50 and over 3/5/07

Josie

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Where are you? Today I will be going to my Boot Camp class.
I had a good weekend. I walked a 5k with my friend Jeannie,
she has lung cancer and is a though lady, she keeps going
as much a she can. She has done over 40 marathons and I believe
that she still has a few more left in her.

Ladies, Don't give up, start up again today.

Josie

Hi Josie!

I haven't given up, I have been very sick and didn't do one workout last week. Will do a 2.5 walk tonight with hubby. Of course my eating just sucked this past weekend and last week since I needed all that comfort food!

Tina

Hi Tina and Josie,

Today I did Low Impact Circut. Food so so.

I'm going to do Cathe's March intermediate rotation starting today.

I'll get back to running in April and start over with the beginners.:)

Tina, sorry you were sick. It's hard to be patient and let yourself heal.
Josie, your friend reminds me of how fragile life is. She has a good friend in you.

Colleen

Hi Josie, Tina and Colleen:
I'm going to try to post more regularly.
Tina Get well soon!Eat your chicken noodle soup : )
Josie: I'll pray for your friend tonight.
Colleen:I'd love to be able to run. About 2years ago I tried walk/jog and my shins were killing me after.
Today I did Lowmax and triceps from pure strength.Waterskiing season is coming and I live in a bathingsuit. I gotta get in shape.~Linny~

Linny, Josie, Tina, Coleen
HI all sorry i have been AWOL
My children and their children and my daughters mother in law came to visit on Wed, We spent 2 days in Disney, then found out that my mother passed away. So between working, phone calls, children and grandchildren, food all over the house and no privacy or space to exersize, I guess i have just fallen way off many wagons.
I leave on Thursday to go to Upstate NY for a mass and memorial luncheon, and to meet my newest granddaughter also.
When I come home, I promise to get back on track, eating and exersize and check in every day..

You all can be my inspiration

Mariah,

I'm sorry to hear about your Mother's death.

Don't worry about anything but taking care of yourself and your loved ones.

We'll be here when you get "back".

Colleen

Hi Mariah, Collene, Linny and Tina.

Glad to see you back. Today will be spinning at lunch and PUB this evening.

Mariah, sorry to hear about your Mom, take care.

Linny, Than you for your prayers, it always helps.

Josie

Hi All: I'm bumming. I wrote posted this morning and it looks like it got lost in space.
Well try again.
Mariah: So sorry to hear of your loss.(Hugs)Take care of yourself.
Josie: Boy i haven't done spinning in forever.My husband bought me a bike but I get bored easily with it. I think I need to be in a class.
Colleen:My food choices have not been very good lately. Then the darn Girl Scout cookies came in.EEEEKKK!
Waving HI! to you Tina.~Linny~

Hi Ladies,

Tonight is my boot camp class. I did not get to do my workouts yesterday and I feel like a slug today. I'm going through peri-menopuse and I have not had a period in the last 2.5 months, but today I have all of the symptoms of a period. I hate this!

I hope that everyone else is doing well today.

Josie

Hi Ladies:

Feeling much better! Walked 2.5 miles with Hubby on Monday but Tuesday night was our election night and I worked here at City Hall until 11:00 and today I am so tired! And when I am tired I eat!

Linny: I know about those cookies, there are about 8 boxes on my kitchen counter screaming at me everytime I walk into the room.

Josie: I went into menopause at 39 and it sucked! I am now on Hormones and have been for the past 10 years and would never give them up!

Colleen: I am trying to add running to my walks and am excited the daylight savings is coming up this weekend. I can now go home after work and run/walk without having someone go with me.

Mariah: I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Take care of yourself at the time, and concentrate on your family.

Don't know if I will do any workout tonight, I am so tired, but I did have a piece of pizza for breakfast and McDonald's for lunch. Yea baby!

Tina

Tina, I had a baby at 43 and full menopause at 44.

Breastfeeding sleepless nights, night sweats sleepless nights.

I take natural hrt and won't leave home without it!

Nite

Colleen

Colleen: Wasn't it weird trying to figure out what was happening with your body? I had my last baby at 37 and thought I was going through delay whatever and my doctor said that I was not pre but full menopause.

Didn't do any workouts last night because I was so sleepy but did have two pieces of pizza for dinner and went to bed early and today feel great! Will walk tonight and will start up my walk/running this Fri., Sat. and Sun. That is my weekend routine for this weekend. Today is my Friday so everyone have a great weekend! Will check back on Monday.

Tina

Tina, I finally found an OB/GYN who told me what happed to me hormone wise. Basically they never came back after the (long story) delivery.

Today was Low Impact Step. Nice and easy. Cathe had it in her Feb. intermediate rotaion.

Tomorrow PUB.

I'll start my walk/runs next week. Hey the weather has warmed up to 30 something! Yea.

I need to do a South Beach or something drastic.

Colleen

Good Morning Ladies,

Today I will do my spinning at lunch and PUB at home.
I feel much better today, my daughter started her period
so, I guess it was just sympathy symptoms on my part.

I'm so glad the time is changing this weekend. Can't wait!

Josie

Hi Ladies: Boy I feel like an old lady. Are you all under 50? I just turned 50 in November and I'm still having a period every @#*! month.
Menopause Where Art Thou?
I did LIC today and shoulders. I have to be careful with shoulders mine grow quickly.
Hope u all have a great night.~Linny~

Linny,
I turn 54 in August. M hit me like a mack truck at 44.

My Mom still had her period untill her 70's. My sisters in their 50's are just hitting perimemopause.

It wasn't normal for my family for me to be so early but I had been on powerful drugs for psoriatic arthritis (age 39) until age 42.

Yep. Baby at 43 meno at 44. Arthritis again. I'm on Enbrel. Thank Goodness.

That's why I work out so much. I have to stay healthy to raise DS at least until collage!

So yup. I'm older.

Colleen

Good Morning Ladies,

Today is my day off. I will be running 3 miles before I meet with my friend and walk with her 3 miles. On Sunday I plan to run 5 miles and do my ME tape. Linny, I just turned 50 last August.

Have a great weekend!

Josie

Hi Josie,Colleen,Tina and Mariah: Its so nice to hear that someone is older here: ). I guess I'm a late bloomer in the menopause dept.
I'm just tired of the worry of pregnancy.
Today I did body max 2 and some Butts and Gutts.
I'm On Call this weekend so not sure if I'll be able to check in but I'll try. I hope you all have a great weekend~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.