How do you get pages to fit the computer screen?

Abbe...

Cathlete
Hi!

Is there a way to make an adjustment so that the pages fit within the width of my computer screen? Right now, I have to use the scroll button on the bottom of every screen in order to see the full width.

Could it be a browser issue? I use the Firefox browser with a Mac computer and my page dimensions are fine.

Page Width

I am having this same issue also! I really haven't wanted to come on and check the Forums since it is such a pain to scroll back and forth to read a message.

Hopefully, this can be resolved.

My width is okay, but I really don't like the height of the "TheCatheNation Forums" banner. While it looks cool, it takes up way too much real estate on the screen and it loads more slowly than it should. It's not a long load by any means, but there is still a lag that shouldn't be there -- it's just too big.

I found something that helps with text size!

Since it was/is driving me crazy having to continually scoll back and forth, I did find something that helps until we get an answer on how to fix it permanently

When you are in a Thread, if you click on Thread Tools and select printable version, it all fits on your screen. The problem is once you go into another Thread, you have to re-do, but it eliminates the scrolling.

Hope this helps!

Since it was/is driving me crazy having to continually scoll back and forth, I did find something that helps until we get an answer on how to fix it permanently

When you are in a Thread, if you click on Thread Tools and select printable version, it all fits on your screen. The problem is once you go into another Thread, you have to re-do, but it eliminates the scrolling.

Hope this helps!

Yes, it helps very much, thank you.:D

Will this be fixed??

Justs wondering if the problem with the forum text fitting within the computer screen will be fixed? It is so difficult to read Threads now, scrolling back and forth.

Thanks

Justs wondering if the problem with the forum text fitting within the computer screen will be fixed? It is so difficult to read Threads now, scrolling back and forth.

Thanks

Our forum is designed to fit on a 15 inch monitor with a screen resolution of 1024x768 . At least 86% of all computers in the world should be able to view our forums without scrolling. 1024x768 or higher is the standard resolution configuration sold by nearly every computer manfactuer nowadays. If you're having a problem with the forum fitting on your screen you will need to increase your screen resolution.

I am curious though, what size monitor are you using and what do you have your screen resolution set to?

Thread Display on Forum...

Hello,

One of the things that Deb and I discovered during the RT when reviewing the User CP - was the Thread Display...I'll attach a pic which is easier to understand. If allowing more posts to display on your screen is part of what you are describing - this may help (bump up to 40 - which looks like Max # of posts per page to display).:eek:

Another thing you may want to check is the Display Mode: *Linear, Hybrid & Threaded. I use Linear.

Hope this helps,

Attachments

• Thread Display.jpg
    Thread Display.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 7
  • Threaded Mode.jpg
    Threaded Mode.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.