Just turned 40! I need 'Been there done that ' type advice...

Mpetra

Hello All!

It was my birthday on Oct 20th and I have been struggling a bit. Not so much with my age but with my stomach. I love my body, even as it changes, but I have been really hyper focused on my stomach for the past year or so. I have been in shape and actively working out since my early 20's, jeez, I found Cathe so long ago! I have always liked working my abs and my body type is naturally thin (ish) so I never really had a lot of trouble getting my abs to show. It took a lot of work! I don't want to discredit myself but man, its been like a weird body tick of mine lately. I look at my stomach and I see how soft it seems now and I just feel defeated.

I have made some necessary food changes and started taking a probiotic, which really helped with bloating! I am hoping for some advice on how one should 'tweak the system' as we get older. I still enjoy working out and I am getting back into a more dedicated schedule after a year or so of working out every two weeks then falling off track. I do feel though as I am doing more or less what I have always done and its just not good enough anymore.

How have you dealt with getting older but staying in good shape? I love reading so any good books would be welcome too.

Cheers!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.