Streaming not working at night

Ann H

I am consistently having an issue of my streaming not working at night (buffers, stops, lags) although it does work in the morning. Does anyone else have this issue? I have a good internet connection (18mbps) and no problems with other streaming (Netflix, Amazon, etc.).

Evening Streaming Slow Down.

What you should do is try a speed test at night when you're having an issue. Though your cable company may tell you that you get 18 mps, it doesn't mean you actually do.

It's very common for some cable companies to have issues with download speeds in the evening as people return home from work and start using their home computers. If you do a speed test when you're having an issue it may shed some light on why you're having an issue.

Last edited:
Speed test works well

Thank you for the response. I actually have AT&T U-Verse (not cable) and I've been assured that it does not have the same sharing problems as cable. My speed tests show a better speed than I thought was possible for my service: 22 Mbps during the day and 20 Mbps during the evening. I may simply run into traffic problems with your site in the evening.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.