My success story

buffbarb

Hey there. I'm new to the forum and my entire story can be found (with pictures) here
http://barbsweightlossjourney.wetpaint.com
but I'm a true believer in fitness dvd's and how they can change a persons life. In May 2005 I decided to change my life. I started at 165lbs after dropping 20lbs postpartum after the birth of my son. After his birth I was 181lbs at 5' tall - wearing 22's and 24's.
At 165 I got serious not only about eating clean, but about exercise. I started out with the Leslie Sansone in home walking programs. They were quick, I could do them just starting out (I seriously hadn't worked out in 20 years or more) and they worked. I lost the other 45 lbs for a total of 65lbs using her program.
Then I needed to increase the intensity of my workouts and add weight training. I adore Cathes workouts and own quite a few. My favorites are Core Max, Muscle Max, Kick Max and Power Hour I think , well, if I have to choose favorites :)
I have muscle definition I never thought possible. I was overweight my entire life - I have never... never... never... dreamed it would be possible for me to be a size 4.
Yet here I am at 5' tall, 115lbs and in the best shape of my life. I have muscles. I feel strong. I have a way to go but I'm doing it. I suffer with weightloss and 3 babies stomache skin/pooch, but I'm not giving up!
I actually sent my pictures to Leslie Sansone and was invited to give my testimony in an infomercial for her program and then I was asked to be a cast member in her 2 mile Fast Break from her new WalkSlim program. I loved it - it was an honor and a blessing and I hope that people who do the video will think 'wow, if she can do this, so can I'. I hope to be in other fitness videos - I think sometimes people need to see not so perfect bodies doing this stuff - to know that it is a journey and we can do it!
I find myself talking to people all the time about eating right, doing dvd's that they love - and of course about Leslie and Cathes programs. I thank Leslie for getting me started, I thank Cathe for taking me further then I ever thought possible.

Thank you for letting me share my story.

Barb, WOW!!!!!!! :eek:

You look absolutely fantastic!! And what an inspiration you are! Congrats to you! :7 :7

Yay! You got to meet Leslie! I have several of her walking dvds. I love them! :)

Thank you so much for sharing your story.

Barb,

Congrats!!! What a great story! And you do look 15 years younger. Thanks for the motivation. I love these kinds of story.

Therese

Trust in the LORD with all your heart.

hi barb, i am loading your pic now. i have dial-up so it takes awhile:) anyway, i am also 5', and at 52, it is hard to keep the weight off, but i've been working out for about 20 yrs. now. i also weigh 115 and i always feel like it is too much for my height. i am glad you posted your weight, cuz it makesme feel better for not weighing 100 lbs. i cna't get down that far anymore. i am in great shape,but my middle is a little too thick for my liking , thanks to menopause:) , but i'm trying to concentrate on more heavy weights and see if it will change. gonna look at your pics now.
cathy

thanks for sharing your amazing story...you are an inspiration! Im starting out in this get-in-shape madness and dont know where to begin...do you have a sample eating day/week for your eating clean plan that you followed?

thanks for the dvd recommendations..maybe one day I'll have some great before and after pics. to share as well!

What an inspiration you are. You look great! I am sure your family is so proud of you for giving them some extra years by taking care of yourself.

Good Job! I love Leslie's new series - I just got the 4 Fast Miles and I think it's fun and a good workout! Cathe's and Leslie's are a good combo for alternating killer and not-so-killer workout for a good mix.

Hey Barb,
just wanted to let you know that You look AMAZING,and Congratulations!!!

I also use to be a size 22/24.Im not near your size(Miss size 4;-)) but im slowly loosing,currently in a 12/14. I've still got some time to go,but boy is it fun seeing my body changing!

Your are an inspiration to us all,keep up the good work! Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.