P90X Monday Checkin

aproudfit

Cathlete
Morning -

Hey - Christine & Janet - I am 5'11" - we got some tall ones in here... :)

Ok - this is a recovery week for me - and I jut couldnt get out of bed this morning - so still have to get in my Yoga for the day. I have a Bryan Kest workout I am going to try. I have a question for you all - probably Carole more - Can/should you add extra cardio during a recovery week? I had been doing doubles - but not sure you should on a recovery week. I know the P90X info for a doubles rotation is the same for non-doubles. What do you think?

Thanks!

We do have some tall ones here! :) Reminds me of home.

I did Chest and Back today, followed by Ab Ripper X. I am sad to realize that this is the last time I'll do this one for 5 weeks - I really like it. I'm getting those darned diamond push ups, and I'm really seeing improvements in other areas as well. And considering that I had to drag myself out of bed this morning - I even went back to bed thinking I'd do C&B tomorrow, then got up 5 minutes later knowing I was fooling myself - I thought improving was a good thing! I'm going for a run this afternoon, as well. Probably only a 3 miler as it's going to be hot today.

Good question Anne, as I've been running with this. I'd like to hear the response from our guru Carole!

How's everyone doing?

Wow I can finally join you ladies.

Day 1 for me-I did Core Synergistics-Loved it!!

Can't wait for more.

Kathy

I jsut finished 50 min of Yoga. I did Bryan Kest. I liked it actually... :)

I am more looking forward to Core Synergistics tomorrow! :) I remember dripping sweat the last time I did that one.

Anne - was that the Bryan Kest Power Yoga? He's a great instructor. I really enjoy this dvd. And it doesn't hurt that he's a bit of eye candy, too!!! Glad you enjoyed it!

Happy May ladies. I'm starting phase 3 today - chest and back revisited. I like this one a lot and this time around I did about 80% of the pushups from my toes. This program is a strength builder. Also did ab ripper and a 5-mile run. Anne - I really like Bryan Kest yoga - love his voice and instruction. Christine - could you send some "hot" my way please? Enjoy your workouts today!

Lorrie

Hi P90xers!

Anne...isn't Bryan good!! When I did my first round of P90X I was running 3 times a week and I did also do that in the recovery week. My body is used to the running so it wasn't a problem. Go by how you are feeling as it should feel like recovery..:)

Christine...that is great you are seeing improvements, I remember how good those different types of push-ups felt. I'll be doing C&B in 2 weeks...oh my! Enjoy your run and it is hot here to so I run early.

Welcome Kathy...yes Core Synergistics will get you all over!!

Lorrie...great job with the push-ups!...so, I guess we are all Bryan Kest fans...:)

I did GS Chest, tri's and shoulders plus a 5 mile run. I was hoping to try out the last TLT FYC but my DH is home sick and that can be a pain....x(

Christine - I got Bryan Kest Power Yoga ~ Energize, Tone & Sweat. So there are 3 different workouts on the one DVD. I just did the Energize today. I might try the Tone later in the week. I like him and the workouts so far.

Carole - I think I will throw in a little more cardio - but stick to the basic P90 recovery week.

I am looking forward to getting back to C&B - it has been a month since that workout and the Shoulders & Arms. I am interested to see how much progress / srengths gains I have from the first month.

Anne - I haven't even viewed the Chest Shoulders and Triceps or Back and Biceps. Are they really different? Just curious.

Christine -

I really like both of these workouts as well. A lot of new exercises and moves. I really feel the CST - esp the Tri's portion. It is the same as the Shoulders & Arms with the sequencing - one chest, one shoulders, one tri.

The Back and Biceps is two back then two biceps. Good workout and moves quickly!

Hi you tall P90Xers!! A shortie checking in... I did Plyo X and Shoulders and Arms yesterday (making up for one missed day in there), and then a 2.5 mile trot this morning. I'm about to start Yoga X... and I don't have someplace to be afterwards, so I'm thinking there is no excuse to not get in the full workout!! LOL

Christine is wearing me down and I'm sure I'll sign up for the half marathon in July by the time I go to bed tonight, LOL. We'll see how it goes- but all this plus doing Eat to Live, I BETTER be in the shape of my life, LOL!!! :7

It's really fun to work on P90X, feel like I can't do the moves, then take them to bootcamp and ask the participants to do them... and by comparison, I feel AWESOME! LOL. Last week I had them do crunches, feet together, knees wide like Cathe does in Core Max, and they were saying they felt like a frog... so I introduced Froggies to them from Ab Ripper X!!! }(

I really am evil.

So Carole - need your expert advise again - you just know everything! ;-)

I'm thinking of changing up this week. Did not get my run in today due to work - that happens sometimes. So, I'm thinking of this - do you think it'll work okay?

M - C&B, Ab Ripper X
T - 4 mile run
W - IMax 3 - intervals 5-10 (or part of Plyo X), Shoulders and Arms, Core Max complete premix
R - 4 mile run
F - Legs and Back, Ab Ripper X
S - Bryan Kest's Power Yoga (active rest day)
S - 5/6 mile run, hike with Amy

First of all Christine, I want to say you will love P90X Back & Biceps and also Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Classic Tony style...:)...I don't think I know everything...:)...but I think I'd add some Yoga to Thursdays run (maybe 30 mins) and do some Kickboxing on Sat...just a thought, if it doesn't workout time wise just do what you have decided to...:)

Hello P90X'ers!
Welcome Kathy!

I've rested today. I played 2 soccer games yesterday (championship games: we did well, but lost the final game). Today my legs are pretty tired and sore. Love the feeling though.

Boy, you've all been so informative! I haven't done core syn. yet...I'm looking forward to trying it though.
I'm glad to hear that some of you have added some cardio to the recovery week, I was wondering the same thing.

Carole and Christine....you both are inspiring!
Lorrie...great to hear your strength is improving. I'm excited too to see how I do this week! I can't wait to be able to a full pull up....I keep getting closer!

Ok...Anne, Christine, & Janet....that's not fair you are all tallx(
I'm 5"3 and a 1/2! I make sure that 1/2 is there:)

Well...hope you all had a great day today;)
Alicia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.