HELP!!!!

aepate

I lost 50 lbs in 2001. I was bored and was working out 2 times a day. I started going back to school (Ph.D.) last year and I gained 20 back. I started out this year doing the same things I did in 2001 (except I only have time to work out once a day now...homework). It's not working anymore. I use FIRM videos and Cathe videos but I've been doing the same ones for two years and I think my body is used to them now which is why they aren't working anymore. I could sure use some advice on what to do now. I having problems fitting into my size 10 clothes that I worked very hard to get into in the first place. Any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Alexis;(

Alexis - Which Firm and Cathe videos do you have?? Any interest in getting any newer ones to shock your body into losing weight??

Sara,

Firm: Lower Body Split, Upper Body Split, Total Body Workout, Cross Trainers Strength and Cardio, Sculpted Hips, Buns and Thighs, and a couple of the older titles.
Cathe: Maximum Intensity Strength and the Slow and Heavy DVD.

I'm thinking about getting Cathe's new DVD-the Intensity Series. What do you think? Do you think that I'm not getting the same results because my body is used to these workouts? I was mainly doing Slow and Heavy mixed in with those Firm tapes all last year...not as much as the year before, but about 3 to 4 times a week. I was watching what I ate, and I gained 20 lbs and it wasn't all muscle...trust me it wasn't. Now I'm back up to 5 to 6 workouts per week and I'm still not seeing the results.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts you have as to what would help.

Thanks again for your help Sara,

Alexis

Hi Alexis! I am wondering if you are doing too much weight work back to back. I think that you would really enjoy the new intensity series - it is so much fun!! Also, with all of the interval training, it really shocks your body whether it likes it or not! ;) Do you like doing step aerobics or kickboxing at all? Alternating strength with cardio might give your body a little change too. There are alot of good rotations in this forum - it just helps to mix it up. :)

Sara,

I know I need to do more cardio (might want to get some cheese to go with this...)but I just have this problem with jumping around. Even on the Firm's upper body split...that dopey ball routine. I guess I'll have to go buy some more sports bras and go to it. Do you have any suggestions as to how I should rotate these workouts? I work full time and only have time to work out once a day (when there's no basketball practice or violin lesson).

Thanks,

Alexis :7

Gosh Alexis - There are so many ways to put your tapes into a good routine or several different routines. I would just say that you shouldn't work the same body parts back to back. You can split them into upper and lower body or 3-4 total body workouts, or the Slow and Heavy series with one total body workout. I would definitely recommend investing in some cardio videos, though. That would definitely help split up your workouts and give you better fat loss results. Good luck!!! :D

Thanks alot Sara, I give the cardio a try. I'm really excited about getting the Intensity Series DVD. I'm sure it will make a big difference.

:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.