Calendar help!

sophb21

Hi guys,

Newbie here!

I have a few Cathe series and have no idea how to really use them. Other programs I've purchased have come with a calendar which I follow - easy no need to think! But the Cathe ones don't arrive with them and I'm confused on how to do them. Ideally I'd like to put into workout manager the DVDs I have and it auto generate a calendar for me to follow - is this possible? I tried on the workout manager but I have to drag/drop the workouts into the days I want.

I don't really know which to do on what days, etc so I'd like to just follow something until I get use to the workouts and gain more knowledge.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I really like this question!

What would be the recommendation for slipping up M-F and only having the two weekend days? A full body and a cardio?

I have a few Cathe series and have no idea how to really use them.

I don't really know which to do on what days, etc so I'd like to just follow something until I get use to the workouts and gain more knowledge.

Which series do you have (or which workouts do you want to use)? How many days a week do you want to workout? How long? 30min, 45min, 60min? What are your goals? Weight loss, fat loss, strength, a combination?

Not sure if I can help with a rotation. But knowing the answers to these questions might help others with more experience to figure out a good rotation for you.

Cathe has produced a few "programs" where all the workouts you need are in the series such as Xtrain but most of her workouts are not part of a program, they are just individual workouts.

Each month Cathe posts a rotation which is schedule to follow for that month. She will state the goal for that month eg cardio endurance, weight loss. Some months she will have a workout produced 15 years ago and the next day is a brand new workout. so the workouts are all mixed up.When she comes out with new workouts usually that month's rotation is all based on the new workouts as everyone is excited to try them.

I would browse the monthly rotations and find one that fits your goals and the workouts that you currently own.
I could see that it would be overwhelming initially, we could help if we knew your workout goals and what workout DVDs that you have.

Well I have:

STS
STS Shock cardio
Xtrain
Low Impact series
Crossfire

I need to lose weight and my experience in other programs have been 6 days and variety of time times, so 30 mins one day and an hour the next, etc.

Hope that explains a bit :)

Sorry to compare, but I know the Beachbody website lets you do this, so you could put in I have x workout and x workout then it combines them and make a hybrid for you. Just wondering if I can do the same here.

I've never tried the Cathe DVDs and don't really know how to start and which days to do what.

Well you have some built in programs with those series.

You could do a 3 month STS / shock cardio rotation.
You could do a 3 month XTrain rotation.
Or a 3 month LIS/Xtrain .

Just some thoughts.

When you go under the workout manager click on rotations. You can download rotations that Cathe and others have came up with. There is an STS/Shock cardio rotation, a few STS/LIS rotations and the XTrain rotations. Also there is a sticky at the top of the page that has all of Cathe's monthly rotations. I just got finished with the XTrain 90 day rotation. It was so much fun and I had great results with it. You should also have a user guide for STS and XTrain that has the rotations.

Unfortunately there is no way that I know of to add all your workouts and have the workout manager automatically create a rotation for you.

Have you done the XTrain/LIS 90 day rotation that Cathe created in December?

This is the 'easiest way' to add a Cathe XTrain rotation, specifically the one above. Sorry if you already know how to do this. One thing to know beforehand, as far as I know the Workout Manager Calendar will not allow you to print out the names of the workouts, only the icons. So I only find it helpful to view this calendar rotation online.

Click on the 'Workout Manager' at the top of this page.
Then click on 'calendar'. Click on the day you want to start the rotation. Click on 'add workout'. On select workout choose 'XTrain Rotations'. Choose '90 day XTrain/LIS rotation'. Then click 'save'.

Or you can do it the way farrahalex posted above (which has many additional rotation options from Cathe and members also).

Last edited:
Thank you thank you thank you everyone! All your tips have been helpful - I'll follow your suggestions :) I'm still nursing an injury that I've had since Xmas (which is when I bought all the DVDs for my Xmas present) and haven't been able to try any of them. I'll play around in workout manager some more and get the rotations you guys suggested.

Once again thank you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.