KK's May Rotation

Author

Cathlete
Hi Jeanette! Hi Rhea! Hi Natalie! Hi Jeanie!

Fresh new month -- new fitness routine. Last month I stressed more cardio endurance and I'm not really sure that I attained what I wanted. However, I'm waiting for some of Cathe's cardio DVD's to come back into stock, mostly because she pushes me so much harder than I would push myself on my own.

So in lieu of those DVD's -- they're on backorder even at Collage, I think I'm going to stress overall full body, along with intensity this month. What I'm going for is anaerobics to increase the HGH in the body naturally and for hearth health, cardio for endurance, and strength workouts to get lean.

Did IMAX3 a few days ago, and it was really a killer. I actually like IMAX2 better, but it's a little easier. I'll be wanting to add IMAX3 in more often, I think.

Today, I did a short cardio (the first part of Body Max -- really like that cardio and warm up).

Monday: IMAX2

Tuesday: Power Hour

Wednesday: Short cario and one of the stretches from Stretch Max

Thursday: ME

Friday: IMAX3

Saturday: High Step Training Advanced or Bootcamp -- it's been a while since I did either of those workouts.

Have a great one!:7

Again, Jeanette, well done on your meter. I'm impressed. (I answered your post on the other thread).

:7

Good morning everyone!

Karen, this looks really good. There are so many combinations a person can do and I want to put them all in! So hard to choose. I'm going to put a couple of interval workouts in a week too. I see how important the muscle endurance workouts are to cycling as we are using those muscles for long durations. Here's what I'll do this week.

Monday: Timesaver #3 cardio only, stretch (Didn't want to push too hard today after the ride yesterday. This is a fun workout and I did sweat.

Tuesday: ME Lower Body premix, Coremax #2 premix

Wednesday: Lowmax, CTX Abs

Thursday: ME Upper Body premix

Friday: Imax2, Coremax #3 premix

Saturday: Cardio & Weights

Sunday: Cycle

I have a massage after work today. I thought I might be pretty sore after the ride yesterday, but I'm fine and no soreness. Will be watching the clock all day in anticipation!

Have a good workout everyone!

Jeanette

Good morning!

Boy, those rotations sure look great. I'm not sure what exactly I want to do this month. I wasn't interested in the rotation Cathe put up...too much thinking for me. I really wore myself out last month between the time change and the new morning routine. I'm thinking of more overall body workouts and simple cardios. Just not sure yet.I think I'll keep it all within an hour and double check the diet to make sure getting enough protein and water. also, need to cut out the caffeine levels, I drink way too much coffee lately. Okay, back to work.

Hi Rhea! Hi Jeanette! Hi Natalie & Jeanie!;-)

Wow, Jeanette, you're not even sore after that metric yesterday. I really am impressed. Gosh, just goes to show that we're doing something right, huh? I've ordered some more books to read. The most current edition of READY, SET, GO! and another book by Carl Lewis on Interval Training -- another book about anaerobic exercise. Hope to read them as I break between writing segments.

Rhea -- I know what you mean. I was really wanting to build up my endurance, but I don't have enough cardio workouts -- of course I could run outside, but thing is, Cathe really works me much harder than I do on my own.x( :+

But I love knowing what I'm doing, so I can't wait to dig into these books.

Gee, Rhea, I really understand about the caffeine -- it is a drug -- a very mild drug, of course, and one we all love -- but getting it out of your diet can be tough. I did it many years ago -- about 10 years ago when I had candida and had to give up all caffeine and sugar -- had a headache (really bad one) for 24 hours. Then it was fine. Then when I'd conquered candida, I tried getting back onto coffee and caffeine, because I really enjoy that steaming cup first thing in the morning, but it had such a detrimental effect on my adrenals, that I decided (because I wasn't addicted to it at this point) that there was little point in taking up the habit again. I still enjoy the smell and whenever we have people over that drink coffee, I always have some -- but it's so very, very occasional, that I don't fight the cravings for it or have headaches from it anymore. But I do sympathize. But you know, you can do it. Maybe substitute something for it -- like hot lemon water or something.

Anyway, did IMAX2 today -- love this workout.

Have decided to do weights 3 times per week instead of two -- one time per week, I'll combine it with anaerobics or cardio -- like bootcamp or HSTA or Circuit Max.

Have a terrific day. My brother in law is moving in today and so I haven't done any work yet -- except move him in -- it's a long process. He has 3 dogs and 3 cats -- and we have cats of our own -- whew! But it's all good things. :7

Hi Rhea, Cathe's rotation required too much thinking for me too. I like the overall body workouts too, but maybe it's cause I don't have to get the weights out every day? I'm just lazy I guess. I like to keep my workouts around an hour too. Re: caffeine, why is it bad? I drink a ton of it before work in the morning and none at work or after. What are the down sides of caffeine? I love it so much...

Have a good day and hope this weather improves. I was down to Palo Cedro on Sunday and it was absolutely perfect weather (for my tastes anyway). Back to cloudy and overcast when coming back up here.

Jeanette

Hi Karen, Rhea, Natalie and Jeanie:

Enjoyed my massage after work yesterday. Had started to get a tad bit sore by the end of the day so the massage was just the ticket. I feel so pampered and kind of guilty for indulging.

Karen, caffeine and your adrenals, what effect was it having (symptoms). Sometimes after a lot of caffeine, I'll feel like a skip of my heart, or a beat that is harder than the rest. I'm attributing that to too much coffee. What are the benefits to not having caffeine? I so love my coffee, but would have to see the benefits of giving it up.

Karen, are all the dogs and cats moving into the house too? We love our animals, have 1 inside cat, 2 barn cats and 2 dogs that live inside with us. And yes, the 2 dogs (german shorthair and dachshund puppy) and 1 cat sleep on the bed. Can't believe we only got a queen sized bed a couple years ago. Until then (24 years), it was a full size.

Did ME lower body pre-mix and Coremax premix #2. Good leg workout and the core work is great. I have to concentrate on not pulling on my neck, smaller moves and then I can really feel the work.

Everyone have a great day, have the horseshoer coming right after work. Seems like there's always something. Guess I thrive on that.

Jeanette

Well, still off here. But less caffeine this morning. Feel great.

Jeanette...caffeine is a great little food drug. It can effect your insulin levels and does have an effect on your adrenals. It really can make you more tired (from the crash)

Karen...I didn't even link the caffeine to a possible effect on my mild adrenal fatigue (all self-diagnosed of course by reading the book!) But I think I got a picture of how mild can go to more severe!

I'm probably going to start back up with working out either tomorrow or Thursday. This morning was a nice morning and one of the first that I actually felt refreshed. Cut back on the coffee, only had the cups at home (maybe two, but I drink out of latte cups:eek: ) And none at work!

Talk to y'all later.

Hi ladies!

Karen Kay, I purchased IMAX 3 a few months ago, but I still haven't done it -- I'm afraid! You do it first and let me know how it is, okay?:7

Rhea, I don't think I'll ever be able to give up my coffee. It is one of my biggest pleasures in life. I've been tempted to buy some books on adrenal fatigue. I've wondered many times if I have it. I work out hard and eat fairly well (although not "always" well) yet I can't get rid of this stubborn fat around my hips.

Well ladies, have a great day! I hope to do IMAX 2 this evening.

-- Jeanie

Hi Jeanette & Rhea & Jeanie & Natalie!

:)

Well, I was up until 5 AM writing. With my brother-in-law moving in, I hardly got any writing done and that deadline is creeping up there. So after I write this (I got up to pay bills, of all things) I'm back to bed --then workout, then write some more...x(

Rhea & Jeanette -- What happened with me with the adrenals is that I got so tired, I wanted to sleep all the time, and then would wake up still tired. My chiro was the one who told me my adrenals were exhausted and put me on some nutrients that built them back up. I'm taking those same nutrients now, as my adrenals are giving me problems due to stress and deadline -- and the result of that was that my adjustments weren't holding and I was injuring myself (slightly) with exercise. My chiro again traced it to adrenals -- it had also put my blood sugar slightly out of whack -- which can make me dizzy. Anyway, now that I'm back on those nutrients, it's not a problem.;-)

I loved coffee -- I still love it -- but it does tend to wear out my adrenals and when I'm under deadline, it's too much, basically. I substitute it with hot water and lemon, which picks me up without the caffeine.

So, yes, we have a house full of animals. The three dogs are outside dogs, but the cats are all inside/outside cats. We can't have the cats outside in the evening because there are coyotes here and it simply isn't safe for them. But my cats are all in an uproar over the dogs -- one was chased up a tree and stayed there all day -- my husband had to climb the tree to get her.

Jeanie, IMAX3 is intense, it's true. I don't do it full out -- I do many lower versions of the moves, simply to pace myself through it, but it's a great workout, and one that I'm starting to really love. After doing IMAX3, IMAX2 seems a really, even more so incredibly fun workout.

Well, I'm off to bed, then up, exercise and work. Maybe I'll get some good sleep tonight and getup early instead of stay up all night long.:+

Have a good one.:7

Karen Kay, could you recommend a good book regarding Adrenal Fatigue? I would love to read more about this condition.

Good morning everyone,

I'm running a little late this morning. Did Lowmax (all of it on 8" riser) but didn't feel I had time for CTX abs. Wanted to spend a little time with DH this morning too. Have a bike ride tonite with a couple girlfriends. Looking forward to it, hopefully weather will cooperate.

Caffeine, is this linked to weight gain or resistance to loosing weight? I drink a ton of it (4-5 cups) before work and then none for the rest of the day, and I haven't had a diet soda since the beginning of the year. Don't miss that at all and I've found out that I have no staining on my teeth either. Guess it's not the coffee that stained for me, it's the soda. I'd like to find out more about the effects of caffeine and adrenal fatigue if anyone can suggest some reading.

Had popcorn last night with too much salt, boy it sure affects me with puffiness. Will flush with lots of water today. Will also try to eat cleaner, have been slipping with chips (salty stuff) lately. Need to grocery shop but don't think I will buy peanut butter as I tend to overdose on PB.

Have a great day everyone. Karen, hope you get much writing done today.

Jeanette

Hi Jeanie! Hi Jeanette! Hi Rhea & Natalie!

Good morning.:) Well, went to bed early last night and was up early so I've gotten some work done on the manuscript. Just an aside, but I was having a hard time, so I went back earlier to see if I'd done some big no-no earlier -- making the later sections harder. And sure enough there was a point -- about a week ago -- where the characters took over the story and did something I hadn't anticipated. But I thought it was too soon, and so I forced the story to be written differently.x(

Big mistake.:+ I should know better. Whenever the characters take over the story, one must roll with it. When a story is working, that's what's supposed to happen. And so I went back, fixed it and am now coming forward, editing the later parts. Pant...pant...:+

The best book that I know of that goes into adrenal fatigue is the book YOUR BODY'S MANY CRIES FOR WATER. In this book, the author goes over the effect of caffeine in the body and what it ultimately does. Also, this is from my chiro and I don't know where it's written, but she told me that as we grow older, the adrenals take over the load of making the female hormones from the ovaries, thus caffeine can really overload the female body as it prepares for and goes into the change of life. But the book, YOUR BODY'S MANY CRIES FOR WATER definitely covers coffee and caffeine and what it can do to the body.

Jeanette, that's great that you were able to stop drinking cola. I remember -- almost 20 years ago when I came to this decision -- it was when my kids were young and I knew it wasn't the best thing for them to drink -- and I didn't need the extra sugar -- and so I simply gave it up. But still drank coffee.

Like I said, I, too, love coffee, and whenever it's around -- all made up, I can hardly resist it. But it really is an occasional thing -- maybe three or four times a year that I indulge.:p

Jeanette, that is so great that you were able to do LowMax on the 8" step. I only did a walk yesterday -- I'd had so little sleep, I decided to just talk a walk and make that my rest day.

Today is Power Hour or ME. Knowing me, it will probably be ME -- love that workout.:7

Have a wonderful day -- and have fun on that bike ride. I'm going to ask my hubby to get my bike ready to ride -- the tires need pumping up -- and then I'm going to start riding to places locally instead of driving. Maybe these high gas prices will have a good effect, and make us here in LA walk a bit more...heaven forbid...x(

Okay -- back to work.:7

Good morning Karen, Rhea, Natalie and Jeanie:

Good work, Karen, on your writing. It's good you were able to go back and realize where something wasn't quite right and correct it. I admire people that can do that as it's better in the long run. My mother is one who'll work on an afghan or sweater and see a mistake way back in earlier work and then rip the whole thing out to correct it. I'd probably just keep going and hope no one noticed the mistake. I'm definitely not a perfectionist at much of anything, except music (singing). I was in an acapella group (4 of us, 2 men, 2 women) for about 11 years. I just quit last year due to other interests and just not enough time.

I briefly looked up adrenal fatigue but don't think I exhibit any of the symptoms. Re: diet cola, I actually had no problem quitting it at all and no desire to have another one. Funny thing.

Did a bike ride yesterday after work with 2 friends. We did 18 miles with a climb included. Was fun, but we did get rained on. We were expecting it so were dressed to handle it. I found my cycling legs to be a bit sore from the ride on Sunday and Lowmax in the morning, but soon worked out of it. Karen, hope your DH gets your bike out soon. The worst part about starting up is breaking in your seat.

Did ME upper body premix (no abs) and Coremax premix #3 (tough core). 1 hour long altogether. These core workouts have a lot of variety and move around a lot so there's not endless repetitions, which I really like. ME was fun too. I have a nice burn going. My Pyramids DVD should be delivered today.

I did well on eating yesterday and drank tons of water. Good thing the bathroom isn't far from my desk. I did get rid of the puffiness from the popcorn the night before so that's good too.

Looks like it's going to be a rainy type day. Was going to ride my horse after work but may have to grocery shop instead. Today's my Friday :7

Good workouts, everyone!

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette! Hi Rhea & Jeanie & Natalie!

Jeanette, when I read your post at first I thought it was Friday today (I lose count of the days) -- and had to look at a calendar to be sure.:+

Am up and getting ready to write -- just relaxing before I start the day -- plan to exercise around noon. Yes, it's raining here, too -- and because we now have my brother-in-law's dogs here -- the fellows are out putting up a tarp for them to keep them dry. Can you believe? We are so unaccustomed to rain that when the dogs were brought over, we didn't make allowance for them for rain.:+

Well, today is IMAX3 for me. I'm growing to like that workout a little better. It is tough for me -- but after it's over, I notice good results.

Am so glad you don't have the adrenal fatigue. I'm very prone to it when I'm under deadline unfortunately.:-( But with nutrients and such, it's pretty easy to handle it.

Anyway, did ME yesterday -- actually found my muscles shaking afterwards, so in my consideration it was a good workout. I'm going to have to get the rest of the Hardcore series -- never have been interested in the all core DVD's before, but probably because I don't know how to use them -- seeing your workouts, where you're adding on, is interesting.

That's so cool that you were in acapella group. Love music, myself -- write to music -- and sing a little, but used to play the piano and clarinet. Too bad that you had to give it up, but I understand. I usually take singing lessons (not that I'm any good, but just to keep my hand in with music) -- but not right now -- deadline is just too all consuming and stressful.

Okay, so have a terrific day.:7

Morning everyone!!

Just a quick note to say hi! Court day today, so will be really busy. Finally worked out today too. Did Leaner Legs, yeowch. That's tough on the legs. But it was fun and just a hour or so (with an ab section added in.) I actually broke down and order a couple of the FitPrime workouts from superduperclub.com... they were two for 11.99, so not very expensive. I'm contemplating the BBS4 from the Firm, it looks like a good mixture of aerobics. I need some of those type of workouts (actually, I don't need any more workouts, just want.)

Have a great day!

Karen - what nutrients do you take for your adrenals? I would love to add something to help them. I'm only a self-diagnosed mild fatigue adrenals, but after last week, I'm pretty sure that they were pooped out. Sleep is all I wanted and needed and it took until Mon/Tues to feel much better (9-10 hours a night, with some extra naps on the weekend.)

Hi ladies!

Rhea, I want the BSS4 too. A friend has it and I watched her do one of the workouts -- it looked fun and challenging. The new box is also awesome. I also NEED more of these types of workouts!

Karen Kay, I'd also like any suggestions on what nutrients you recommend for adrenal fatigue.

No workout today -- I'm off to a class reunion meeting in 1/2 hour.

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!

Jeanie:)

Hi Rhea! Hi Jeanie! And Jeanette & Natalie!

Nice to see you back Rhea, even if it was a court day -- I've been looking at the leaner legs -- just ordered the Cardio Hits from Collage as I need a few more cardios.

Am also really looking at the Hardcore series that I don't have. There's so many I don't have -- and though I'll probably eventually get all of Cathe's, I have to take it step by step.

I, too, am interested in the FitPrimes -- and have been visiting Jeanie's site a bit -- hi Jeanie!

Oh, The nutrients I take for the adrenals are from a chiropractor's office -- they are: from Standard Process: Drenamin and from Nutri-West: Adrenal Support -- I think that's the name of it -- it has adrenal in the name at least. Both are really good. Standard Process uses something called glandulars. You actually take the gland that is in need (from a cow) and it helps to build up that particular gland over time. You might also be able to find an adrenal support at a Health Food Store, but I've never used those -- the above are the ones that have worked for me.;-)

I, too, have looked at the FIRM, but I have a thing going with the FIRM. About a year ago I was offered a free month at their forums for a month (the FIRM charges). I took the month, but cancelled, yet every month on my card, I am still charged. So every month, I call my card and complain and every month I call the FIRM and try to get them to cancel -- my card has also made queries on my request -- you'd think it would be easy -- you simply call and cancel -- but so far, every month, there's the charge...:+

So I just have this thing with the FIRM.

Anyway, supper time.

Did IMAX 3 today. What a workout.:7

Just a note:

Am in debate on today's workout. Am a little heavy on the weight -- put on a lb. yesterday -- of course, wasn't really watching what I ate -- but today is supposed to be a weight day -- Power Hour -- and I think I might change it to PUB and then a short cardio afterwards. We'll see.

Time to get down to work.:7

Hi all!

Today's my day off so after sleeping in a bit after DH went to work, I finally worked out. Did Imax2 (have only done this one in it's entirety once before) and PUB stability ball abs. Imax2 was fun and not as hard as the time I'd done it before so I guess that's good. I even kind of did plie jacks, whereas I didn't attempt them before. Fun workout. However, I received the Pyramids DVD yesterday so decided to do the ab work from PUB. I guess I was pretty tired from Imax2 so couldn't do the stability ball work as well and kind of gave up. I can normally do pikes but was too fatigued to do very many. This will be one I will add onto something easier for a while. Good ab workout though, I can see that already. I previewed PUB yesterday so am excited to start that sometime. My heaviest DB is a 12#, but son will be coming over from Reno tonite and will pick me up a 15#. I'll worry about 20# later.

All last weekend and early this week my weight was up, but finally has come back down again. I've really been conscious these last few days about drinking lots of water and avoiding bad snacks. Thought I'd do the 2 interval workouts I own to help on different days of course (Imax2 and Lowmax). Went grocery shopping last night and stood a long time looking at the natural peanut butter. Did not buy it. It'd be okay if I only ate 2 Tbs. but I know I end up eating twice that (or more :eek: ) Anyway, my weight is down to where I pretty much want it again and the muscle definition is back. Think most of the time when it goes up it's just water weight as I'm pretty careful about what I eat. I've also been better about not letting it get me down when my weight is up as I feel so good and look okay in my clothes.

Today is housework and signing up at the community college for a summer dressage class. You can't beat it, $30 or so for a semester, riding twice a week and outstanding instruction, sometimes almost like a private lesson. If you were to have a private lesson with the same instructor it is $30 for about an hour. What a deal to go thru the college.

Karen, how do you like PUB? How has it helped you? Noticed more muscle definition? Do you have Lunacat's Compendium? It's a great document in planning a rotation. Let me know if you don't have it and I'll email it to you.

Take care everyone, enjoy your workouts. Jumping in the shower now and then on to the real fun stuff, housework.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.