Intermediate "Rock Bottoms" rotation?

bubbles76

Hi all! I’m a pretty infrequent poster, but frequent lurker  I have a quick question for all you Cathletes who are great at making rotations. I’m searching for a rotation that focuses on lower body and core without neglecting upper body. I’m really looking to strengthen and shrink my lower half and core, but I want to keep the gains I’ve made with upper body. I saw the Rock Bottoms rotation for Feb 2011, but I’m looking for something a little more intermediate  Does anyone have an intermediate Rock Bottoms style rotation? I have most of Cathe's workouts, with the exception of the LIS series, Crossfire, and To The Max. Would also prefer under an hour if possible. Thanks so much!

Sorry I haven't had the time to come back on here and thank you for posting this. Thank you so much! I am in the second week of this rotation, and I'm really liking it. I have most of these workouts, but they are either virgins or it's been awhile since I've used them. I already feel like my quads are tighter from using them. Funny enough, even with all the plyo my knees don't feel as bad when I'm doing the workouts. I am taking it more lower impact in some instances, but before I've had to cut out impact completely. It feels good to jump again!

NckFit, again thanks for posting this rotation! I am now about two days from finishing this rotation, and my results have been amazing! I have waaayy less cellulite on my legs (which I wasn't even looking to change so that's a bonus), my calves have a little more definition, and my thighs are rock hard :) My stomach is not as flat as I'd like, but my lower half is really coming along great. Oh, and I lost 4 pounds, which I wasn't trying to lose, and my upper body has gotten a bit more definition. I did make one small change to my diet, but I really think that the workouts did it for me, as I've made this type of diet change before but without these great results.

Like I mentioned before, no aching knees so I'm loving that. I do have some serious DOMS so I skipped one workout day. But I completed all the other ones. So glad I started this rotation. Off to find more Cathe rotations. Thanks for getting me back on track!

Lower body results

Thanks Bubbles76 for coming back on this thread.

I am really glad you gained result from this rotation. I have 10 days left from the original Rock bottom and I will be done. I have gained results including cellulite reduction:eek::eek::confused: I did'nt actually think before embarking on the rotation I could probably reduce it.

I have to confess just for the cellulite reduction as a reason, I would do it again!It is just unbelievable. I honestly got more than I bargained for ;):D:D:D

Well done on your 4 pounds weight loss, that was the icing on the cake :cool:

Hmm I bet you will be revisiting this rotation in very near future ;)

Take care,

Last edited:
Wow. I have my eye on this rotation after I finish my 30 day X-train rotation: I have combined the 30 day cardio/strength rotation with the 30 day undulating plus ride rotation (one week, I do 30 day cardio/strength, the next week I do the workouts on the undulating rotation, then switch back to another week of the 30 day cardio/strength, etc.. Combined the two because a) I get bored easily so it's almost impossible for me to stick to a rotation and b) I wanted to keep my body guessing and want to continue to lose weight by doing an undulating approach but wanted more cardio and the cardio/strength rotation has cardio almost every day.

Most of my weight is in my lower body so I'm hoping to lose inches/fat/cellulite. My lower body is so stubborn!!

Last edited:
Wow. I have my eye on this rotation after I finish my 30 day X-train rotation: I have combined the 30 day cardio/strength rotation with the 30 day undulating plus ride rotation (one week, I do 30 day cardio/strength, the next week I do the workouts on the undulating rotation, then switch back to another week of the 30 day cardio/strength, etc.. Combined the two because a) I get bored easily so it's almost impossible for me to stick to a rotation and b) I wanted to keep my body guessing and want to continue to lose weight by doing an undulating approach but wanted more cardio and the cardio/strength rotation has cardio almost every day.

Most of my weight is in my lower body so I'm hoping to lose inches/fat/cellulite. My lower body is so stubborn!!

That is what I feel about my lower body!! Stubborn body part require no nonsense attitude, mindset and challenging rotation. That is the only way to gain result. Plus clean nutrition of course. I need to drink more water aswell.

I am doing the Feb 2011 rotation, I am now happy to move on.:):):)

Ladies we have been discussing the same topic on another thread. Here is the link, Feel free to "chime in";)

http://cathe.com/forum/f97/how-do-i-get-rid-my-j-lo-butt-294066/

That is what I feel about my lower body!! Stubborn body part require no nonsense attitude, mindset and challenging rotation. That is the only way to gain result. Plus clean nutrition of course. I need to drink more water aswell.

I am doing the Feb 2011 rotation, I am now happy to move on.:):):)

Ladies we have been discussing the same topic on another thread. Here is the link, Feel free to "chime in";)

http://cathe.com/forum/f97/how-do-i-get-rid-my-j-lo-butt-294066/

Yes, I've been lurking on that thread, ha!

I have thought about doing the real Rock Bottoms rotation but I don't know how I can do the walking lunges inside unless I just modify it to be all reverse/forward static lunges but walking lunges are much more effective: they kill me but static lunges, not nearly as much. Also wondering if it's overkill for my Nutrisystem diet: Nutrisystem is the only thing that has worked for me recently. I love the food and love that it takes the guesswork out of everything. But I do want to ramp up my weight loss because now after 13 weeks, I'm back to losing only 1 lb per week.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.