Hi from AZ

npuzon

Cathlete
Hi All! I have been absent from the forum for about 6 months coz I recently moved to AZ and left EVERYTHING IN NJ.

In 2000, I was a heavy and unhappy size 18. In March 2002, I motivated and started to start a workout and a feel better program. In the past, I worked out to Jane Fonda videos, the Firm, Tae Bo and some light weight training, all in the convenience of my home. I started to do 10 mins. of workout a day (I was really out of shape). After 2 weeks, I increased it to 15 min. a day, then after a week added on another 5 mins. for a total of 20 mins. and so on. After 3 months of working out, I was able to do the whole 30 mins. video. I was feeling better.

Sometime in June 2002, I discovered Cathe.com and ordered my first DVD workout the CTX Series. I struggled at first, but then just kept on trying, until one day, I did one workout and loved it. I got hooked.

I was a size 12 when I started with Cathe in June of 2002. I am presently a size 2 or 4 and can even fit into a 5 junior size.

I joined a gym here in Gilbert, AZ. This is my 1st time joining one, since I've always worked out at home.

I hired a personal trainer for 6 sessions (30 mins./session). This is the first time I got weighed, since I never weighed myself when I was heavy, I just measured and gauged my weight loss from my dress size. I showed my before picture to some people and they said that I looked like I was 230 lbs. and said that I look like a completely different person now. I look happy, glowing (is how some put it) and just full of energy.

I want to post my pictures, but still have to figure it out.

I want to thank CATHE and everyone in this forum for making me so motivated in making myself feel better. The physical aspect is nice but to me the psychological/emotional/mental is MORE REWARDING.

THANKS!!

Take care,

Nenette (npuzon)

Wow - from a 12 to a 2 or 4?!? That's excellent! You did all this by just doing Cathe or did you change your eating habits also? Can't wait to see your pics! Congrats on such a huge accomplishment!! Malissa :)

Hi!

I did change my eating habits. When I was heavy, I was in a deep depression and just ate junk. I made myself FAT! Then, one day, I just started to drink water. It was hard at first, but I just made myself drink water. Then, I started eating healthy. It was hard work coz my taste buds were so use to eating all the grease from the fast food places. I started with having salads and always had a piece of chicken breast (baked or grilled). I started to watch Food TV to get some recipes, or logged online to print recipes that were appetizing. I started to make my own salad dressings and that really made my meals more exciting.

I really had to re-program my mental state and from there, anything is possible. I occasionally have junk food binges, esp. when the red flag is up, but otherwise, I limit my intake of red meat.

Thanks for the wonderful reply. It means so much to me.

Take care.

Nenette

Nenette what a fabulous and inspiring story!!! Thanks for sharing it here!

You must feel great! :) Happy New Year!

Kitty

Way to go Nenette! I went from bursting out of a 16 down to a 2 also....don't you feel like a different person? I finished in April of 2003; already I can't even remember how it was to be so FAT! Way to go, glad you're feeling better and not depressed anymore, also. That contributed a huge amount to my weight, also.

Congratulations Nenette. What a great story. It sounds like you feel and look great and probably have more energy too.

Thanks for the encouraging story, Nenette--I am on a weight loss journey and it's nice to know it can be done:)

Maggie

Wow Nenette - congratulations on your weight loss and the NEW YOU! You should be very proud of what you've accomplished and the journey that got you there. You story is very inspiring!

I wish you the best in 2004 and continued success in your fitness quest!

Wow Nenette! What a great success story! Just goes to show what determination will do. Good for you for not giving up. Thanks for sharing it with us. You are right, this is the place to come for motivation. Congratulations! If you go to Cathe Addicts site, it is very easy to upload pix. Here is the link:

http://[email protected]/CatheAddicts

Would love to see your pictures!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.