formula/powder

Hello! When my kids were babies, I breastfed AND used formula. I used the powdered kind. I got Costco brand, and it was fine. Both of my children had no trouble switching back and forth. It makes is SO much easier when someone else can help with feeding. It worked for us.
Hope this helps!
-Jen

Hello,

I started doing the same thing Jen does, it was getting way to overwhelming for me. I have five other children that constantly need to be taking to soccer practice, games, appointments and so on. Now I'm trying to decide if I should switch to store brand formula. Enfemil is killing my budget!

I've used a few different kinds with my kids.
Similac, Enfamil (regular and fussy) and Target.

Powder is defintely cheaper overall than ready to feeds, especially when they start taking several ounces at a time.

But I've used both - at the same time - when a ready to feed was low, I'd add water and a scoop of powder, etc... I've also supplemented breast milk with formula in the same bottle. Really, whatever your little one will tolerate is just fine.

If you're looking at formula, start with low cost stuff first. $12 for a can of Target's brand hurts a lot less than $34 for a can of Enfamil! And the ingredients are identical, it's federally regulated. It's just the texture that's a bit different.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.