which jacket would you pick to run in?

Hi Juliemom

Personally, I would go with the 2nd one, the Rainshadow. I like the longer back and it just seems to have a few more goodies. Breathability, fleece lined neck, zipper cover, etc. Good luck with the running!

Nancy

Julie, the REI jacket has underarm zippers for ventilation while the Sugoi just has mesh. After you warm up, the ventilation might be a desirable option. But consider whether the long tail is going to annoy you (it appears to be designed for cycling where you need a long tail because you're bent over).

Great prices! Think I'll go do some surfing & see what else is available.

REI's mid-weight zippered-t is great for cool weather outdoor fitness. It can be worn under a jacket or vest when it gets colder. It actually serves as my jacket over a wicking tee for most of my winter activities in California.

http://www.rei.com/product/14139968.htm?vcat=REI_SSHP_WOMENS_CLOTHING_TOC

Debra

I like both of 'em, but my pick would be the second one as well! By the way, I live in Missouri too, in O'Fallon (about 20 minutes from St. Louis)...whereabouts are you, if I may ask? :)

I would get the second one with the longer back. If you run in the rain it will help keep your butt and hams dry and retain body heat when it's cold. I have three running jackets and the ones I wear most have the longer back...course I live where there's more rain! :)

Jo

I was raised in O'Fallon, MO! My address was 747 Cordes. Do any of you know what street that is? I live in Memphis now and have been dying to go back and see my old house. It was near a big water tower.

I have heard the town is really growing but when I was there, it was quite small. We would get icecream at Patkey's (I think that is how you spell it) and we would eat at the Dog n' Suds. They had great root beer there.

Madonna

If you havent' been to O'Fallon in a while you wouldn't even recognize it! It's one of the fastest growing cities in the US, not to mention in Missouri. It's being built up on EVERY corner! I should think there will be building going on there for several more years. Btw Dog n' Suds is awesome!

Oh Julie, that is so interesting. I would love to go back. Have you ever heard of my street, Cordes Road? I imagine it is in the bad part of town now!

Madonna

Hi JulieMom and Madonna!!

Wow, small world, isn't it!!! We moved here, to O'Fallon, from north St. Louis about 11 years ago and it's AMAZING how fast it's grown just since we've been here...and still growing...I mean, you never have to leave your neighborhood if you don't want to...everything you could possibly want is right around the corner, lol...no kidding! JulieMom, maybe one of these days we could meet up...I'd LOVE to meet another Catheite! :))) Madonna, hope you make it through again some day, would love to meet you as well...by the way, I'm at the opposite end of where your street was (I'll have to drive around by the water tower and see if I can find it)...if I find it, I'll post back to you!! :))

Hey Terry!

That would be great if you could give me an update on our old house. My husband and I have been talking about taking a few days off and seeing O'Fallon. It is only about a four hour drive from Memphis. Then would would head off to St.Louis to see the Gateway Arch. What an awesome view that is. Sure makes me miss living there.

Madonna

Hi JulieMom, Madonna and TerryMia,

I lived in Clayton for many years and now live in Chesterfield. I lived in Clayton in my single years- and loved it--got married and moved out to Chesterfield and enjoy it out here as well. Everytime I am in Clayton I have to drive by my old apartment. Clayton has changed so much since I moved 5 years ago. Oh Yeah- I like the 2nd jacket the best.

Sarah

Hey Sarah!!

Chesterfield is only a hop, skip, and a jump away from O'Fallon!! Maybe one of these days we'll run into each other! :)

One of these days we should all plan a get-together of some sort...you, Madonna, JulieMom, me and others who live out this way! That would really be something! :)

Hey ladies! I am not an official city dweller, but I frequent STL (shopping, eating, etc.). My DH works in Chesterfield... he drives from down here in the country (Terre Du Lac). Well, gotta get back to the game.

Autumn

Sarah...it sure is a great idea! Maybe sometime after the holidays we could try to get something together! Autumn, you're in too! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.