Dynaband snapped again, and again and again!!!

amazondotmom

Cathlete
Ok I've gone through 3 Dynabands over the last 2 years! Is there a better product!:( I would purchase something that is more expensive if it doesn't tear and break. I have to order two more because nobody sells the 6ft bands and I need to have a back-up. Help, any suggestions!

Hi

I use Thera bands. You can find them on Amazon as well as other online stores. I have a Dyna band and in comparison, Thera bands are a little stronger than Dyna bands, in my opinion.

Penny

>Hi
>
>I use Thera bands. You can find them on Amazon as well as
>other online stores. I have a Dyna band and in comparison,
>Thera bands are a little stronger than Dyna bands, in my
>opinion.

I agree.
You can also get Thera bands at www.fwonline.com .
They specifically state that they don't have to be powdered (with talc) to prolong their life (the way Dynabands are supposed to be). And they are non-latex (at least the ones I get).

You can also get bands in rolls, so you can cut your own length. They are a bit less expensive/foot that way.

I use TheraBands too, and haven't had any trouble with them. I ordered mine from Amazon. They have packages in different lengths resistance - for example you can get bags of three different tension-bands in Heavy, Medium or Light.

>Is the green Theraband about the same tension as the green
>Dynaband?
>

The colors/tensions don't correspond. The "medium" tension Theraband is grey, I think? Go by the tension (light, medium, etc.) rather than color ( the green Dynaband is "medium").

anothe option- The purple dynabands are thicker and last much longer. They are more resistance so work you a bit harder.

Another thought:
Instead of getting the green/medium Dynaband, get a heavier resistance. It will be thicker, and perhaps sturdier because of that, and you can get a comparable resistance out of it by setting up your exercises so you don't stretch it as far as the green one (same amount of resistance for less stretch = less wear-and-tear on the band?)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.