Skulls are everywhere!

LauraMax

Cathlete
What is with the skulls? Is this some new fashion statement or is it b/c Halloween is coming? I see them on shirts, jeans, headbands, socks, purses, etc. etc.

At the risk of sounding like a cranky old lady, what are kids today thinking? Is this supposed to look pretty? :confused:

I think it must be some new trend for this year. When I bought my kids' school supplies there were skulls on all kinds of things - folders, notebooks, etc. They aren't "yucky" skulls i.e. they have hearts, etc. but still!!

Carrie

We were recently invited to a baby shower and looked at the baby registry and there was a toddler t-shirt with skulls and crosses on it! It was at Target. I just checked and those shirts are gone, but they have pacifiers and diaper bags with skulls on them! I don't get it either.

Erica

I know, . .what is up with that. My kids are sorta freaked out about it. I guess if you have a kids who is into pirates it's okay but my kids are major chicken poo poo about Halloween and dead things.

Actually, I own a Roberto Coin diamond skull pendant.

My husband bought it for me last Christmas. He had to special order it.
In my defense, I LOVE Halloween. I work on my display all year. Building props and planning I'm sort of known for my elaborate tricks and treats

This is going to be my main attraction this year. I'm doing the 2007 version.
http://www.hallowindow.com/

Last edited:
Yeah, you're turning into a cranky old lady. I bet your parents said the EXACT same thing about whatever was prevalent and "fashionable" when you were a tween/teen. ;)

It's some sort of retro-goth-emo-vampire thing. True story.

Ever since my fiancee was blown up in Iraq, he has this obsession with skulls on everything - hats, tshirts, shoes, you name it. Although I have to say I think the girly skulls with ribbons and hearts are adorable! Cynthia, I am sooo jealous! SUPER cute!

Thanks Nicole!
I LOVE my diamond skull. I love the fact that my husband went to so much trouble to find this pendant for me.

Cynthia, I'm going to have to come candy begging at your hosue this year!!! I LOVE Halloween too. Its right up there with Christmas for me.

LauraMax, my pup dog has a black bandana with white skull heads on it! I'm actually kinda ashamed of myself that I turned him into a bandanna dog, but its cute.

Nan

Cynthia - That Halloween window show looks awesome! I liked it so much that I sent it to my husband to look at. He lives for Halloween. Right after Halloween he starts making plans for the following year. He sews all of the costumes for the family and himself.

My 6 yo DS is into skulls. However, he has always been into pirates and Indiana Jones. I don't mind it, but I would feel differently if he branched out into blood and gore.

Kristi,

The artist of that display is creating dvd's for sale ready by the end of Sept.

Your husband can find more @ halloweenforum.com
Here is a picture of the set up.
hw-setup.jpg

Laura, I was just thinking this today!!! How weird. I was at Barnes & Noble and there was a bunch of stuff that looked like it was for back to school with skulls. It looked like feminine stuff and the background was kind of pretty, but there were tons of these skulls. I personally don't get it either. I don't think you are offending anyone. I think it's a valid question. My issue with it was that it was targeted toward kids (or young teens). It struck me as odd I guess. Of course people have their own likes and dislikes. I'm glad you brought this up though 'cause I really was thinking this today.

--Jennifer :)

Laura -- no offense taken. I think it's creepy too. And curious, since most people who wear that stuff would freak out if they came into contact with a real dead body.

Laura -- no offense taken. I think it's creepy too. And curious, since most people who wear that stuff would freak out if they came into contact with a real dead body.

What does this have to do with a real dead body? We all have skulls. I've seen mine in xrays and never freaked out. I've stood in front of loved ones who have passed away. What is creepy about that?

NOW I'm offended.

Hey Cynthia, . . . love the pins, . . thought they were earrings. Actually love it when houses go all out with the Halloween decor. I love decorating for Halloween and Christmas. My kids are just pretty young so they get freaked out when they see the really decorated houses. Are you starting early to decorate for Halloween?

Skulls...

I found the cutest t-shirts at Halloween for my dd's last year. They were black w/ a pink skull that had a tiara on it!! It was hilarious and every time my dd's wore them someone complimented them. They loved them! But normally... I don't buy skull things.

Oh, I just found the perfect pic from last fall. My littlest dd wearing her skull t-shirt and they were sitting on my hubby's camo truck! (I do love the pink camo stuff though!)

Attachments

• Girls- camo truck.jpg
    Girls- camo truck.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 12
Jane,

The picture I posted was earrings. I couldn't find a photo of the pendant. The pendant was very hard to find. Saks told him that it sold out within days.

No, I don't decorate early. I spend the year planning my display. I build my own props and I use a lot of electronics. I spent the year programing talking skeletons that interact with each other. I have them sitting in chairs outside, telling each other the worst knock knock jokes you'll every want to hear!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.