Which is easier?

momsenergy

Cathlete
I am debating which one to learn first..... Low Max or Imax 2. I am an intermediate and probably need to modify these workouts but I want to start out with the easier one first. Your input is much appreciated...thanks in advance!

Yolanda

Yolanda ~

Low Max is easier than IMAX2.

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

I haven't done Imax 2, but if the choreography is anything like Imax 3, then definitely Lowmax is the easier of the two in that regard. I got the choreography in Lowmax pretty much the first time I did it. That being said, Lowmax is NOT an easy workout. }(

Actually, I think choreography-wise they are very similar. IMAX2 is very well cued (unlike IMAX3 in spots), while Low Max cuing leaves something to be desired. I just finished IMAX2: it's a really fun workout with mostly great music (I have an issue with the "PEENA colada" song--it's piña!). I modify somewhat (though not as much as IMAX3, which is way full of impact!) and still have a fun workout.

I've had IMAX3 for almost a week and haven't even taken off the shrink wrap. I've been sick since last Sunday! Arrrgh! I'm a week without exercise and I don't see it in my future for at least another day or 2. Then I have to go to Chicago for work on Wednesday! I think my hotel has a gym, though.

The choreography of both workouts aren't really that difficult. I think the learning curve for both workouts are just about the same. That step-sweep in Low Max was tricky for me the first couple of rounds, but after that it became easier. The blast portion of interval 6 in Imax 2 was also tricky, but I got the hang of that, too. You can always learn the workouts in segments. You'll still work up a sweat.:)

Pinky

Hi Pinky,

IMO Imax 2 is easier to learn and is a great workout, Low Max is fun but it took me a little more time to learn and the intesity is a little lower than Imax 2.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.