Dumbelles vs. dumbbell handles?

bayerngirl

Cathlete
I have all my dumbbells (except one 10 lb. DB) in Germany! I have been working out with my Bowflex and 65 lb. sm barbell for the last few weeks! I don't like working out on the Bowflex! I have a 300 lb barbell in Germany! Not that I ever lift that much! LOL! I also have 2 sets of 3s, 5s, 10s, 15 and a set of 20, 25, 30 lb. dumbells in Germany! I never looked into bumbbell handles! My question, do you think that the db handles are good as good as reg. dumbbells? Or do you think I should buy more reg. dumbbells? I am not sure how long I will be staying in the US? I need help!

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice ???

Thanks!
Belinda

P.S. Saturday I bought the weight bench form Wal Mart!D :D

http://www.target.com/Reebok-Dumbbe...iginal-keywords=dumbellls&rh=k:dumbell&page=1
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hello Belinda,

Do you have the weights plates to go on the handles? I have the same thing and I find that when put together they can be too long - I have small hands. They clunk together for me when I try to bent over dumbbells rows like in GS BSB, and when I do lying dumbbell bench press & flies.

Do you want to buy these to use with Cathe's workouts? If so, again, I find changing the weights for each exercise takes too long. I have them and I can adjust them up to 15lbs, but I don't like using them, so I am buying a new set of heavy dumbbells.

Having said that, they can be useful for one arm row and I do use them because I have no alternatives right now.

I haven't helped you much have I?

Yen

I have a pair of handles I use, usually to make a 13 lb. dumbbell. I find some exercises awkward to do with these. If the weight points downard, (like in a hammer curl), the weight of the plate, just feels unbalanced to me. This doesn't happen when I use regular dumbbells. I much prefer regular dumbbells, but they can get pretty expensive, so the handles are a cheaper option :)

>Hello Belinda,
>
>Do you have the weights plates to go on the handles? I have
>the same thing and I find that when put together they can be
>too long - I have small hands. They clunk together for me when
>I try to bent over dumbbells rows like in GS BSB, and when I
>do lying dumbbell bench press & flies.
>
>Do you want to buy these to use with Cathe's workouts? If so,
>again, I find changing the weights for each exercise takes too
>long. I have them and I can adjust them up to 15lbs, but I
>don't like using them, so I am buying a new set of heavy
>dumbbells.
>
>Having said that, they can be useful for one arm row and I do
>use them because I have no alternatives right now.
>
>I haven't helped you much have I?
>
>Yen

Hallo Yen,

Yes, I do have weight plates to go on the handles! Last night I bought some handles from Target for $16! I thought about buying more weights, but they are too expensive! I can’t find any good deals right now! I did buy them to use with Cathe’s workouts! I used the handles this morning doing GS BSB, I do agree it takes to long to change! I don’t know if I should keep them or return them? DB are not cheap!

Thanks for your help!
Belinda

>I have a pair of handles I use, usually to make a 13 lb.
>dumbbell. I find some exercises awkward to do with these. If
>the weight points downard, (like in a hammer curl), the weight
>of the plate, just feels unbalanced to me. This doesn't
>happen when I use regular dumbbells. I much prefer regular
>dumbbells, but they can get pretty expensive, so the handles
>are a cheaper option :)

Hallo Iris,

Using the handles was a little awkward with the GS hammer curls this morning! I also prefer regular dumbbells over those handles! I bought a new barbell with clips in Germany, because my old bb had spin-lock fasteners which I hated!Put the handles are a much cheaper option and a pain in my neck! Awwwww.... I am not sure if I will keep those handles!

Thans for your help!
Belinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.