Morning Sickness...

L

lmn

Hi All,
I am just newly pregnant (6 1/2 weeks) with my second child and I am having a horrible time with morning sickness. Actually, morning is the worst time, but I do feel nauseous on and off all day long.

I don't remember being this uncomfortable when I was pregnant with my daughter. But then again, I didn't have a 2 1/2 year old to chase after then either!

Does anyone have any suggestions/tips that worked for them? I'll try just about anything. I can't wait until this is over!

What's worse is that I have felt so horrible, I have not been able to work out for the last week, and I am sure that is making me feel even worse.

Thanks for any advice,
Laura

nausea

I too was sick starting in my 6th week and lasting until my 16th!! I still have times where I don't feel well and this is week 18... These were the remedies people gave to me...ginger capsules, papaya tablets, Vit B6 if ok with MD, potato chips at the bedside, ginger ale and eat anything which seems to help...for a long time chocolate milk was my best friend! I bought the fatfree Nestle's.
I too, could not work out, but I think you should only do what you feel like doing...time off from the workouts might be what you need!!!!

I wonder if it is a boy that could be causing your problems!!!!!! Good luck and hang in there!

poor Laura

Bless your heart! I suffered horribly with all three of my pregnancies so I REALLY do have SO MUCH sympathy for what you're going through. It is much harder when you feel like you'd rather be dead than alive and you still have to chase a toddler or two. I know how discouraging that is. Hope you feel better soon. In the meantime, whenever you're able to eat, try to get in a protein-carb combo. For instance, I practically LIVED on celery sticks with peanut butter when pregnant with DD#1. Another good choice is peanut butter toast/crackers, or cheese and crackers, or cottage cheese and fruit. I always felt best if I could combine a protein and a carb. Of course, that sort of assumes that you are able to eat at all. . . which sometimes I couldn't!! Best of luck, susan p

right there with you

Hi Laura - I am just 5 weeks along with our first, and I have been really sick since almost the beginning. I haven't managed to work out much either. These things don't always work, but some occasionally help me: hard lemon candy, having a regular snack every 1 1/2 or two hours, Susan's suggestion of combining protein/carbs, drink at different times than you eat, graham crackers or saltines in the bathroom for trips at night (I don't know about you, but I visit there frequently.....), and the doctor suggested yesterday that I try some Emetrol (sp?) and try taking my prenatal vitamins later in the day.

Sometimes a little walk in the fresh air helps me too - I know some kids are more fond of the stroller than other, though! :)

Hang in there - and thank you for posting! It makes me feel a little better to hear from someone else who is going through the same thing.

Bridget

Thank You!

Thank you all so much for your advice! I am finding *some* relief using some of your suggestions! (especially increasing my protein, liquids and ginger anything!)

Bridget, I guess misery does love company, because it made me feel a little better knowing I am not the only one going through this! It just seems like all of my close friends have never experienced morning sickness and I was beginning to feel like, "why me?!?" I do hope that you are feeling better soon.

Take care everyone,
Laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.