Heartburn

B

barb

Does anyone have a remedy for serious heartburn??? I am taking Tums alot and I have tried eatting different things...I am in week 30...Joyce, when is your due date, as I noticed we are about in the same week!

The WORST part of pg for me!!!

Barb,

I really feel for you, as heartburn has been the absolute worst aspect of this pregnancy for my by far. I found that Tums used to work ok for me earlier on, then I switched to Mylanta - keep it stored in the fridge - for some reason the cold helped a bit (the mint flavor is actually really good cold). Now that I am near the end (38.5 weeks), sadly, nothing helps at all, and I get heartburn from absolutely everything (yes, even water!). I'm just trying to remember that it's almost over!

Maybe give Mylanta a try, and definitely plan your meals so that you don't eat anything anywhere near bedtime (when you'll be lying down). Good luck!

m.
EDD 12/24 w/#1

Heartburn Remedies

When I was pregnant I remember reading that chewing gum after eating each meal helps since it keeps the stomach acids down.

I would also try to elevate your head while sleeping by placing 2 or 3 pillows slightly propped up on the back of your bed frame--not as high as if you're reading in bed, but you get the general idea. My husband gets horrible heartburn and finds that this helps quite a bit.

ask your doc about taking the things like pepcid and other medications in that group. I had TERRIBLE heartburn when I was pregnant.
after drinking lots of milk, taking antacid tabs by the handful, I finally had to swear off certain foods that I used to be able to eat easily--like Mexican food esp enchiladas, barbeque sauce and anything with it, bacon or turkey bacon and onions in any shape or from and deep fried anything.
But then what cravings have you had?? I craved MEAT!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.