the weekend for a snack.

Karen, what is your liver cleanse? Have you done it before? What are the principles? The face exercises make sense too, glad you are noticing changes. Imax2 is a great one, isn't it? I always feel accomplished in that one. Lowmax was actually pretty easy yesterday, guess I need to use the 8" step...

I started feeling a little snuffly and a bit achey yesterday (so many colds going around), took some Airborne, went to bed right on time and feel pretty well today. Hope it continues.

Well, must run.

Jeanette

Hello all!

Have been running around, as usual, no time for anything. I can't wait until I get back to "normal." I would love to do the November rotation, but I think I have to wait until 12/19 to start anything worth while. It will be a hit and miss type rotation until then.

We got no kids. Not unusual, I don't think we've ever had any kids at our house. The road is just too busy.

Jeanette, hope you stay all better. What is Airborne? I've been having to take my Allegra-D, which I hate because the "D" part just wires me. Unfortunately, it drains my head quite nicely. It's a toss up, wired or nasty sinus drip accompanied by dragon breath?

Talk to y'all later. Have a great and wonderful day.

I think we must live on the perfect Halloween street -- of course, here in LA, unless you live in Bel Air or Beverly Hills -- everything is kinda close -- so we did get alot of traffic and I love it -- love seeing the kids all dressed up.;-)

I'm so proud of myself -- got through High Step Challenge -- the long version -- I'm so out of shape -- but I made it. Still light on the weight -- but that'll get better, I'm sure.:)

A liver cleanse -- have never done one -- I bought a book about it long ago and just read it a few nights ago. The book is called LIVER CLEANSING HANDBOOK -- How to keep your liver happy. By Rhody Lake. ISBN E# 1-55312-004-3 -- by ALIVE BOOKS. It looks fairly simple and straight forward -- you eat for a month or so all these liver loving foods and then on a weekend, you do a liver cleanse. And that's it.

Rhea, have you ever thought of trying colostrum? (I think that's how you spell it.) Colostrum is mother's milk -- filled with all good immune boosting properties. Can get it at Health Food Stores. It works almost like magic for me.

Great on keeping to so little sugar, Jeanette.

Well, I should try to get to bed now. Have had a good relaxing day. Yea!

Have some terrific workouts, everyone.
Well, anyway, tomorrow is the interval run outside (30 minutes) and then a stretch. Am looking forward to that.

:7

Rhea, Airborn is basically a lot of Vitamin C (1000 mg if I remember right) in a "fizzy" tablet form, just mix with water and drink. Actually kind of palatable to me anyway. Invented by a teacher exposed to lots of germs. So far so good with me using it. Emergen C is good too I hear.

Today was any step workout so I did the first 2 combos from RS and then added on some of CTX All Step for a total of 50 minutes cardio, then added on CTX All Step abs for 10 minutes. Good workout. I like steady state cardio.

Karen, what is a liver loving food? What is the cleanse? Keep me posted on the results you have from it, okay?

Must go now, good workouts everyone

Jeanette

Ah, is Airborne like Emergen C? I love Emergen C -- keep some at the house for those times when I need it.

Am starting the liver cleanse tomorrow -- will be on it for 3 weeks -- no sugar, no meats. Protein drinks, lots of greens, salads, unlimited vegetables, fiber and lots of fruit -- I think people juice alot on the liver cleanse. Went to my chiro today to get her opinion on doing it, and she agrees that the liver definitely needs some attention -- so I'm starting tomorrow. My hubby and brother-in-law (since I fix the meals) are going to be doing it, too.:eek:

Liver loving foods: I think some of them are simply raw foods -- because the raw food are so rich in enzymes that it allows the liver some time off to heal. Here's a little quote from the book, "Natural plant enzymes are present in all fruit and vegetables, but are destroyed with heat. If you're accustomed to eating mostly cooked food, your pancreas must work harder to supply the enzymes necessary for digestion, which depletes your own store of enzymes. This process accelerates as you get older and your supply of digestive enzymes is reduced year by year. So-o-o it's vital to take plant enzymes as one of your "supplement" with every cooked meal, as well as tablets of hydrochloric acid with betaine and pepsin."

Another quote is "When food is cooked these enzymes are destroyed, along with some of the vitamin and mineral content. The digestive system then must work harder to complete the digestive process, placing a strain on other organs, such as the pancreas and liver..."

So raw vegetables and fruit -- probably juiced are liver loving foods

-- then there are fats and oils -- like Flax oil, olive oil and sesame oil

Then there are great grains -- whole grains that have been soaked over night or sprouted so that their enzyme inhibitors are destroyed (all seeds, nuts and grains have these enzyme inhibitors) -- thus they are better for the body when soaked overnight or sprouted.

Eggs are liver loving food, as well as fresh water. Dairy products should be raw to be good liver food. But it's hard to find certified raw dairy, and so if you can't get it raw, cultured or fermented is best -- like buttermilk, yogurt of kefir.

Then there are liver loving herbs -- usually the bitter herbs like artichoke, onion, garlic, lettuce, dandelion greens, etc.

Anyway, this is all from that book I was telling you about -- it's a small book, but packed full of information.

I'll keep you informed. Deep sigh... My chiro also discovered that I have parasites -- so the cleanse will help with that, as well. That might account for the reason why the weight won't go off and stay off, despite low calorie dieting. Maybe. We'll see.

Anyway, it's something that I know I need to do, having just been on the road, so I guess I'll take these three weeks and do it.

Workout wise -- loved the workout today. Did interval sprints for 30 minutes, then stretched -- and loved it.

Tomorrow is KPC. Am looking forward to it.

Happy workouts, everyone.:7

Hi all!

It was S&H chest and back this morning. This is a full 1 hour workout, but you sure feel worked out when you are done. Love the pullovers for the back too. My biceps now measure almost 11 1/2" around. For ages, they stayed at 11". It's not bulky either as they feel very firm, with little flab around them. Now my lower body, hmmm... could use help on the inner thigh, actually overall. Didn't have time for 30 minute run this morning, will try to think of something for this afternoon. Will be doing Spinervals tomorrow and believe me, that's a tough workout!

Karen, thanks for all the info on the liver cleanse, you'll have to keep us posted on the results. Will you be able to eat any carbs besides the fruits and veggies? Parasites :eek: , does everyone have those to some extent? What kind are you trying to get rid of?

Enjoy the workouts,

Jeanette

Those S&H sound fun. As soon as I get my next advance check I'm going to order some more workouts. Might get the new ones on the advance order -- we'll see. Am enjoying hearing about your workouts.

Anyway, for me it was KPC today -- full 68 minute workout. I'm really loving that workout. Every time I do it, I get a little better. It's really a fun one for me.

Well, it's Pyramid Lower Body tomorrow with a 20 minute steady run -- that should be fun, too.

Don't know exactly what parasites I have -- as the chiro doesn't get into that -- she muscle tests for different things -- and parasites showed up. Personally, I think I got them from eating some pork ribs on the road. I was a little sick after that -- and I think that this might be what set it off.:-(

But anyway, started the cleanse today. Technically I could have some whole grain products that are soaked overnight. But I'm not sure that I will at first. I'm going to be pretty strict at the start -- just to jump kick it -- then as it goes on I might ease off a bit. Anyway, those are my plans. So it's mostly fruits and veggies -- raw -- with some raw kefir and eggs -- plus some protein shakes with all kinds of green stuff in them. I know one thing's happening -- my visits to the lady's room have increased.:+

It's your day off tomorrow, isn't it? Have a terrific day tomorrow and a great workout. :7

Good morning!

I'm too chicken to do any type of cleansing, even though it probably would be very good for me.

Actually got to workout yesterday...yippee! Did a short cardio called Cardio Express, it is from the Firm BBS3 series. Then I still had some time and energy so added Core Max #3. My favorite core workout. Always gets me good. I added the 4lb med ball. I think I'm going to put a 6lb or 8lb med ball on my Christmas wish list.

Well, I suppose I should get something done here at work today. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. :7

Good morning Karen, Rhea and Natalie:
Today is my day off so get to take my time. Did my other loaned Spinerval tape called Recovery and Technique. This workout has you do a lot of spinning (low gear, high cadence) and also one-legged drills which are very tough for me, especially my left leg. This workout isn't meant to get your heart rate up, focuses more on high cadence spinning and technique, so later on today (if I have time), I will do some more cardio. Maybe a circuit workout, minus the upper body as I have shoulders to do tomorrow. I am really liking this rotation, and with the clean eating, my BF% is coming down. I hope to get below 25.0 (my digital bf scale) this next week. I think I am at my lowest ever today with 25.0. Don't think this # is accurate, but it has been consistent since I've been eating cleaner. It used to bounce around from 25 to 27 or 28 on any given day.

Rhea, glad you could work out. I don't own a med ball, I just use my DBs. A med ball would be nice. However, I think my next purchase will be a heart rate monitor. Anyone have a suggestion for one. I would like something less than $50, fairly simple. Not interested in having to download data to my computer or anything like that.

Karen, hope the cleansing is going okay, I do like veggies and fruit, but also really like my cheese. In fact, just had a ff string cheese with an apple for a snack. What is a muscle test? For dogs and horses, think we have to take a feces sample in to the vet to determine the parasites. Do you have to take medication for this? Anyway, hope you get the cleansing that is needed.

Well, have a big family breakfast tomorrow morning over here at my house. I'm making a quiche and chili relleno, we're also having a french toast casserole, with a fruit dish, coffee cake, juice, coffee, etc. Well so much for my body fat%, but hey, life's too short to not enjoy once in a while. I'm making tomorrow my higher calorie day (though I may exceed the limit in one meal LOL).

Great workouts all!

Jeanette

Second day on this cleanse -- 19 more to go -- not that I'm counting or anything.:+ Not sure how this all is supposed to go, so I'm just keeping on with the diet.

Nice to see you exercising again, Rhea, and nice to hear from you again. The diet's not too hard and straightforward, it's just a matter of giving the liver a break, I think -- thus all the raw foods. I, too, love my cheese, but I can have some cheese on this diet -- as long as it's made from raw milk -- and that's not too hard to find. Fruit and cheese is about one of my favorite foods.:9

Again, I stand in admiration of you, Jeanette -- and that's so cool that your body fat ratio has gone down like that. Yea! That's quite an accomplishment.

For me it was Pyramid Lower Body and then a 20 minute run. This was fun -- and it's only the second time I've done Pyramid Lower Body -- really loved it. Of course, I'm staying light on my weight, but still it was really a good workout. I think this rotation is shaking me up a bit, which I like.

Tomorrow is my day off -- am going to go shopping for my daughter and then probably come home and do something about my hair. It's getting a little grayish.

Plan on doing Pyramid Upper Body and a run on Sunday.

Happy workouts everyone and have a terrific weekend.:7

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Workout today consisted of Pyramid Upper Body and a 20 minute steady run. Went pretty well, but think I pulled a muscle (ever so slightly) in my back -- or maybe it's just worked over a bit;)

Jeanette -- didn't realize until later that I didn't answer a couple of your questions. Muscle testing is something my chiro does to determine what organ in the body might need attention -- or to test if a particular product is good or not. I think (not sure) but I think it has its roots in Chinese medicine. Am taking a homeopathic remedy for the parasites, at present.

Anyway, am going to do week2 of Cathe's rotation -- but I'm going to have to alter it slightly as I don't have all the workouts.

Don't have KickMax -- so will do KPC instead tomorrow.

Also don't think I'm quite up to IMAX3 yet -- so I'll alter it this way:

Monday: KPC

Tuesday: IMAX2

Wednesday: ME

Thursday: 40 minute stead state run/stretch max -- Seg 2

Friday: High Step Advanced (I take my day off on Sat. instead of Fri.)

Saturday: Off

Sunday: Instead of Rhythmic Step -- I'm going to substitute the Sprint 8 with warm up and stretch after

So that's it for my plans this week. Looking forward to KPC tomorrow.

Terrific workouts everyone.:7

Good morning Karen, Rhea and Natalie:

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was very good. Saturday morning I did S&H shoulders and Coremax Segment #1. After that, had the family breakfast, which turned out fantastic! I had a zillion calories but the food was fantastic, company was wonderful and an all in all great day. Now, back to clean eating. Yesterday did a 32 mile bike ride with a few friends, nothing fast or intense as it was a windy morning, but a fun ride anyway. Rhea, we rode from town, out Richmond Rd. to 395, Bass Hill, Wingfield and then had coffee at Diggs and returned via Johnstonville Rd.

Think I will continue one more week with upper body workouts and then next week will start the November rotation. I should get my new Spinervals today so will try to incorporate them for some interval work. In fact, today was supposed to be Imax2, but instead I did 1 hour of steady state cardio which included the step only of C&W, and the 3rd and last combos of RS. I will do my interval work probably on Wedn. and hopefully will sub a Spinerval for that. I go to work later this week as it's a holiday week (8 hour days) and so I can exercise after DH goes to work so the bike won't be disturbing his sleep. Anyhow, hopefully it will work out.

Good workouts to all.

Jeanette

Hello!

I actually had a great weekend too. Workouted out both days to some new cardio. No equipment cardio in fact. I've been looking for some straight floor cardio since doing step all the time gets to my knees. I have Kathy Smith's Timesaver Cardio. Very intense 20 minutes, but fun. There is actually two workouts on the tape and you can do 40 minutes if you want. Since I've been hit and miss with the workouts, I made myself only do the first half. Yesterday I did something a little more challenging. I think 1/2 my calories burned was from laughing. The workout was Crunch's Cardio Dance Party. Boy do I need some work on some of those moves. Great sweat worked up in the 45 minutes though. I was really surprised at the calories burned, 259. Very steady heartrate. Just can't get the arms and legs coordinated much yet though. Oh well, I'll just have to keep practicing.

Both of your weekends sound wonderful. Had to laugh when you said that 1/2 of your calories was from laughing -- that's how I feel sometimes, too, on some of these dance moves. Great for sticking in there -- and happy to see you're exercising again.

Jeanette, that rotation you're doing sounds so good -- and it's been really good for you, too, hasn't it? You'll have to let us know how those spinervals are.

The family breakfast sounds like a lot of fun. Actually am looking forward to Thanksgiving -- we'll have friends over -- both my girls have other plans (one of my girls lives in NY). But we'll have friends over and it will be our first day off the liver cleanse, as well. That's going well, by the way.

Today was KPC for me -- gee, I really like that workout. Really sweat during it, which is good. Didn't feel like doing it when I started, but I hung in there, and I'm glad that I did.

Remember when I said I'd gotten my daughter a step and the beginning Cathe tapes? Well, she's actually working out to them and loves them -- she particularly likes the kick boxing. Isn't that great? Will probably get her the next intermediate workouts for Christmas. But it was exciting to see that she's having fun with them.

Well, hope your workouts are great and have a terrfic day. :7

Glad everyone's staying active with their workouts. Rhea, I was watching Caribbean workout yesterday before work and the dancing workout seemed like fun, loved the music and the beat too. We are so fortunate to have so many instructors and workouts to choose from to keep the fun factor in our workouts. That's part of what keeps me coming back.

Did S&H biceps, triceps and abs this morning. Oh, my upper body feels the burn, but in a very good way! Love this workout. I sure can see why many consider this one of their most valuable strength workouts. I started out this morning not feeling all that great, kind of like I had a fever and a bit achey in the eye/head area, but went ahead and worked out and had a good one! Also, the achiness is gone for now anyway.

Karen, so great that your daughter is working out. Have you talked to her about the workouts and what she likes about them? So wonderful to have one of your loved ones joining in with us. I like KPC too, sometimes don't like to start but once I get into it, I start feeling pretty strong. Glad the liver cleanse is going well too.

My Spinervals arrived yesterday so think I will do one tomorrow morning, instead of interval step. I hope to do a little preview this morning or afternoon.

Good workouts and endorphins today!

Jeanette

Good morning!

So glad to see that your daughter is enjoying the workouts. Once you start enjoying them, you don't look back! I'm such a vidiot....I have so many, but don't want to give any of them up. Just need to remember to add some of them in the rotation every once in a while.

I ran home at lunch yesterday to do a short cardio. I've got a couple that are only 15-20 minutes long. So no excuse. Especially doing a short cardio everyday is actually ok. So I did the Kathy Smith Timesaver Cardio, second section, had higher impact cardio blasts if you wanted to make it high impact. I ended up having a little more time, so I added the "Island Jam" section of the Dance Blast dvd. That is just too fun. At least the Island jam section I can get my body parts to move the right direction. I got to really work on the right hip movement thought, it is like my right hip is really stiff and just doesn't want to swivel. The other sections I still have to work on a lot, the funky dance section my arms and legs are just flaying all over the place.

Well, off to accomplish something here at the office.

It is really great to see that we're all staying on top of the workouts. That's so cool, Rhea, that you rushed home to do the workout. That's the wonderful thing about those short workouts -- you can fit them in almost anywhere.

Yes, am really pleased that my daughter is starting to exercise again -- she's always been pretty good at that -- but had eased off since moving to NY. And you're right, once the bug bites...:eek:

You know, Jeanette, you're really peaking my interest in the S&H series. It seems like you're really having such fun with them. And isn't it great that after the workout you felt so much better. Actually a similar thing happened with me. I really didn't want to exercise today -- was just feeling tired -- and it was an IMAX2 day. So I did it anyway and kept telling myself that I didn't have to do the whole workout. But I did anyway, and felt so much better afterwards.:p

Those spinervals sound really interesting. Keep us posted.

And Rhea it sounds like you're having fun. It reminds me that I need to throw in some of these other videos once in a while, too. Like you, I keep the exercise videos around -- even those that I don't use that often -- you never know when you might need or want them.

Funny thing is, I was going to give away my VCR workouts of IMAX2 and ME cause I now have the DVD's. But in the end, I decided to give away another couple of videos instead... Those two are my favorites.

Anyway, tomorrow is ME for me.

Have a wonderful and productive day and terrific workouts everyone.:7

Good morning all!

Today was Spinervals for me: Enter The Red Zone. It was tough, but not too tough, but it does get your heart rate up there as he asks for 100% effort at various points. I KNOW this will really help my cycling this winter and stretch my aerobic capacities. I am ordering a HRM so that'll help in the workouts too. He also has you get off your bike and pump out squats (30 second sets) and then hold them isometrically for 1 minute. It's a leg workout for sure. This workout was about 1 hour, which I liked and fits into my schedule.

Rhea, that is great that you're getting some workouts in, and using different videos. I have a Taebo that I may get out sometime soon and do for some variation. The CTX series also has shorter, but intense cardio sections that work well too.

Karen, I can understand you not wanting to part with 2 well loved videos! I also need to rotate in some easier videos, I have some Karen Voight and another lady I can't remember off hand. I like varying my cardio for sure. Don't want my body to expect tough workouts all the time! Karen, enjoy ME today!

Well good workouts everyone,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.