Phases I and II

IrishEyes

Hi everyone,

I am a lurker and not a poster, mostly because I feel I have a lot to learn but not a lot to share with other people. I just stumble around like everyone else, searching for the right ways and things to do! I always got inspiried about reading success stories, though, and always wished there were more. So here goes mine...hopefully it will motivate me for the rest of what I want to do as well as give others some inspiration!

From the beginning, I thought of getting my body back as Phase I and Phase II. Phase I focused mainly on the fat loss and was finished late last April/Mary. 90 lbs. Whew, I can't believe it even as I type it! I swam for most of the time, then added running and a step class while I did some 'weights' in the form of the FIRM tapes and then added some Cathy. From April to end of July I hung in a static state while I waited to have some Surgery. About 2 months ago I was all clear to start exercising again but have not had the motivation to get back into a routine! Well things be starting to sag and flab, so it's time to find it! Hopefully writing this post will help kick me into gear to start Phase II.

PhaseII should be adding some serious muscle. The amount that Cathy and her exercisers have. So, it's time to hit the weights hard, pretty d#$%^ hard. Time to get serious! Wish me luck, please! Eventually I would like to bench press close to my bodyweight and even be able to do some pull-ups. Hopefully in a few months I'll have some appreciable progress to post for my second phase!

-Mary

Good luck, Mary! You've come to the right place. I was also a Firm user until I found Cathe, and I've never looked back! Am I reading your post right? You lost 90 pounds??? WAY TO GO, GIRL!! YOU ROCK!! That IS a success story, hon!!

You will LOVE Cathe's strength training tapes!! I've been using her exclusively since the end of July, and I was on Weight Watchers when I started. I had already lost about 23 pounds and 3 sizes, but when I switched to Cathe, the rest flew off me!! I've lost nearly 60 pounds myself since July of 2002, and I've dropped six sizes. It was her strength training workouts I credit with the inches lost! I weigh about 20 pounds more now than I did in college, when I was this same size. It's all muscle this time! You will see a big difference in your strength gains and muscle definition when you use her workouts. Be sure to alternate them with some cardio so you keep your great results!! You should be SO proud of yourself!!

Keep posting! Don't be afraid to post here. Most people are kind and helpful, and you can get some wonderful advice and information! WELCOME!!

Carol
:)

Hi Mary-
Your success is wonderful and amazing--I am curious, how long did it take you to lose the 90 lbs, (if that's not too personal). I am trying to shed 50, post partum with baby number 5. I have lost 12 pounds since 2 weeks post partum (about 1 lb per week) and have 38 to go. Anyway I love all the success stories I hear on this forum, because when I feel hopeless about all this fat, I realize it can be lost.

take care and thank you for sharing your experience--
Maggie

Mary--

CONGRATULATIONS :7 :7 ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!! That was probably the hardest part of your "journey."
Now you must push on. Cathe's workouts will definitely shock your body into new proportions. Don't get discouraged with some of her more challenging workouts--you'll get there.
I also use the FIRM, but they do pale in comparison to the intensity of Cathe's tapes. But, I keep them around when I want a workout that doesn't kill me.
Good luck with your Phase 2. You've come this far, and you'll keep going. Happy Holidays! :p
Lisa

RE: Phases I and II (Longish)

Hi again!

I need to say that I DO know how to spell Cathe's name (Sorry Cathe!). Also I didn't mean to "disapppear". I deleted my cookies, couldn't remember the password, and couldn't get the email because of Exchange Servers being down at work!

Anyway, thanks for your responses!
Carol - I have clicked on your pictures before, while lurking. :) I just looveee looking at people's pictures! You're looking awesome yourself! Yes, the lbs did just fly off you, that's a short time for 60 lbs. Doesn't it feel soooo much better?????Thanks for your encouraging words too!

MSJ- nothing amazing about my success! Although, before I lost the weight and felt it would NEVER budge when I read about others who had lost a slew of weight, their losses did seem amazing to me then! But, truly, if I can do it, anyone can! It took me a total of 22 months, but broke down to about 20 lb loss in a few months, 6 months of stagnation while adjusting to a new 12-hour shift work schedule, then frustration and slow results month after month for another 4 or 5 months. Basically, in the last 9 of the 22 months I lost the bulk of it, 56 lbs. My fastest rate was about 2 lbs per week, maybe a smidge over at some point. When I ditched The FIRM and concentrated on swimming, the lbs flew off. Looking back, I think I was doing neither enough cardio or enough poundage with the FIRM to really reap much benefits from either, altough I did tucker myself out doing it. Least, that's what I come up with in hindsight. I also know 1 lb a week can be frustrating- I was there, but at least I looked at that it's a lot better after 12 weeks than 0 lbs a week! Besides, you're already 20% there! Betcha feel a great difference already, don't ya? :)

Xray- thanks for your words too! :)

Hope everyone had a good Christmas/Kwanzaa/Hannukah (Sp?). Now I'm off to post a question in the open forum. :)

RE: Phases I and II (Longish)

Mary,
Thank you for the encouragement and the details about your amazing weight loss. I would like to lose all my weight within about a year, so at 1lb per week, I ought to reach my goal. So far, so good:).

Keep us posted on phase II

take care
Maggie

Hi Mary! Don't be a lurker, you have LOTS to share...90 pounds??? Woo-Hooo for you! If the tapes you have now are not motivating you, you might want to try some of Cathe's newer tapes for that boost you need. They will NOT disappoint you! We wish you lots of luck and I bet in no time you will be repoting your success of Phase 2! Keep us posted.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.