Posting pictures here

fox2star

Cathlete
Anyone having problems posting pictures here? The first time I did it it made it a thumbnail pic, but now I just keep getting an error message that the file is too large. Any help would be appreciated!

Anyone having problems posting pictures here? The first time I did it it made it a thumbnail pic, but now I just keep getting an error message that the file is too large. Any help would be appreciated!

The maximum file size we allow for a picture is about 1 meg so as not to slow down our server. The error message means you need to reduce the file size of your picture. Pictures that you post here really should be less than 100k. The pictures you will see us post for the Behind the Scenes for Ripped With HiiT are pretty big, but still less than 100k.

The reason your picture probably showed as a thumbnail is you selected the thumbnail button. If you want the full picture to show you have to select the "Full Image" button.

Well, they answered your question before I could. And it was when she was 9 weeks old, she's an Australian shepherd. So is my avatar, but she is the dog I just put down about 2 months ago, she was just over 14 yrs old.

so do you use the "upload a file" button below? I don't get a choice for any size, it just takes me to my browser where I can select a picture from my hard drive. No where to edit size etc.

so do you use the "upload a file" button below? I don't get a choice for any size, it just takes me to my browser where I can select a picture from my hard drive. No where to edit size etc.
When it took my to my browser, I clicked on the pic and clicked open. Then it takes you back here and then you have a choice, that's when you click on full size. I hope I'm explaining this right.

Is he laying in a frying pan?? SO CUTE!! I love dogs.
Yes! When we first got him, it was his favourite place to sleep!!! He's a bit big now (16 weeks), but still hilarious.
I adore dogs too - can't imaging having to live without one (at least!). I have 2 at the moment - I've had up to 4, though!

Do you just have your new pup? What's her name?

It doesn't do that for me....it takes a while to upload the pic, actually shows a little % complete bar, then gives me the error message that the file is too big for the server. so annoying.

It doesn't do that for me....it takes a while to upload the pic, actually shows a little % complete bar, then gives me the error message that the file is too big for the server. so annoying.
Is the picture you're trying to upload a jpeg file?

weird - they're usually smaller files than bmp ones - usually small enough to post.
Anyway - open your picture and right click on it - you should have an option to resize. Fewer pixels = lower resolution = smaller file size. You can then save the image (with a new name, so that you don't overwrite the high resolution image). The try uploading the new, lower res image.
Someone with more computer know-how may have a much better solution, though.....

It does not give me any opportunity to resize the picture when I right-click on it. I don't think there has been any real enhancement here to upload pictures. I used to use picturetrail.com and I guess I will still have to do that. Very annoying.

Yes! When we first got him, it was his favourite place to sleep!!! He's a bit big now (16 weeks), but still hilarious.
I adore dogs too - can't imaging having to live without one (at least!). I have 2 at the moment - I've had up to 4, though!

Do you just have your new pup? What's her name?
Her name is Sonni and she isn't a pup anymore,she's 9 yrs old. I have another one and her name is bettyboop,she's 7 yrs old. I think I'll be staying with 2 for now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.