Weight lifting diets

vivbc

Cathlete
Hi, just wondering — do you change your diets when lifting heavy? Do you increase your calories and/ or protein to build muscles? As we get closer to the release of the new series, what diet is the best preparation?

Good question! I'll be following to hear of other's practices. I try not to increase calories, but sometimes my appetite is noticeably increased. I have been trying to be more mindful of increasing my protein intake in general these past few years, but even more so when lifting heavy.

I do increase my calories, by 100-200 a day when I'm building muscle. It's very hard to build muscle without an increase in calories.
I also try to split my increase between carbs and protein cause you do need carbs to help build muscle as well as protein.

I rotate my calorie intake when lifting heavy, meaning I shoot for 1400-1500 calories on non-lift days and 1600-1700 on lift days (pretty much the same as rhbrand - a 100-200/day increase). I keep my macros the same with 45% protein, 35% carbs and 20% fat.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.