Xers...........Saturday

wkoutmom

Cathlete
Good morning. I would still be asleep if it wasn't for my dern cat scratching the walls. Well today I am going to do Shoulder and Arms and ARX. I will BBL for personals.

Lea

Hi all,

Today is cardio, legs, and pull/chin ups. I can't wait.

Lea - you are up early. It's only 8 here, it has to be early there.

BBL,

Tracy

CL/PH3/WEEK4/Day6: KenpoX

D'oh! SO close! If I'd gotten my butt out of bed at 5am like I'd planned, I would have actually been able to start the thread for once.

Last night I was able to move all my equipment back into the basement. DH has all the drywall up, and the rest of the work can be done around my stuff. This means I don't have to workout in the living room anymore, and therefore can do it when everyone's still sleeping. Yay. As hard as it is to get going some mornings, I really do prefer to get my workouts done first thing.

TracyX - I was going through my printouts of Cathe's monthly rotations last night, and came across May '05, which I thought you might find interesting. It's a one-body-part-a-day (which I know you just said you don't want to do anymore!), but it's all home made. She gives a list of exercises to do everyday. In the back section she even has wide grip pull ups! You might want to check this one out for some ideas. I personally like the looks of her April '05 strength rotation, which uses the SH series. I'm not ready to plunge into another prescribed rotation right now, just looking for ideas. Thank you for the meal ideas! I haven't made a white chili in a while, and do have a few good recipes. I made a beef chili last week and still have leftovers in the fridge, so I'll do the white chili next week maybe. Shiva's yoga is the first one I'm going to try after the X. So sad that I've had it for at least 6 months and haven't done it. And I need to start searching for the Bryan Kest yoga everyone likes. I have Baron Baptiste's Power Yoga levels 1,2 & 3, still wrapped up. I want to preview that some time soon. I'm still living the life where it's possible to be in pjs at 2pm - even though I get up at 5am! I have to say, I don't like it, but I will probably look back on it with fond memories when I finally get that day job I want.

LeaX - Yes, I think I'm going to get the BB tank. I don't like the looks of their t-shirts so much. And frankly, I saw my shoulders in the mirror yesterday and I LOVE them! Gotta show these babies off! OMG about the crayons!!!! How did you handle it? My 17mth old tries to write on everything in the house all the time, but the 6 year old wouldn't dream of it! She'd be freaking out, taking the crayons away and coming to tell me about it. My 6 yr old is such a mother hen. You sound like you have good humour about it! And look closely at those markings; if you have a budding Picasso you could probably cut out some of those pieces and sell them on ebay. And if you rent those kids, then it's time to exchange them :) Oh, something I keep forgetting to write, which I thought was funny: a couple of weeks ago when I was doing YogaX, I was just leaning forward to go into crane when DD#2 decided she needed my help. So she came running over to me, put her hands on my butt-ocks, and pushed me right over on my face. I guess I gave her a big enough target, huh? Then at the end of the workout, when I was peacefully sitting doing ohms with my eyes closed, she quietly walked over to me and put a cracker in my mouth. I guess she saw another big target...But those are the joys of working out with kids around, huh? Have fun with SA and ARX today! That's probably the best P90X workout combo there is!

Debra - If THAT saying goes on the tanks, then I don't want one LOL!!!

Jeanette - FOUR new pairs of shoes?! My goodness, are you a spider? That must have been a fun shopping trip! So the Gilad's abs were effective, huh? I've never seen any of his stuff (although, did he have a tv workout program in the late '70s/early '80s?). No longer having small kids at home probably makes cooking seem less important? I'm huge about providing a structured, predictable home for my kids, and having a family dinner is key to that. Before the kids came, though, I remember eating bowls of cereal on the couch for dinner. I imagine we'll revert back to that when they flee the nest. My back actually has quite a bit of DOMS this morning, I think from my couple of pull ups. If you give them a try some time, don't get discouraged if you can't do any. You're likely strong enough, but there's a "how-to" component that can take some time to learn. If I can do them, then I have no doubt you can too! After all, I still haven't managed to do one Dreya roll unassisted! Canada is a beautiful country. I love living here. And it is so varied. Each province is like no other. I imagine the US is a lot like that, too. If you ever make it up here, we'd be happy to have you come visit us! And we're only a 4 hour drive from the mountains....I tried Rainbeau Mars' prenatal yoga (when I was expecting DD#2) and really did not like her, or the workout. She drove me nuts; can't remember why. I gave the workout away to the first pregnant lady I met.

I'm going to head down to the basement and do KenpoX, and probably the KMBlast. Then I have to do that grocery shopping I ran out of time to do yesterday (working around baby naps and bus schedules can be tricky). Then DH and I are sending the kids to the neighbour's for the afternoon so we can go see The Producers, being performed by the travelling Broadway people. A busy day! I'd better go bring it.

Have a great workout!
Sandra

Hi all,

So I was looking at myself in the mirror and my biceps are really popping out. Later, I said to my son, who does weight training at school, feel my bicep and then he said, "Are you going for the man arms?" I'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment or not.

Sandra - You are so close. Can you taste victory and the sweet smell of success? I think that I actually have that rotation printed out. The problem I am finding is that Cathe uses the same old exercises every time. I think that the beauty of p90x is that is had some unique exercises that challenge the muscles ever so slightly differently. I feel really good this morning after doing the Shiva yoga yesterday.I think that you will really enjoy some new yoga after yogax. You are a better person than I; I couldn't stick with that for the 90 days. It's just not yogaish enough for me. If I'm going to do yoga, I want it to REALLY be yoga. I am seeing some nice gains in flexibility; especailly my ability to twist.

Lea - I can't wait to see what you design for the t-shirts. I wish I was artistic, but I'm not. Oh, for years we had giant Easter eggs on the dining room wall. I put a cabinet in front of them to hide them, but I must say, I was sad to see them go when we remodeded. Couldn't you just get a few Dreya posters to cover them up?

Jeanette - You are also so close. Great job! Can you taste victory? I love getting new shoes. I have a new pair of cross trainers and running shoes in the closet that I bought on closeout. NB web express knows how to get me to buy! I need some new work clothes and shoes too. I'm sick of everything that I have. That's always how it is by the end of the season. I can't wait to put that stuff away and get out a new season of stuff out.

Later, off to clean a little.

Tracy

Hi ladies! I'm up early this morning since my sleepover girls were jumping on my bed at 7am!! Not a good thing for me as I am not a morning person! Well be doing Back and Bis today plus abs of some sort...ArX or Core Max...feeling a tad better this morning...We'll see how the day progresses...We're supposed to have lots of snow and ice here later today. Whopee.

Sandra...Thanks for the bubble wrap laughs! Especially the thought of DD popping the bubbles! It sounds like you have a busy and fun day planned...except for the grocery shopping of course...my least favorite chore! Have a great day!

Jeanette...I love shoes too!!! I can go and get 3 or 4 pairs at a time....My closet is filled...People always comment when they see my vast collection.

Lea...Gray t-shirts are my favorite! Sorry your kitty woke you up....Grrr! We usually keep our kitty in the basement overnight since she is such a noise maker...but when it was really cold here a few weeks ago, I let her stay out in the rest of the house....She went in my DD's bedroom and meowed until DD picked her up and put her in bed with her...she then proceeded to keep DD up all night licking her and purring...I asked my DD why she didn't just put her out and close the door...but I don't think it occurred to her! Shoulders and Arms is my favorite...Have fun...and try to get in a nap later....if that is at all possible!

Tracy....You have a great workout too.....Like I'm surprised you're doing legs today..What a shocker!!!

Okay ladies...I had better run and get my girls cleaned up and ready to back home!! I will bbl I'm sure! Hi to Traci, Monica, Laurie, Steph, and...did I miss anyone? I'm not quite awake yet! Well, sorry if I did!!

later...

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hi everyone. Did shoulders and arms today and to tell you the truth, it was nice to do again. Those who are completely sick of P90X right now, give it a few weeks. You'll start missing it (maybe).

Personal time:

Tracy X - I know, the cat decided to wake me up at 4:30am. That is what time I usually get up on the weekdays, but come on, it's the weekend now. I hope that you had a great workout!! Great news on the biceps. I would take what your son said as a compliment (if that is what you are going for). I would die for that. BTW, I am not artistic at all. I love to rearrange furniture and that is about it. LOL. And my 3 year old's drawing is not as desirable as cute Easter Eggs to say the least. It's more like big red lines on the walls. I actually prefer those over having Dreya up all over the place. Just can't get past that moaning for some reason.

Sandra - Yay. You can workout when you want to now. How exciting. The BB tanks look nice and knowing that you had almost 90 days of this program, your shoulders better look nice!! About my darling sons, I took their crayons, markers and anything that they could cause trouble with away for a day. Well, at least the 6 year old. The 3 year old, it's going to be supervised drawing only until he can calm his ass down. He is wild and I hope he calms down before he becomes a teenager. Ugh, payback. That is so cute about your DD#2 how did you handle that one? Usually when I am working out, I really don't like to be disturbed and growl at my kids when they bug me during workouts, especially yoga. Come on, it's my time!!! And darn, I was going to switch the saying to Debra's on the tank. Oh well, your loss;) .

Debra - Grrrrr...those girls huh? 7am is not bad though. What time do you usually wake up? Glad that you are feeling better. I definately wish we could keep our cat outside, but she has been an indoor cat for years.....oh well. No nap for me today. Have to go to the dentist later and get shot up with novacaine. I lost a filling the other day and well you know, the fun of it. I will be drooling out of the side of my mouth for the rest of the day. You take a nap since those gals woke you up.

Jeanette - 4 pairs of shoes? Lucky girl you. Funny thing, I said to Tosca in my email that the book should have been called the Eat Clean Lifestyle and not Diet and she wrote back saying that I was right, but you know, it's all about the sales. Funny. You should try the recipes. They are really really good. I have a few more from the Nutrition magazine that I can pass along if you like. Just made a yummy chicken salad from it yesterday. Ok, I will look into Cardio Coach. Maybe it will get my Giants arss up on the treadmill. LOL.

Ok, that's about it right now. Have to get wild boy outside for a bike rride. Tah tah

Lea
Debra -

Good morning,

Classic/Phase 3/Week 4/Day 6

Today was KenpoX and I brought it good, felt really energetic and enjoyed it tons, for some reason.

Lea, how about shorts instead that say "I've got a crack, crack" across the back of them? That's Tony in KenpoX. Sounds like you have the situation under control with the crayons. My granddaughter keeps her mama on her toes, always into something when mama is busy. I'm going to check out the recipes. I'm just lazy, but I can get my mind around it and cook once in a while. The first Cardio Coach I got was CC#2 and I enjoyed it, wasn't too long. They are all good, but get longer and longer. However, they are chaptered (indexed) so you can cut challenges out or repeat or whatever. I highly recommend them!!!

Sandra, happy dance for you getting to go back to the basement. Anything that makes our workouts more convenient I'm all over. My daughter was having to drive into town, get a sitter, to do Curves. I suggested DVD's for the convenience, but no go. She no longer goes to Curves. Sigh. Does anyone even listen to me? Oh well. I'll have to go check out the May 05 rotation too. Pullups are a definite part for back work for me. Lawnmowers and things like that just don't get it for me as well. You've got lots of new yoga to try. Think you will like the change from YogaX very much. I'm with you on liking to show off my shoulders now. I own lots of tank tops and can't wait to wear them. I wear them at home a lot of times. Love to flex. Sad life, huh? LOL! Wouldn't change it a bit. Re: shoes, that purchase yesterday was TOTALLY out of character for me, but 2 of them were on sale, 1 was a pair of badly needed workout shoes and the other was just a plain pair of black Dr. Scholls from Walmart that will go with my black pants at work. I'm the worst at keeping my shoes and wearing them way past where they should be chucked. Maybe I've turned a corner now? Thanks for the invite to Canada! This year will be my trip to Wyoming, probably about a 3 day visit I'm thinking. Still working out details with Suz, but it should happen! Bowls of cereal, wow, before I started P90X, I was buying boxes and boxes of cereal all the time. Eating way too many carbs a day, grabbing handfuls whenever I cruised by the cabinet. I haven't bought a box since, now oatmeal, that's another thing, though I only have one bowl a day. Enjoy your time with your DH and watching The Producers. Sounds marvelous!

Tracy, popping biceps? You've got to share with us!! You've just got to! We would definitely appreciate them. Do you think they look manly? I'm after the lean, curvy look, which I've gotten a little more of. Mass on my short arms doesn't look good. I'm with you on wanting my yoga to be more yoga-like than YogaX was. I'm on the hunt for some other titles to purchase. Any recommendations? NB web express? I've got to check that one out! I'm really not a shoe-a-holic, yet, but I could definitely use more shoes with my job that is more out and about with meetings and such. I need some new clothes badly too. I'm feeling so good about making it to Recovery Week. Looking forward to Core Syn. I remember it being easier in the 2nd Recovery Week than the first.

Debra, have a great time with B&B today! Hope you are a little bit more healed up today. I have an ankle that feels like it needs a bit of a rest, kind of like a very slight sprain. So you love shoes, huh? I don't have much of a collection, but I have a ton of biking jerseys, biking tights, biking shorts and shoes. Could be worse, I could collect dust bunnies like the lady I saw on a OCD documentary once. People that had weird fetishes and such. It was pretty interesting.

Got to run now, BBL,

Jeanette

Hi all,

I did Max. Intensity Cardio wu and floor aerobics (which I hate), then IMAX 3 blasts with the recovery between 5 & 6, but no other recoveries. I thought I was spent after that. Then legs and back and yoga quickie from Eion.

Debra - Sorry about the impending snow and ice. We still have ice/snow from the last go around. My river trails were quite nasty and the normal walk felt like miles more yesterday. B&B I struggled with it when I had the rotation, but I miss that one. I hope it goes good for you.

Lea - 4:30 everyday? I get up at 4:45, but I have to work. Do you get up with your DH? I agree on wanting to do p90x. I really thought about legs and back today as I was doing my legs/back workout.

Jeanette - You don't cook? We'd spend so much money if I didn't cook. Plus if I do cook, everyone at least eats a little better. I cook almost everynight. I've tried too to get people into working out, but it is hard to get people into the routine. My Mom now does go to water aerobics a few times a week. That's pretty good for her. My Dad has arthritis, but he refuses to get a physical therapist or any help.

Sandra - You deserve an award. I do remember now you workout situation, but dang...That would have suc&$d! I bet you are so happy to get back to your space. The problem with my space is that it is en route to a wood stove so there is always a trail of dirt and crap on my space. That is nothing compared to being totally displaced. I will not complain again.

Hi to all who follow.

Tracy

Tracy

Jeanette - Hey there. Loved the idea about the shorts. We can get shirts and shorts. Yay. I have a question about Cardio Coach. I guess I just don't get it. Is each volume made for just treadmill, stairclimber, or just cardio in general? I am very curious and will purchase a volume. I just want to find out more about it.

Lea

Hi Lea,

Just got back from my niece's baby shower. It was nice and I got to visit with a few people I hadn't seen in a while. I munched on nuts and M&M's (big ones, not bunny poop size) but no cupcakes. I wasn't even tempted by the cupcakes. Now cake would have been different.

Cardio Coach... Each volume is made for whatever cardio you choose to do, be it walking, running, stair stepper, eliptical, stationary bike, real bike on road (make sure you are in a safe place traffic wise), treadmill, any cardio equipment you can think of. What he bases the intensities on are heart rate zones. How do you get your heart rate zone? There are different methods, but just a simple way to get you going is just the 220 minus your age. For instance, I am 48, so 220 minus 48 is 172. That would be my Max Heart Rate (MHR). You then determine your zones based on a percentage of MHR. So for me:

Zone 1 - blue zone - 55%-65% is 95 - 112 beats per minute (bpm)
Zone 2 - green zone - 65-75% is 112 - 129 bpm
Zone 3 - orange zone - 75-85% is 112 - 146 bpm
Zone 4 - red zone - 85-95% is 146 - 163 bpm

I wrote the tops of each zone on my arm so I could refer to them while out on my bike. Coach Sean plays motivating music and then takes you on an adventure. He'll tell you ahead of time that you will be doing a steady state green zone for 3 minutes. Or he will tell you that you have X number of minutes to get up to your orange zone. Or he'll tell you that you have 5 level 3 (Zone 3) 30 second sprints, with a recovery of 45 seconds inbetween each. He always tells you ahead of time and counts down to each one. I find him highly motivating and love his voice. I hope I'm explaining this right, but once you do one, you'll be clear. To me, a Heart Rate Monitor is a must have.

I made a mistake of thinking my MHR was much higher than it was and these Cardio Coach workouts were brutal and took too much out of me. No way could I even reach Level 4 at all. I decided to step down my zones and it is much easier, but of course still a challenge.

Hope this helps. I've done all of the workouts except CC#6 (both versions and the Press Play workout. All are good I hear. Oh yeah, the music is kind of jungle like to me.

Good job on the shirts. I'm okay with it as is. How much would the shipping/tax be approx.?

Jeanette

Hi there ladies!!! Just wanted to check in and let you guys know that is it snowing like CRAZY here!! Kindof feeling a little jealous of TraciX right now! I did Back and Bis today for the last time...WooHoo!!! I was glad to be done with this one today...I was able to go up with reps or lbs on most of the bi work..so I was pleased with that....I used bands for all of the pull ups which went pretty well...I was feeling very bored with this one today..and that surprised me since it is actually one of my favorites..I really like Katie in this one...I think she is cute. So I'm thinking about my workout tomorrow...I could weither do plyo which I skipped yesterday because of my cold..or I could do Kenpo and StretchX and then Legs and Back on Monday and then I would be able to start my recovery week on Tuesday...not that I know what I'm going to do for recovery week anyway! I would appreciate any feedback you ladies have!

Okay...on to a couple of personals...

Jeanette...I just assumed by your purchase that you were a fellow shoe hound...but at least you don't collect dust bunnies...that is VERY strange! I would like to hear more about Cardio Coach too..since my treadmill is gathering dust since starting the X! I plan on running a bit more once I'm done with this rotation.

Tracy...I don't like floor aerobics either...I always feel like I'm just jumping about like a crazy woman...Sounds like you had a very strenuous workout today!

Lea...I am such a night owl that I really don't like to get up before 9 or so on the weekends since I tend to stay up a little later then...during the week I'm up around 7:15 or so...Sorry about the dentist today..Hope that went as okay as it could!

Alright it's DD's night-night time...and then I have "Running With Scissors" to watch....talk to you ladies in the morning!!

ETA...Jeanette and Lea snuck in on me!! I'll check your posts and respond in the am!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Thanks for the info Jeanette. The shipping I have been told was around 2.70. But to be fair, I kind of was going to wait for the shirts to come in and get the shipping priced out since we all live in different areas.

All right, and I also had some suggestions from my DH, so I am going to try those out tomorrow and give another option.

Lea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.