Question about Pure Strength workouts

Seymour42

Years ago I had much success with the Pure Strength series. I've lost weight and trying to get fit again and hoping to purchase the PS series on digital download. Question, I don't have a barbell anymore. Can I use dumbbells instead? Is anyone showing modifications for people without a barbell? It's been so long, I can't remember. THANKS.

I don't remember seeing modifications for people without a barbell, but I don't have one and just figured it out as I went. You'll be fine! That's a great series. I should revisit it, too. Thanks for the reminder!

Sure you can. I did Pure Strength for years without a barbell ... I didn't purchase a barbell until the STS series. Cathe uses heavy dumbells in the new Perfect 30 series instead of a barbell. So it's perfectly do-able.

I agree. The series is easily doable with dumbbells. Sometimes I just don't want to keep changing weights on my barbell, so I use dumbbells with strength training workouts. Easier to pick up a new pair of bells halfway through a set than it is to pause the workout and change weights on the barbell. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.