Xers ~~~ Tuesday ~~~

teddy16410

Cathlete
Will be doing that new Kickbox that arrived over the weekend! Kickbox Bootcamp with Keli Roberts. Its five 10min segments so even if I dont like it I know that I only gotta get thru a few minutes til it changes! }( I previewed yesterday.. We shall see.
LIC weights yesterday has left me a noodle-ishy today... good workout!

Lots of errands today so shall return with last night personals in a bit.

Happy Happy Day to all!
:)

Morning Xers,

Today is SH Legs/Ab Ripper X/Yoga. I have a Sara Ivanhoe (I think it's called) Target Yoga Zone. Anyway it has six different Yoga workouts on it. Says they are around 20 min long. But the run time on the DVD says 155 min. So either she is chatting a lot before the workout or some are longer than 20 min. Anyway I'm going to be trying one of these workouts today.

SH Back and Biceps went well last night, and I found I could lift as heavy or heavier than Cathe could. :D I love progress!

Barry's Bootcamp cardio Shoulders and Back was actually a very good workout. Here are the different drills and then you repeat the whole sequence.

Running in place
Jumping Jacks
High Knees
Jumping Rope (all Jumping is done as if you where jumping rope)
Jump Forward and Back
Jump Right / Left
Jump Forward-Middle/Right-Middle/Back-Middle/Left-Middle
Jump on Right Foot
Jump on Left Foot
Alternate Jump from left to right
High Jump (This is feet shoulder width apart and then you jump as high as you can, land on your feet)
Squat for 30 seconds
Knee Repeaters (I think that I must have done about 100 of these on each side)

The whole cardio routine lasts 20 min. There are no breaks from running in place to the High Jump. By the time you are done with the jumping rope sequence your calf muscles are on fire. }( This was taught by Joey (I'm pretty sure that was his name.) Good looking guy, the only problem was with the volume. Sometimes his voice faded out and you couldn't hear him. The drills reminded me of PlyoX, but without the breaks. My heart rate was high through the whole routine. I'm still planning on trying the weight routines in the next couple of weeks also. Edited to add: The cardio had no real warm up or cool down. They also don't have stretching. For me this isn't a big deal, because I can do that on my own.

Traci, I like the Upper Body in the LIC alot. What did you think of the amount of leg workout in that one? Thought there should have been more. I have the 10 Min Sol Kickbox Bootcamp. I enjoyed that one. I think that between the different 10 min you could incorporate some jumping jacks like in KenpoX.

BBL, today I have more time.

Laurie

Good morning,

Today's workout was Imax2, one I haven't done in AGES! It was a lot of fun and I was pleasantly surprised at my endurance as I haven't done but maybe one Imax during the whole P90X time. Last night I did Ab Jam, which I like, and today after work will be an easy spin around our local loop (middle chainring only, that makes me keep it easy).

Laurie, how long does each segment of Barry's (high knees, jumping jacks, etc.) last? Are they 30 seconds or a minute or what? Sounds pretty intense. Way to go on the S&H weights. That's pretty awesome to show progress. Maybe I should have stayed with the heavy weights but am now doing Slim Series as I felt like I had plateaued again. We'll see how I'm doing in a couple of weeks.

Traci, how's the new kickboxing? 10 minutes, heck you can do anything for that long, huh? I still need to preview Tracey Staehle's step DVD that I bought.

BBL,

Jeanette

Jeanette, I'm going to say that each drill was between 30 and 60 seconds. It was hard to determine exactly how long. Most times he was counting out how many we where doing. I was trying to count, but failed on most of them. x( I didn't realize how spoiled I was with the time display in the P90X workouts.

Laurie

Good morning,

This morning I did Slow & Heavy Chest and Back. I made it a bit more exciting by inserting chin/pull ups between every chest exercise, and push up variations between every back exercise. I inserted them after the third set of each exercise, NOT between each set. This worked great. I have a thorough pump in the entire upper body. My weights for this workout were also higher than Cathe, and higher than they've ever been for me. Even her slow-count push ups and the planks at the end felt easy. I certainly can't complain that P90X didn't make a difference!

I also did the SH abs. I needed something quick, as I was running short on time.

DebraX - you're probably gone by now, but in case you read this later: have a great trip!!

TracyX - I'm still working on finding that fine line between listening to your body and overdoing it. Your plyo runs sound amazing. What sorts of plyo moves do you insert? I plan to start running on Sat or Sun mornings when the sidewalks are clear enough. I'd love to try some of your ideas. I managed to get out of the kitchen at 6pm last night, and not return until 8pm. I made the lunches in the early afternoon, and DH prepared and fed the kids their bedtime snacks. As a result, I didn't eat anything after dinner - at all! For an after dinner "treat" I made a peppermint tea, with a bit of sugar and milk, so it was creamy and sweet. It took me an hour to drink, and satisfied the sweet tooth well enough. I also put out a bowl of raw baby carrots to munch on while I prepared dinner. All in all, a successful nibble-less day! And for those 2 hours I was out of the kitchen, I actually worked on my thesis! So, it was a good day all around.

JeanetteX - Mmmmmmm, chai latte! I love those! I'm not surprised to hear you had fun with Imax2. It's a fun one! I love Cathe's pony-tails in that one. Isn't it great to see that you haven't "lost" any cardio stamina?

LaurieX - I look forward to hearing about the yoga. I'm always on the prowl for a good yoga video, especially ones that are on the shorter side.

TraciX - Well? How'd the new kickboxing workout feel? Are you back from those errands yet? We're waiiiiiiiting! :)

Tomorrow I was planning on doing SH Legs and 10-10-10, or Imax2 blast-only premix. Then I got to thinking that maybe I should do a lower-body/cardio circuit, like a KPC/LG premix, or the first hour of one of the BodyMaxes. Essentially, I want to get an advanced cardio workout combined with lower body weight work. Any suggestions? It needs to be 60-75 mins, maximum.

Have a great day,
Sandra

Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend

Top Check-ins & Challenges topic #43475

View in linear mode

Subject: "Xers ~~~ Tuesday ~~~" Previous topic | Next topic

teddy16410
Tue Mar-13-07 10:36 AM
Member since Mar 24th 2006
1924 posts

#43475, "Xers ~~~ Tuesday ~~~"

Will be doing that new Kickbox that arrived over the weekend! Kickbox Bootcamp with Keli Roberts. Its five 10min segments so even if I dont like it I know that I only gotta get thru a few minutes til it changes! I previewed yesterday.. We shall see.
LIC weights yesterday has left me a noodle-ishy today... good workout!

Lots of errands today so shall return with last night personals in a bit.

Happy Happy Day to all!

Traci-X
X Grad Feb 2, 2007!

"Is it hard? Its suppose to be hard!" ````````````````T. Horton

IP
Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

lvnascar
Tue Mar-13-07 12:56 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
975 posts

#43508, "RE: Xers ~~~ Tuesday ~~~"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Mar-13-07 01:00 PM by lvnascar

Morning Xers,

Today is SH Legs/Ab Ripper X/Yoga. I have a Sara Ivanhoe (I think it's called) Target Yoga Zone. Anyway it has six different Yoga workouts on it. Says they are around 20 min long. But the run time on the DVD says 155 min. So either she is chatting a lot before the workout or some are longer than 20 min. Anyway I'm going to be trying one of these workouts today.

SH Back and Biceps went well last night, and I found I could lift as heavy or heavier than Cathe could. I love progress!

Barry's Bootcamp cardio Shoulders and Back was actually a very good workout. Here are the different drills and then you repeat the whole sequence.

Running in place
Jumping Jacks
High Knees
Jumping Rope (all Jumping is done as if you where jumping rope)
Jump Forward and Back
Jump Right / Left
Jump Forward-Middle/Right-Middle/Back-Middle/Left-Middle
Jump on Right Foot
Jump on Left Foot
Alternate Jump from left to right
High Jump (This is feet shoulder width apart and then you jump as high as you can, land on your feet)
Squat for 30 seconds
Knee Repeaters (I think that I must have done about 100 of these on each side)

The whole cardio routine lasts 20 min. There are no breaks from running in place to the High Jump. By the time you are done with the jumping rope sequence your calf muscles are on fire. This was taught by Joey (I'm pretty sure that was his name.) Good looking guy, the only problem was with the volume. Sometimes his voice faded out and you couldn't hear him. The drills reminded me of PlyoX, but without the breaks. My heart rate was high through the whole routine. I'm still planning on trying the weight routines in the next couple of weeks also. Edited to add: The cardio had no real warm up or cool down. They also don't have stretching. For me this isn't a big deal, because I can do that on my own.

Traci, I like the Upper Body in the LIC alot. What did you think of the amount of leg workout in that one? Thought there should have been more. I have the 10 Min Sol Kickbox Bootcamp. I enjoyed that one. I think that between the different 10 min you could incorporate some jumping jacks like in KenpoX.

BBL, today I have more time.

Laurie

IP

Netta
Tue Mar-13-07 01:23 PM
Member since Feb 07th 2005
1582 posts

#43524, "RE: Xers ~~~ Tuesday ~~~"
In response to Reply # 1

Good morning,

Today's workout was Imax2, one I haven't done in AGES! It was a lot of fun and I was pleasantly surprised at my endurance as I haven't done but maybe one Imax during the whole P90X time. Last night I did Ab Jam, which I like, and today after work will be an easy spin around our local loop (middle chainring only, that makes me keep it easy).

Laurie, how long does each segment of Barry's (high knees, jumping jacks, etc.) last? Are they 30 seconds or a minute or what? Sounds pretty intense. Way to go on the S&H weights. That's pretty awesome to show progress. Maybe I should have stayed with the heavy weights but am now doing Slim Series as I felt like I had plateaued again. We'll see how I'm doing in a couple of weeks.

Traci, how's the new kickboxing? 10 minutes, heck you can do anything for that long, huh? I still need to preview Tracey Staehle's step DVD that I bought.

BBL,

Jeanette
http://www.picturetrail.com/nettavan

IP

lvnascar
Tue Mar-13-07 02:42 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
975 posts

#43546, "RE: Xers ~~~ Tuesday ~~~"
In response to Reply # 2

Jeanette, I'm going to say that each drill was between 30 and 60 seconds. It was hard to determine exactly how long. Most times he was counting out how many we where doing. I was trying to count, but failed on most of them. I didn't realize how spoiled I was with the time display in the P90X workouts.

Laurie

IP

Top Check-ins & Challenges topic #43475
Previous topic | Next topic

Hi all,

Sandra - You snuck in on me. I'll have to respond to your recent comment later!

Today is ch/sh/tri since I didn’t do that yesterday. Plus I’m going to get out arx for a while. I miss the mindlessness of not having to think about what ab routine to do, just do it!

I have not been feeling that good the last few days. I fell asleep last night before 8:30. I didn’t sleep well the two nights before that, so maybe that has something to do with my lethargy. I wish that ttom would just make an appearance. I’m sure it is partly a hormonal thing. Then I had to get a physical this am, fast until 8:45, which means no coffee, and that just about did me in. When you’ve been drinking java for years when you get up, it is quite a shock to go without it.

Has anyone noticed that OD isn’t as active as it used to be or is it my imagination?

Traci – I have not done LIC in its entirety yet. I just have no place in my rotation for that type of workout. I’m glad you enjoyed it. I think that it definitely targets an intermediate audience. Cathe is using a 20 lb barbell? I hope that you enjoy the new kickboxing. I’ll be waiting for a report. So did you ever get a final word from the Dr? Is it you and Lea for the next round of X? I think that I’ll just watch from afar, but it will be interesting to see what results you get and how it feels to do it again so soon. Remember the boredom factor at the end?

Sandra – I don’t know what you think I’m an expert at, but thanks for the compliment. I hope that you are able to use some of my suggestions for decreasing the kitchen time, and if not maybe they will help you to come up with some of your own that will work for you. I could never stay in the kitchen that long. When I am really on a good roll, I will get all of the non-perishable lunch stuff together on Sunday. That really makes the week easy. And no, I don’t like LIC any better. I don’t think that it is one of Cathe’s better attempts. I bought it though, so I try to fit it in, but it will definitely be for a day when I don’t want to exert much effort. Those types of routines don’t work for me anymore The plyo on the trail is probably the best thing that I have found so far. My HR stays up, I get the dogs walked, I’m outside, and it changes every time.

Laurie – Sounds like the plyo from B.Bootcamp is similar to what I do on my run except I’m always moving forward. Great job on the weights for S&H. I have gotten great results using that in the past.

Jeanette – Well, sounds like you are in full swing riding mode. Do you have a race coming up that you are working towards? Glad you enjoyed IMAX 2. Once I can start getting outside regularly for cardio it is so hard to go back in and do a step routine. It’s good cross training though.

Steph – I’m sure you are busy as usual. Isn’t it almost graduation day! Congratulations in advance.

Lea – I hope no more incidents and that you are on the upswing. What core did you do today? Can you do water walking in the pool or does that irritate the knee?

BBL,

Tracy

Hi guys. Yet another busy day, so just checking in. It was suppose to be in the 80's today, yeah right, more like the 90's. I can't wait to see what summer has in store.

No workout for me again today. The knee and elbow really hurt last night. I can't even bend my elbow to touch the back of my head without pain, so taking it easy yet again today. URGH!!! Maybe tomorrow.

Looks like everyone is doing well. I will try to get the shirts ordered very very soon. Sorry, but it has been hectic around this part of town.

Until later,
Lea

Hi gang-
Quiet day around here- we all must be very busy! Having to wait til my lite dinner digests to do my new kickbox workout at 6pm. The day was a blur… Dr follow-up (shes very happy with progress so far!), back & forth to compounding pharmacy, and all the regular “stuff” a girls gotta get done in a day!

LEA:: Are those temps related to all the fires out there? My goodness its Palm Springs temps already for you! I am so bummed about your elbow & knee! I really hope you get some medical help as it has been too long now. {{{{{lea’s body parts}}}}}} No sweat on the tanks girl… shoot I thinks its cool we’re getting them at all!

TRACY:: So sorry you are feeling out of sorts. A few poor nites sleeping will do it for sure. LOL on the coffee & fast… When I had to fast last month I chose to fast from food but had 3 cups of coffee… I fessed up and doc said that was no problem! I hear ya about LIC / Circuits not being the best for certain body types. I am learning a lot these days that my slow twitch muscles just don’t respond to the lighter weights I have to use in circuits. I will forever need to be a slower/heavier gal to get desired results. I had HSCh on the table for tomorrow but may have to swap out Push Pull and go at my own pace. I am really excited for April 1 to roll around and begin X again. I have enough variety in my library now that I think I can change up some cardio (I’ll be doing doubles) without making cardio very intense. I hope Lea will be better by then or I’ll be flying solo.

JEANETTE:: Yeah on endurance this morning! I’m sure all your riding helped in that area too. Hope your week is going well!

LAURIE: That 20 minutes of cardio looks very intense! I think I’d be hitting pause and taking “tony” breaks! I just ordered MTV Pilates Mix- sounds like it may be a core syn sub.. Will keep ya posted. I am committed to doing Yoga X my next go around but only tackling it in 30 minute intervals. Theres no way I will ever bring myself to do any yoga for 90 minutes so I figure a compromise will be better than nothing which is basically what I did the last round. Awesome SH progress! Way to go! I agree that LIC Sculpt lacks leg work – never thought I’d say that! For me Legs are all about Plyos now so I wasn’t too upset at all!! Lol Good thinking on adding JJ in on the new kickbox- I’ll be giving that a whirl shortly.

Sandra:: LOL on making SH more intense! Didn’t you know that its intense enough all on its own! LOL—oh I know- it was excitement you were looking for- REALLY- I could give a hundred ways other than MORE work to make it exciting! Like – sipping some coffee- GREAT JOB on PM snacking! You really go for it when you set your mind to a plan. Why not do SH Legs + Power Circuit so you get some plyo in there????

OK- Clocks a tickin & I got a workout to do.
Happy night to all.

Hi ladies...You guys are pretty quiet today!!! I guess you must be busy with life! I'm here in NC and my DD is having a great time with her Nana! It's my mom's 65th bday today...so I am glad that we are here...Of course I was too busy this morning to workout...I am hoping to get a couple of runs in with my cardio coach this week. It's supposed to be 85 degrees here tomorrow!!!!!!

No time for personals...just wanted to let you guys know I'm around and reading...

Tracy...I got your package in the mail today...just through regular US post...so it should be there by the end of the week or so...

Happy day to all!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Good evening ladies,

Busy day again at work for me but very good and challenging. I really needed to have to use my brain again. This job is great so far!

Came home from work and did a 16 mile bike ride at an easy spin. Wind was blowing so had a little resistance going away from home, but came home with a bit of tailwind. Love that. DH let our dogs run around out in the field and the dachshund came back smelling BAD! She rolled in something nasty. I just bathed her so all's well again.

Laurie, I did enjoy the time display with P90X. With Slim Series I can't figure out the time display or how long each segment is. Confusing to me.

Sandra, good workout with S&H today. You are one fit chick! Sounds like you are doing well with your eating. I've got to quit buying craisens as I can't stop eating those. I actually found out the calories the other day and then measured them. Way too many calories I'd been eating. I'm trying to do better there.

Tracy, darn those hormones. It's the pits not feeling well and not sleeping well. I totally understand about the fasting and no coffee. Had to do that a couple months ago. The nice lady that did the blood draws at her house also made coffee for me and drew blood first so I could have some coffee as soon as she was done. I had like 3 cups while sitting there watching her fill out the paperwork. I don't really have a race yet, but the flat time trials and hill climb competitions will begin in April. We'll have one of each every month through September. One of my goals is to get into the 35 minute mark for our 12 mile time trial course. It has 2 small hills on it and can be windy. I have a multitude of metrics and maybe some century rides coming up too, the first starts the end of April.

Lea, you are always so busy. Must drive you crazy with the bad body parts to deal with. I certainly hope you turn a corner soon and start healing up. I see on the Hardcore thread that one of the gals had a cortisone shot that is helping her feel much better. Think she had a bad elbow.

Traci, how was the kickboxing? I know you are done with dinner as it's 8:40 p.m. here in California. I hear what you are saying about not getting the results from light weight lifting. I'm going to give Slim Series a few weeks and see what transpires there, then back to heavy if need be. It may be that I just have to keep switching it up. Whatever the case, my cardio capacity and core strength is very good and has crossed over to my bike stuff, so that's a plus, though I'm not looking as lean as I was with the X. Sounds like you had a very busy day today.

See y'all in the a.m.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.