RT Menu

hriacobacci

Cathlete
Any idea when the menu will be posted? I only ask because I am a vegetarian and would like to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks!

I can give you a partial answer! :)

Any idea when the menu will be posted? I only ask because I am a vegetarian and would like to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks!

Hi Heather!

I'm one of Cathe's Glassboro Road Trip Coordinators this year, as I've been since 2005 (holy cow, 5 years???), so while Cathe's in Hawaii I can give you a partial, and I hope helpful, answer re: the RT menu. :)

It'll be a little while before the finalized menu is posted, but I can definitely tell you this: You'll always have vegetarian choices made available to you at the meals served at Cathe's gym, and you can count on the food served at the gym being plentiful, gorgeous, delicious, and healthy (well, almost all of it -- we do have to reward ourselves with a FEW wicked treats, right? ;))

On Sunday we're having our traditional Farewell Brunch at the Five Points Diner, and you'll be offered some choices from a menu that's customized for our group -- i.e., less extensive than the 5PD's full menu. The food's yummy and "comfort"-style -- exactly what you'd envision from a classic New Jersey diner. So, while there will be vegetarian items like pancakes (and eggs, if you eat them) available for you to order, we can't promise that your food will be strictly vegetarian because it will, of course, be prepared in the 5PD's non-vegetarian kitchen, using their regular pots and pans and grill, etc.

If that sounds like it might present a problem for you, Heather, you might want to plan ahead for Sunday morning and just bring some fruit and maybe some cereal or bars along with you to the Diner. There will be lots of good stuff like that made available for you at the gym throughout the weekend, and you can also pick up similar breakfast items from the lobby of your hotel every morning.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please post them here or PM me or my partner-in-crime Debbie H. and we'll do everything we can to help. We won't let ya go hungry, scout's honor! :) See you soon!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.