October 2015 Fit Mommas Check-in

And here we are. Oct 1!!!

Cardio Mish Mosh Live (7/30/15) today. Nice and sweaty, and now we're off for the afternoon's rainy adventures. Hope you're doing well, Roz---esp that foot!

X's + O's!

Lisa

XTrain Burn Sets, the Back + Biceps premix!

TGIF!!! Ugh, this has been one of those weeks. So glad the weekend is here. I hope you have a good one, and I will be back on Monday to report Saturday's workout (if any).

HUGS!

Lisa

Hi Lisa,
Great job on your Burn Sets workouts! Love those workouts. And cardio mish mosh! Sounds like your kind of workout! ;)
Sorry to hear it was one of those weeks, sigh. Hope the weekend cures all ills.
Weds was UB, lots of barbell push presses. Thurs was yoga, yesterday was a long walk, and deadlifts today. Heavy triples around 225# then I backed off 20#. Then onto chinups and a finisher. Fun!
XOXO
Roz

Well, here I am checking in even though I thought I'd be offline until Monday. The reason I had to jump in is because I did what felt like--to me--to be the hardest Cathe Live I've done yet. Cardio Strength Blast Live (9/18/2014). It's short but it's relentless.

High fives for some great moves and grooves on your end! Keep on rocking it and having fun.

Thinking of you! And, yes, so far the weekend has helped me get over the blahs and ughs of this week. ;)

Lisa

Butts and Guts, the original. I always forget 2 things about this workout: 1) that it never gets easier, no matter how many other leg workouts I do; and 2) I really really find the stretch segment music to be creepy and macabre, very funeral-esque.

HUGS!

Lisa

Hi Lisa,
B&G Original, awesome!! :D That one's on my to-revisit list, for sure. I don't remember the stretch music, but -- LOL -- I will next time! B&G = guaranteed DOMS.
Nice job on Saturday's Live workout -- sounds like another winner!
I have only ONE GSF2 workout left! What?! Where did the 12 weeks go? Not sure what's up next, so maybe a yoga and met con 'vacation' while I weigh the matter.
Today I did push presses (5x5 at 95#), renegade rows, reverse flys, leg raises (still skipping the heavy carries), and biceps curls.
Yesterday I PR'ed my squat at 180#! Woo! :D
Sending you big hugs and lots of happy, sleeping-child thoughts!
Roz

Hey Roz,

Whoa, you are right! Hard to believe you conquered the GSF2 rotation. Seems like you've enjoyed it and gotten some strength gains. Glad you've been able to modify for your foot so that you could finish the program. Too bad that ICE isn't out yet so that you could go for that next. IDK what you're looking for next exactly, but Bodybuilding.com has loads of free programs you might dabble with until you settle on what you want. My DH is currently doing Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Size and he loves it!

Yesterday I did KCM's TLC with my Everlast gloves. Got some major back DOMS. Today I did RWH LIHI CST. I am just so toasted by the triceps section at the end that I feel like my tris get jipped. Ah well. I should just reverse the order of the exercises next time I go for this one (not that I'll actually remember to do that, ha!).

XOXO! Hope you are happy and well and enjoying your "good" busy-ness.

Lisa

Howdy, Roz!

Yesterday = LIS Low Impact Challenge step + most of the bonus step, but I didn't feel like doing it all so I just stopped (and then stretched, of course).

Today = RWH LIHI BSB, but I did the premix that changes the order to back, biceps, shoulders so that I could give my biceps work as much oomph! as possible. It worked to some extent, but those back moves pre-exhaust the biceps and the body generally! ;)

Thinking of you. HUGS!

Lisa

High Intensity Cardio Step Live (6/26/14) for me today. This is the one with the hand weights + step segment at the end.

Off tomorrow and back at it on Monday. XOXO!

Lisa

Hi Lisa,
Great job on your workouts!!
I wrapped up GSF2 with deadlifts and pullups and rows on Thursday, then kicked off GSF1 today! It just looked too fun to NOT do right now. The first phase is relatively high rep (with main lifts in the 8-10 range and accessory moves even higher), so I'm getting a 'break' from what I was doing before.
The first workout was -- shock and awe -- DEADLIFTS! 7 sets in the 8-10 rep range at 135-155#. Phew -- hello, cardio! Then one-arm DB strict presses, resistance band pull-aparts, hamstring curls on sliding discs, and side planks. Awesome workout, I'm loving it! :D
It's starting to get chilly here, so I'm trying to soak up all the natural Vitamin D that I can before it gets too cold to be outside.
Things are REALLY busy for me right now, so I'm just trying to stay present to whatever's going on. (Hence my relative dearth of screen time.)
Sending LOTS of love and big hugs your way, mama!!
Roz

Way to go, Roz! GSF1 sounds like the perfect fit for your next round of workout awesomeness!

Totally understand the goal to be present in life. Right there with ya!

LLA + bonus barre today. Had a lovely weekend so my legs were ready for the burrrrrrn. Also looking forward to ICE. Glad I pre-ordered (duh me).

Hugs and loves back at you.

Lisa

Hi Lisa!
I am going to link to a description of yesterday's workout here:
http://cathe.com/forum/threads/lifting-like-girls.301749/#post-2320811
DD is just waking up!

Awesome job on GS CT! That one is really a toughie, even w/o pushups. I remember you PR'ed your bench press recently -- do you find that translates into higher volume work in GS CT? I remember that workout floored me after STS Meso 3 when I was doing the bodybuilding rotation.
Also, was this your first time with RWH Low Impact #1? How'd you like it?
Hugs!
Roz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.