10 weeks and still SO TIRED!

Hi everyone,
I have been a Cathe fan for about 8 years, but I mostly lurk on the forums. :) I am currently pregnant with my second child, and SO tired still! I know its normal to be tired in the first trimester, but I am earnestly trying to workout and I just get so pooped! Like I need to take a major nap shortly after the workout.
I have already gone from 105 pounds to 111 pounds, ... which I don't mine so much, but I just wish I could get back into the excercise. I am worried that I have already lost so much muscle and cardio fitness because I haven't really done much at all the past 2.5 months.
Well I am just looking to vent :) and see if anyone else out there has had a similar experience with not being able to workout the first trimester. luckily I know the second trimester is near so hopefully I can get back to doing something very soon.
Christina

Congratulations

Congratulations!
My baby is now 21, you won't believe how fast it goes by. I don't know what part of the country you live in or how much your able to get outside, but feeling tired is also a symptom of a vitamin D deficiency. You might feel better if you can simply go for a 15 min. walk every day, and take a supplement. The fresh air might be just what you need right now. Don't be discouraged, this is a very special time, relax and enjoy it.

Congrats! It's normal to feel that way. You're body is adjusting to the pregnancy and you have many changes going on. Listen to your body. Like the other poster recommended, going for short walks will get you some fresh air and sunshine. When your body is ready for more, you'll know it.
I am currently pregnant with my 3rd (26.5 weeks now). All I had time and energy for tonight was a short Slim in 6 workout, and I was even burning from that:(. Keep us posted!
-Jen

thank you Petunia and Jen. You are right, I need to just embrace this and relax a bit. I am going to go easy on myself for the next couple of weeks and see if I get my energy back.
and congrats Jen on your 3rd! :)

Hi Christina,

Yeah, that fatigue just really wears you down, doesn't it? I've always felt it a little bit into the second trimester, and then I'm suddenly better. For my last three pregnancies I gained about 10 pounds the first trimester :(, but last time I worked real hard in the second trimester and kept it pretty stable.

We'll see what happens this time (fourth time around, just 5 weeks prego).

Hang in there! In a few weeks you'll remember how GREAT that middle trimester can be!

Anna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.