Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In for Sat June 3

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did CIA Step Generation with Ann Marie Sill for 50 minutes and kept my HR between 70-80% of my max. I think I need to try this on a higher step, as it's so dancy that it's hard to get your HR up. I didn't follow this to well. Haven't done it for a while and I was still learning it previously....but Saturdays are notoriously my "work on my coregraphy" aerobic day. I also did the basic 20 minute routine on my Pilates Reformer and then I did 30 minutes of Yoga Radiance (15 minutes Spring and 15 minutes Lunar segment). I also did Cathe's Total Body Stretch Segment on the floor.

For some reason, I REALLY felt like I needed that extra stretch today. I must have been tense from being stressed out at work. Last night I kept waking up with a charlie horse in my right outer hip/piriformis region. After I did the Lunar yoga segment, it felt so good to stretch that I felt I need more. I even paused Cathe's stretch DVD and held my stretches longer.

That Yoga Radiance DVD is pretty good. It was my special bargain offer from Fitness Organica. I got it for $7. I like it cuz it has the shorter segments on it and you can make a short yoga practice.

All of this talk of Turbo Jam makes me want to do the Turbo Jam rotation this month instead of starting my Cathe rotation. For some reason (probably dragging all of my equipment out every day), I'm having a major "dread" factor facing this Cathe rotation. I may just do the TJ rotation for a month before I do my Cathe.

Off to soak my sore shoulders in the tub. We'll probably see that movie "The Breakup" this weekend, as that's the only thing playing that we haven't seen. Maybe we'll go to the cheap theater and see an older movie that we haven't see also. I'm not sure.

Have great workouts or rest days and I'll be back later to check in.

ETA: Where did Diana Sue posts what she eats? I looked back to try to find it after reading Suz's post last night but didn't see anything?

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I worked out my biceps/triceps and decided to do shoulders after a nap. I worked out my biceps/triceps very hard so I was quite tired afterwards. I got in a very good shoulder workout too and now they are sore...YEAH!

Diane Sue,

I was not sore after working out to LL using the weights Cathe uses and it was too easy. I should have gone heavier too, like you mentioned.

Today I will work my legs again doing three sets of bbm which is basically...duck squats, leg curls, hamstring curls, leg presses, walking lunges and deadlifts, etc. I will stick with heavy weights and lower reps.

Charlotte~~

Good Morning Maniacs,

I'm at work today, just to get caught up on somethings, so hopefully next week won't be too bad, plus I need the o.t. to help out with our beach trip June 22nd. Anyway, last night I did leg work with my hubby. He always makes me lift more than I do when I'm on my own, cause he knows I can do it, and I need that push anyway. I did squats with the hightest weight used was 85 lbs (this is very good for me) no where near you Charlotte. :) I did leg extentions, dead lifts, and standing ham string curls! Did 2 sets of warm ups on all, the 3 sets of 12, 10 and then to failure. I think I did pretty well with these,as I feel it already this morning. I think I will try to do legs twice a week once with Cathe and once with hubby. ;-) Today after work I'm gonna do some cardio and then some yoga like I said I would. DD has a dance recital this afternoon, so gotta get creative and give her a funky/punky hair style, and go dramtic with the eye make-up. It's a hip hop dance and she's really good at dance, anyway I'll have to get out of here early enough to do my w/o's then help her get ready, and off to the recital!

Lora - good w/o, sounds like you're feeling better! Good for you. I'm wanting to get the TJ's. I don't have any of them and I'm ready to order the Maximum TJ's.

Charlotte - Sounds like you've got a tough w/o today! One day I'll be there right with ya with the poundages! :D

Hello to Netta, Suz, Susan, Terri, Marietta, Christine, Diane Sue, and if I forgot someone I'm really really sorry, but hello to all and hope everyone has a great weekend and good w/o's!!!

Hi Ladies,

I am wanting to buy the TJ workouts for my birthday next monday. What is the rotation? Which ones will I need to do it? I have until the 12th to decide as that is my birthday and I deserve to treat myself :)

So Lora and Diane Sue and Nicole-What is the rotation? :) I am doing Cathes rotations this month so by the time I get the TJ's I can do it in July.

Marietta I am sending good vibes your way for the race!
Dallas-I am sending you an e-mail this weekend
Nicole-Thanks for the e-mail :)
Suz-Weekends work best for me for meeting up.
Christine-How are you?
Susan-Good luck with the going back to work.
Netta, Sandy and Charlotte-have a great weekend.
Debbie-I am gladthe scale is moving the way you want it to.

Terri

Sandy,

85# is very good indeed. I can go heavier for squats too cuz I have a smith machine. It would be quite challenging to take a barbell that heavy over my head. I have been really trying to talk my hubby into doing Imax 2. He says he will today and I think he just might really do it cuz he is getting more motivated. I have been packing his lunches and his weight is really going down, down, down! He has lost about 12 pounds now and I can no longer see his belly sticking out. I motivated him and told him that if he did Imax 2, he would burn approx. 500 calories. Now, maybe I exaggerated a bit, but maybe not...would be close to it so he said he wants to do it now!!!!
Anyhow, that is good your hubby is pushing you to lift more. Stay rested, keep eating lots of good healthy food and think "hardcore"...nothing else will do.

Charlotte~~

This week I'm going to work one body part a day and add about 20-30 minutes of cardio in each day. I don't usually care to workout like this, but its something different. I'm also putting a new twist on the Pyramids this week which is what I'm using this week.

This morning I worked my chest. I started out with the 72 pushups from Gym Style on my toes. I rested less than I usually do, I almost kept up with Cathe but had to rest a few seconds longer than she did on a few of the breaks.

Then I did Pyramid Chest using 20/25/30 and after doing the pushups, this was really hard. As a matter of fact, with the 30's I did all the flies but only did 4 reps of the press. I still worked down with the 25's and 20's but took longer breaks between. Then I did the same thing but on an incline and I used 15/20/25 for this. My chest was burning big time!

Then I did Low Max sections #1-#4 and was sweating like crazy! I mean, dripping. It was weird. Its cooler here today but I can still feel the humidity in the air and obviously my body felt it as well. But it felt great! I was in my zone for 36 minutes and burned 235 calories. I ate a Clif bar before I worked out and didn't have any dizzy spells.

I'll check in later. Hope you Maniacs are doing well!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Debbie -

I just PM'd you. I'm trying to find your Get Ready for Summer Rotation but I can't find it. Do you have it? I just found it.....did a search. What other ones have you posted besides the Circuit one? Which ones are the best for fat loss and definition?

Charlotte - I just got the CD's..........Geez ....you didn't need to send that many!!! I know what you mean about getting stuck with BuckCherry. I did the same thing. I'd rather you listen to the other stuff I burned for you before I burn anything else though. I want to make sure you like it...cuz you were so/so on the Blood Sugar one so far.

I've gotta run. We're going to the movies........I'll be back later.

Charlotte,

Hey! Thanks for the encouagement! I would love to have a smith machine and so would my hubby! Great job for you getting your hubby motivated, that's great!!! I believe you're very close on the calories with IMAX 2 that's a toughie! Tell him to hold on. He's already lost 12 lbs...wow, good for him! Keep going strong! I will remember hardcore all the way...it's not too hard to do with all the encoragement from everyone I'm getting here! :)

Have a great weekend!

Hello Everyone!!

I FINISHED!!! I honestly didn't feel this run for some reason and I was a little worried.

I had two goals...one was to do better than my time last year (1:55) and the second was to do 1:50 or better. Well...I did 1:52. So I guess we all know what I'm shootin for next time.

Just to let you guys know, this is a really hard run. It's considered a significantly hilly course. Not to mention that it was REALLY hot and muggy. Here's the page that explains the course:

http://www.hospitalhillrun.com/TheRace/courses.asp#halfmarathon

Quite honestly I would have been happy to finish no matter what my time was!

Again...thank you all for your support...it means more than you know.

At times I considered not doing it, but you guys believing in me and pushing me made me re-consider. You guys are the best!!

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend...blessings to you all!!

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Hey, hey Marietta!!!! Way to go!!! That course sounds grueling. You did it!!!! How awesome and an awesome time!

I signed on just now just to check on you!! We just got back from the baseball fields.

Hi to the rest of you maniacs!

No workout yet (had to be at the fields early), but I do plan on doing S&H shoulders, abs, and cardio.

Debbie ~ Let me know how that plan works for you. I've often thought to try that approach out as well.

Lora ~ dh and I saw the Break Up last night. It was LOL funny! :7 Jennifer Aniston looked so thin though.

Terri ~ I'm waiting for my e-mail! ;-) :p

I survived all the kids yesterday. We had fun park hopping yesterday. That kept them busy. Unfortunately, I didn't eat so well yesterday and my stomach thanked me for it. :-( I've come to the realization that I just can't eat ice cream anymore. I don't even eat it all that much, but when I do.....:( :( :( :(

I'll try and check back after my workout, but we're supposed to go to my bil's house.

WOO HOO Marietta!!!!!! :7 :7 :7 :7

Dallas:)

Marietta - excellent run and great time! I'm in awe of anyone who can run, my body was never made for running. I can run about a minute and then get stitches in my side. I hate that.

Dalla - I'll let you know if I like this type of rotation. I like the thought of lifting every day, but I always feel like I should be doing more.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.