Short Shirt Phenomenon??

welch

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

I have a question for all of you postpartum mommies - did any of you feel that your shirts were shorter after you were pregnant? I'm now 6 months postpartum and I've been back to my pre-pregnancy weight for 3 months. Admittedly, I'm not quite to my pre-pregnancy shape, but I'm not that far off either. My shirts all seem so short now! They're not tight, but they don't come down to my waist the way they used to. I swear they seem 4 - 5 inches too short. I'm not washing them any differently and I don't think it's just perception. I am nursing, but I'm the same bra size I always was so I don't think that's it. What gives?? Did this happen to any of you, or am I just crazy? :)

Carrie

OMG!

That is so funny you say that because what I noticed is that all my shirts are also too short but on the arms! I too am almost 7 months pp and weigh what I weighed before becoming pregnant. I'm not washing my clothes any different either. Hmmm thats so weird!

i totally think the same thing. I am 6 mos pp and idk if its cause i am bf and my breasts are larger than before, but my shirts are def shorter!! i still wear some of the maternity stuff like tank tops cause they are longer

I have 3 kids and I noticed this as well! Haha! So glad I'm not the only one who has experienced this. :D

I'm still working on losing weight from baby #3 ... but after baby #2 I was in the best shape of my life, and even then my pre-preggo shirts were short. What gives?!

Oh, well..... an excuse to buy new tops (as if I need another one). :p :p

aaaaah! hilarious... i am 7 mos pp and still trying to shake a few more lbs, but my breasts are back to pre-preg size. i think about this every time i go to my closet now and have a huge stack of stuff to give to goodwill! they fit fine everywhere but the length! i hold up each shirt and think, "uh, this looks like a crop top!". so funny, but so bizarre. ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's experienced this. I was feeling like I'd lost my mind (okay, the sleep deprivation may have contributed to that). I knew I wasn't washing my clothes any differently and my bra size is the exact same as it was before I got pregnant. It's like my torso is longer, but I'm certainly not any taller. So weird to have a closet full of shirts that don't fit well. I don't know whether to give my clothes away, or hang on to them in case it's a matter of time before they'll fit again? I'm now 7 months postpartum - guess I shouldn't hold out much longer and just go shopping already :)

Carrie

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's experienced this. I was feeling like I'd lost my mind (okay, the sleep deprivation may have contributed to that). I knew I wasn't washing my clothes any differently and my bra size is the exact same as it was before I got pregnant. It's like my torso is longer, but I'm certainly not any taller. So weird to have a closet full of shirts that don't fit well. I don't know whether to give my clothes away, or hang on to them in case it's a matter of time before they'll fit again? I'm now 7 months postpartum - guess I shouldn't hold out much longer and just go shopping already :)

Carrie

Hilarious!!!

You would think that logically the saggy boobies that occur after breast feeding would = long shirt phenomenon!!! ;)

xx, Denise :D

what a funny thread!! i'm 14 and 15 years beyond postpartum, but i thought i'd add my 2 cents anyway. my take on the short-shirt phenomenon is either:
1) your breasts are indeed slightly larger and holding your shirt out and therefore up a little higher, or
2) you've gotten so used to the longer maternity shirts that, by comparison, your pre-pregnancy shirts appear to be shorter.
that's all i've got lol. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.