What have your results been with 4DS?

Calee

Cathlete
I'm just starting 4DS after doing pyramids for a while. I achieved more definition than I ever have doing these workouts, so I'm concerned that I won't keep making gains.
Also, the office I work with is going on a cruise all together in about 6 weeks. I know I'm a big procrastinator, but what kind of a rotation should I start now to be in tip-top shape for all of my coworkers to see me in a bathing suit in?:eek:
I'd love all the input I can get, thanks!
Calee

Hi Calee,
Speaking for myself, I LOVE 4DS. I mix it up with my own cardio but I've seen great strength gains and some great definition over the past 8 weeks. I also mix in the GS upper body workouts twice a week just as a supplement. I've been thinking about mixing it up soon though so not as to get too complacent. I was thinking about pyramids myself. Good luck!

I have only been doing 4DS for a few weeks, and it just doesn't seem as challenging as Pyramids. Maybe its just me, but I don't feel like I'm making any big increases in strength or definition with this series so far. What's your impression of the 4DS weight work?

Mart, that's what I was worried about; this series doesn't seem as challenging as the pyramids to me either. (Except I STILL can't get the step combos down!) Someone suggested mixing in thier own cardio which I might need to start doing. Maybe I'll add in some treadmill.

Randi, how long have you been doing 4DS?

I started when I first got it for about 1 month and a half. Then I mixed in some GS and Slow and heavy. Now i've been doing it all this month mixed in with some other cardio and different leg workouts. I do legs twice a week one more endurance and the other from the 4DS.
But I always add to the 4DS leg workout it's kind of to easy.

Randi, thanks. I think I'll stick with it as-is for a while since I just started and just maybe add cardio. I want to get my arms looking like your's-they are BEAUTIFUL. What is your diet like and do you take supplements? Sorry if that's too much, but really, I want a body similar to your's. Way to go!

Thank you Calee:)
It just takes eating clean and I also workout 6 days a week and I've only done Cathe for the past 5 years!! I have alot of will power which is very helpful as far as junk food bein around me, it's easy for me to not eat it. I'm very strict with my diet, I stop eating "good" carbs at 3pm. My biggest meal is breakfast. Kashi cereal a couple of protien bars coffee with sugar free creamer:)
I do cardio 4 days out of the week legs twice and 1 or 2 body parts a day. I feel lifting heavy and less cardio helped me tremendously! I have been doing this for 5 months. But next month I will probably do 4ds circuit premixs. And I make up my own rotations.

Randi,
Could you post a typical rotation for a week.
Is your cardio a full workout or an add on? And is it steady state? How many days a week do you work each upper body part?
Thanks.

I like the variety. Plus, if it wasn't for the 4DS, I probably would never have tried 30 lb db for chest presses. To my surprise, I could lift them and am now even more excited about STS and pushing past limits I subconsciously place on myself.

JJ

My typical Workout Week:)
Mon: GS Legs standing only 4DS legs
Tues: 4DS Chest Triceps LIS cardio and abs
Wed: 4DS Shoulders Back B&G stabilty ball abs
Thur: Kick Max the whole thing plus GS legs floorwork
Fri: 4DS Biceps HIS cardio
Sat: Any cardio and abs
This changes every week as far as pairing different body parts. Different leg workouts One is always and 2nd one endurance
And cardio and ab work changes as well

Thank you u Calee!!! If you like that rotation stick with it for a month. I'm starting a new rotation this month sort of like cathe's feb rotation but using more of the 4DS premixs. If your interested let me know:)
Randi

Does your ship have a gym onboard? You could take your workout DVDs with you if they do. If they have a gym, maybe a step bench too.
Contact the cruise line.

Have fun.

I think they do have a gym, I hadn't thought about bringing my Cathe's. I'll have to get on their site and look for the specifics. Thanks for the suggestion.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.