Chicago Road Trip App

SNM Videos

Administrator
We've developed a special road trip App and Mobile site that we will be sending to all those attending the Chicago Road trip 2012 early next week. This App will have all the information you will need concerning the Chicago Road trip, and Includes:

1. Who's Attending and up to the minute updates (we're using Facebook for this)
2. Schedule of Events
3. Stuff we're selling at the event - You can order in advance or while your at the show right from your smartphone. This will save a lot of time. If you're looking to purchase something heavy like a step, make sure to order in advance.
4.Grand Geneva phone numbers, Maps, Shops and Restaurants
5. Off-Site Dining - Maps, Directions and Restaurants
6. Travel - Maps and directions on getting to the event or traveling to places close by.
7.Food Menus for Friday and Saturday dinners

We would like everyone who is attending to go our Facebook Chicago event page at Chicago 2012 Cathe Road Trip | Facebook and do the following.

To become a part of the Chicago 2012 Cathe Road Trip event in Facebook, simply click the "Join" button at the top of the page. This will allow you to see everything, make posts and comments, and receive notifications about updates to the page. It will also set your status as "Going" so that you appear on the list of Guests. You can access the list of Guests by clicking on the "Going" link below the Event Details. Through here, you can send private messages and see the pages of other attendees (if they have permitted this in their privacy settings).

Not a Facebooker

Is it possible to get this information through this forum or email? I am not on Facebook (and do not want to join) and I have a stupid phone.
Thanks so much, Sue

You will be able to use the mobile site on any computer, but the App has the advantage of always being with you. As for "Who's attending" this part of the app can only be viewed on facebook.

sadly, no app for me

I know my husband will download the app on his phone for me, but don't think I can carry him in my pocket and I KNOW he won't leave me in possession of his phone. Guess I'll just have to look lost in the lobby and hope someone takes pity on me and tells me where I need to be.

No Facebook for me either......

....But I do have my Iphone so as long as the app gives me the info I'll be happy.

Cathy

I know my husband will download the app on his phone for me, but don't think I can carry him in my pocket and I KNOW he won't leave me in possession of his phone. Guess I'll just have to look lost in the lobby and hope someone takes pity on me and tells me where I need to be.

I'll be on the look out for you, Mona. I have an old skool dumb phone, but I have an iTouch. I'm assuming I can wi-fi at this hotel. If not, I'll look lost in the lobby, too. :p

The Chicago Road trip App should be ready today or tomorrow. The App is really just an html5 mobile website that will work on just about any smartphone. You can also access the app on your computer, iPad or tablet. We're just doing some last minute tweaks and testing to the Mobile Shopping Cart for the App this morning and should be done shortly.

Im not sure what it's for with only a week to go ?

The Chicago Road trip App contains almost everything you could possibly need or want to know about the road trip. This includes schedules, menus, important phone numbers, directions to local restaurants and shops, shuttles, who's coming and up to the minute updates. This way we can send a message to everyone during breaks if something changes or if we just want to get together for something extra.

We've also included a shopping cart in the app with special road trip items and prices. This will allow you to order in advance if you want to make sure we bring the item you want. You can also use your smartphone to purchase items while at the event. This has the advantage of speeding everything up so you wont have to wait in line plus you can easily view and see all of the items and prices of the everything we bring.

Got the app notification email. However, when I open the email on my iPhone, the whole link is not blue-----so when I tap it, the internet can't find it.

Does anyone know how to copy it without it trying to go online automatically? I hope this makes senses. I've only had my iPhone for a few weeks and am not an expert yet.

ETA: I figured out how to copy and paste the whole thing and google on my phone says it can't find it. I think I give up. I don't think it's something I NEED. I don't have any more time to spend on this. :( I did look at it on the computer and it's very cool.

Last edited:
Pedmom said:
Got the app notification email. However, when I open the email on my iPhone, the whole link is not blue-----so when I tap it, the internet can't find it.

Does anyone know how to copy it without it trying to go online automatically? I hope this makes senses. I've only had my iPhone for a few weeks and am not an expert yet.

ETA: I figured out how to copy and paste the whole thing and google on my phone says it can't find it. I think I give up. I don't think it's something I NEED. I don't have any more time to spend on this. :( I did look at it on the computer and it's very cool.

Pedmom -

Oh no...Not sure why this won't work for you. I just opened the email on my iPhone clicked on "tap this link" which was highlighted in orange (not blue)...it opened up safari, and I then clicked the box in the middle of the toolbar at the bottom (it looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it to the right). I then could select the option to "add to home screen". Now I have a Cathe roadtrip icon...cool! I'm not sure if this will help you, but I hope so!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.