hi everyone!

christinap

Hi ladies!
I am newly registered as a cathelete but I've been doing cathe videos on and off for almost 6 years.
I had my first baby 18 months ago, and we plan to have another one within a year or two. no rush :)
but here's a question: I am working at getting my core strength back (still!)
and I suffer from a weak hamstring and consequently sore lower back with pangs of siatica like feeling. I don't know if its actually the siatic nerve that is irritated. I guess it could be just from having a weak core and hamstring.
So anyone else out there have the same problems? Did you do anything that worked? Is it as simple as consistent excercise? I have been excercising since the baby was 6 months old, and I excercised until I was about 6 months pregnant. I am at a healthy weight, but my body shape is totally different than it used to be and I need to work harder to tighten it up!
TIA!!!
Christina

You're describing the same condition that I described to my chiropractor when I went in to see him for the first time. DS was 6mos old at the time, too. He used a very technical term called "mommy back". :)
Very common for new mothers to have low back and pain and to keep it as long as they are consistently picking up and hauling around little ones.

I see my chiro for monthly adjustments and it's helped IMMENSELY. The curve of my spine has actually improved.

So, that's my suggestion. Very normal, but something that once it becomes aggravating or debilitating enough, you need to do something about it. It's not likely to go away on it's own. Although core strengthening will help - abs, dead lifts, supermen, etc...

I second seeing a chiropractor! I *heart* ours. Chiropractic definitely relieves those sciatic pains! Good luck!

Thank you very much for the advice, ladies. I am going to work on getting to a chiro. I have been before, I don't know why I haven't thought of it for this! duh!
and of course work on the core. I am comitted to doing coremax at least 2 (trying for 3) times per week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.