Weight Watchers - It's Tuesday!

Utah Gal

Cathlete
I can't believe I'm the first one up this morning! Can't sleep.

I'm thinking I may break down and run with my 5:30 a.m. partners for the first time in six months. It could happen. But GS Back, Shoulders & Biceps are definitely on tap for today.

How is everyone doing? I am looking forward to yet another exciting day in public relations - and anxious to see what everyone's up to.

Let's make it a great day!
Cheryl

Good Morning, Cheryl....up with the birds I see!

Anyway, just getting ready to leave for the hospital and a fun morning sitting in the MRI waiting room. It shouldn't be too bad, DH is the first patient. I will be doing PLB today (it should have been done yesterday, but I just couldn't get the butt off the sofa!!). I try not to go too heavy as my lower body is where most of my weight likes to hang out.

Cheryl- I think that you passed your sore throat to me....I woke up about midnight with a "twinge" and it's gotten a little worse by the time the alarm went off this morning. I am just hoping that it's from sinus drainage/allergies, but am hitting the Zicam/Airborn nonetheless!

Kali- Congrats on the compliment and the pants!!! Keep up the great work!

Well, my chauffering duties call.....

Well what is the world coming to if I'm THIRD to post?:+
Goooood Morning everyone!

Cheryl- Hope that your early rise time is due to excitement and not stress. An early morning run sounds like fun! Enjoy your lifting today too!

AMY: Dont go getting sick on me girl! You take care of YOU... probably a good thing no cardio on tap today! Have loads of fun in that MRI waiting room..... Thinking good thoughts for DH!

Today is Upper Middle Lower lifting from Master Series (Tony Horton) + the Stott Pilates for Abs I didnt tack on to yesterday.
Feeling good sore (just a bit) in legs from yesterday TaeBo Circuit 1. Its a good workout just not what I wanted... Its more Cardio like Cathe's Kicks & what I want is more slow precise Drills like KenpoX. I may be adding a Powerstrike to my collection... Collage only offers 1 but they are so expensive I may go snoop around Amazon (I dont like ebay).

Anyway... Happy Tuesday to all- will catch up with yesterday a bit later.

:7

Good morning ladies....WOW a 5:30 run sounds great. today i have butts and guts on tap and yesterday i did stepblast. i cant believe how much more fat calories i burn when i keep my hr in the zone rather than going anerobic. i love that kenpo x too, i think i may enjoy that one tomorrow. gidget hows the little boobie doing. it feels like i only get so many full nights of sleep and then one of my boys wakes up for something. last night was tough because i woke up at 2:00 and fell back to sleep at 4:30. thank goodness i am usually a good sleeper. i hope everyone enjoys their day!!!

Good Morning Gang,

Im here!!!! And so glad I am drinking my coffee again...I feel like a whole different person, but when I drink it before breakfast it takes the hunger away.Which isn't a good thing, right now anyway.
You know its getting alittle harder to post first thing in the morning b/c its when we both get up and he is getting to the age where he wants me to be talking to him and playing with him, so when I am typing and not talking to him, he is just lying there staring me down:) So it takes me forever to post cause I have to take breaks.

Cheryl, 5:30 run? I think I would be dragging my feet on that one.Then again, I am use to a 5:30 wake up, just not a running one. I hope you have a good run, if that s what you decide to do.

Kali,I had to go read yesterdays post to see what Cheryl was talking about! Good job. Its much easier to stay focused when you get compliments. My mom is comming here tomorrow and it been over a week since she as seen me, I think she is going to see a difference,and that will be a nice feeling.

Amy, have a good day and don't eat to much breakfast! Breakfast is my favorite meal to eat out. Around here its mostly the same ole,same ole but its nice to go somewhere where you can get a nice pile of pancakes:9

Mary, the baby is doing good and last nights sleep was better but I went to bed with him at 9:30, hoping that he would fall asleep but no such luck. It was still 12 before he settled down. He is to young to put on a schedule yet but its comming soon. And I know that once he starts sleeping through the night, then he will probably be cutting teeth and waking up again.

Im not sure what workout I am doing today but I need to work UB and LB and cardio! I would work one of them tomorrow but my mom is comming to town and I know she is going to want to go out somewhere and then I have play group on Thurs but I guess I could always work out in the evening...gee...never thought of that!

:) :)
Alright, I hope everyone as a good one! I will check back later. I don't think I am doing much today although I would like to go to the mall and buy some bigger shirts cause I don't think I am going to fit into those size small shirts with size D boobs:+ anytime soon
Lori:)

Hello all, I am comming back to ww after I had some good success over the summer and then some major stress in the fall which led to big weight loss success - but for the wrong reasons, so it didn't stick. And, now I have found myself up 10 from my low, down 10 from my high... Right in the middle. Yesterday, was my first day back. It was a good day, it's amazing how much you forget. Today, I think I'll do Buts and Guts, yesterday was Drill Max. I actually did DM for the first time yesterday, I had viewed it previously but didn't get real excited about it, never felt real motivated to do it. It's not my fave of her new series, but it was good. Today is town meeting day here in the NorthEast, so I'll be doing that -hopefully it will keep my mind off food.
Happy Tuesday,
Heather

Hi, everyone!

Welcome, Heather, our team is both growing and "shrinking" (he heh - my lame attempt at an early a.m. joke) :) You've picked a great couple of workouts. I bet you'll be sore.

Amy, good luck at work this morning!!! Hope it goes well.

Traci, so glad to have you back from the bay. Yes, I was up from both excitement and stress. Good stress, though, I think.

Didn't end up going out with the gals at 5:30... dozed off a little again until 6:00 and then did GS Back, shoulders and bi's (45 min) followed by 23 min. on the TM. Meant to do 45 min TM, but the iPod battery gave out x(

Mary, sounds like a good morning so far.

Teddygirl, Gidget, LoriS, Kali and all who follow - hope you're on track for a wonderful day -

Cheryl

~~~~~~~~~~ Personals ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heather & Mary: Welcome to check In ! Nice to see you and don’t worry about being a WW’er person or not… as someone else mentioned yesterday its really turned into a check in for those who are watching weight vs WW! Lol

Gidget; Sounds like you need a circuit today with all you want to accomplish! ROFL about D boobs! I can only dream about big girls like that! On AM posting… do what you can when you can… we all understand the life of a busy mom!

Kali: that’s AWESOME about your pants being loose 1 week later! ^^ 5 on all the positive changes you are making. Makes the day even better eh? Funny about “cheating” with no step… As your legs start looking slim & cut you’ll get over that feeling quickly! I sure did.lol

Cheryl: You have me in stitches about a buck a mile! PLEASE do that for me… What a life! Tell your sin I said he needs to count his blessings having a mom like you! Congrats on all the great client news! Very sweet of you to recall DH… It is still quite stressful for him as one of the buyouts is now saying he’s staying just to keep people are fired up. Today is another “partner” meeting and DH was in a mental slump… I wish I could help him see that his attitude at this point is 99% of the game but he is just in that mental slump & drawing all sorts of negative things towards himself right now. I just pray and visualize every day.

Amy: just read you had Waffle House today… that’ll make ya smile for sure! Also will fuel the workout today!

TeddyGirl: So how was the marathon sleep last night? You are a party girl! 1am then up for work? Goodness gracious those days are far behind me! LOL

Belinda: Feeling any after effects of LIC?

LoriS: VERY COOL on all the bookings the month! Check in when you can.

Jane & Claude: Always thinking good thoughts for you!

Off to grocery store then workout… Have a great day all!

Hey!!

Just back from MRI/breakfast run.

Cheryl- Waffle House is a southern "thang" that's pretty much a diner....grease, grits, sausage, bacon, that type of thing...oh and waffles...REALLY good waffles!! Anyway, I found a brochure last year that a registered dietician/marathon runner put together in conjuction with WH about the healthy food there. Since then, my usual is grilled chicken breast with steamed hashbrowns. One thing that I really like is that the one we usually go to, they know us there and the grillcook (it's set up so that you watch them cook everything) always scrapes the griddle down before my chicken and potatoes go on so there is no extra grease there.

Well, I'm going to take a nap now. I did NOT sleep well at all! I will check in later today.

Good morning ladies,

Welcome Heather!

Kali great job!

Yesterday I started the March rotation.I did LIC! Yes ,I feelt my legs after doing S&H legs and Shoulders Sunday.:) Today I doing KPC.

I was down 2 pounds this morning:) My eating is really good.
I signed up with sparkpeople Sunday, but I don't know how to add S & H legs (weight training) in there??? :)

My DVD's (CTX and Cardio Kicks) should be coming today:) :) :)

Have a great day all! BBL!
Belinda

Good Morning....Cheryl, I am going to do GS BSB today too!! I am also going to add CTX Kickbox.

Kali, I love to hear what your personal trainier says, because I am soaking up the advice she gives you. One question, what body-type are you?? I am endo-meso.

I have no jewelry shows today. My only day off until next
onday, but business is good, I ma not complaining!!

Traci, I am glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Amy, sorry for your husband. I had surgery on my back twice last year....I hope he gets his pproblem taken care of!
Lori

Belinda -
Unless I'm missing something, SP makes it really hard to record weight workouts. I finally gave up and I record weight and cardio on my Cathe calendar (using it like a training log) and in the bottom corner put the total amount of time so I can total it up at the end of the week for how many hours I worked out (7 1/2- 10 1/2 generally) and can assess if I took or ought to take a rest day somewhere and also assess whether I made best use of that number of hours.

On SP I just record cardio and that I stretched before and after - generally working to burn at least a pound worth of cardio calories a week (3500), although we all know that's not a clean assessment... you have to realize that 3500 has to subtract out whatever calories you would have burned during that time anyway either in normal activities or rest, and that if you have to rest more or eat extra after the workout that also takes up some of that sum... sigh... hope that helps.

Lori, sounds like business is good

Traci - I feel for your DH right now.... one thing helping me is that in the horrible divorce/custody trial I went through I received years of counseling... and in a weird and ironic way I am putting all of that counseling to good use :) I hope he and you can hang in there.

Have a great morning, everyone!
Cheryl

Afternoon everyone,

Mary: Welcome :)

Tracie: yep, in la-la land last night. Nope, not a party animal :eek: back in the days yeah! Me, I need rest :eek:

Kali: Nice work:7

Gidget: LOOK....... I see 130;) :D ;) nice!!!

Cheryl: congrats on your running you go!:)

Lori: Have fun with BSB & kick box. That's my kinda combo :)

Belinda: happy dances, 2lbs congrats and stay focused!

This morning, I did GS legs (some 2x) & CM1. I really lifted as heavy as I could:p Afterwards, I dare not push out a cardio workout;) Maybe tonight, if I do its going to be something easy, well maybe......;) }( :7

CoreMax am not all that crazy about it. Just seems to me I get a much better workout from the newer ab w/o or from Ab Hits. How do you guys feel about CMax? maybe I need to give it a chances and do a few more of the programs, I shall see. Have an ((Awesome)) day everyone;)

Teddygirl~

Hi Gals,

Back to report my workout. I did PLB and CTX back before lunch and then when DH came home for his lunch I ran for 5 miles. DS still hasn't went for a true nap this afternoon so I may have a little nap when he as one although I don't feel tired today but I know that will catch up with my later tonight.

Traci...i see 130 to!:) }( Glad I am not the only one seeing things:)

Heather, welcome! You picked the right gang to join in on!

Ill be back later on!

GOOD AFTERNOON BEAUTIFUL LADIES!!!

You know, the scale is a funny thing. Due to my kids being up at different hours and school work, I haven't done a weight workout in about 2 weeks. I'm finally back down to where I was before I started cathe! I know it was water...but holy moly! Feb 1 I was 168 and I shot up to 17 mid february. FINALLY, I am down to 169. I know once I up the weights again I'll show a gain.

I have also decided that to guarantee a workout, I must get up at 5am. I know that is really stinking early, but i don't see any other way to get it in on a consistant basis. My DH gets up at 6, so I need to be through with my workout by then. I figure I can always go back to bed if I need to...right?!?

Also, i am cracking down on my calorie intake. I have a really hard time eating enough calories when I am clean eating. I will track on sparks. Would you please share with me your daily menu and portion sizes? I would greatly appreciate it!

Oh, I also got my new shoes today...Ryka Enlights II that everyone raves about. My feet and ankles were starting to hurt me real bad lately. Hopefully today will be either KPC or basic step.

Jessica

Congratulations, Jessica! It's nice to see the body leveling out once in a while! On portion sizes, I actually went and invested in a food scale. That's how I portion my protein when it's meat. I usually try for about 5 oz of meat when I eat it. I hope that new shoes work out! I know that I love mine!

Happy to report Upper Middle Lower (Master Series) completed. As much as I dread afternoon workouts it seems to be a good shock for my body so I’ll stick with a few afternoon/evening ones a week.

CONFESSION TIME:
Just ordered thru Amazon:

Kickbox Bootcamp: Keli Roberts
Jab, Kick, Burn: Tracey Mallett
Killer Kicks: Violet Zaki
Kickbox Strikezone: Janis Saffell

LOL Theres gotta be at least 1 or 2 Kenpo- X-ie type! I went by the reviews... anything that got slammed for low cardio intensity I got! Hows that for a new strategy! Only 30 bucks for all 4 (with shipping) so I'm cool with that. I think Powerstrikes are out of my price range unless I know I can return if I dont like.

AMERS: Hope you’re sleeping like a baby! How long before MRI results?

BELINDA: Congrats on start of new rotation! I love new beginnings.. WooHoo on scale! ^^5! Exciting about your new arrivals today! ENJOY girl!

LoriS: Hope your mega workout went well! Enjoy your work day off!

Cheryl: Do you see any difference in stats from your 7.5hr vs 10.5 hr workouts per week? Just curious

Teddy: Nice job on morning workout! You are a machine once you get going! On CoreMax…. I am really picky on my ab work – try some of the premixes… I find them more challenging and effective.

Gidget: What vitamins are you taking woman? HOLY SMOKIN COW! Great job on the workouts!

Jessica: You’re right about the scale… gotta be careful to not lose muscle mass for sake of scale as it actually backfires pretty quickly with BF gain… Its such a dang balancing act isn’t it? Guess we just gotta laugh at these crazy female bodies sometimes! Calories & quality of calories is so important to being fit – so happy you are taking charge of that area! GREAT JOB… Enjoy those new shoes!

Happy day to all who follow!

Hi Girls,
I just wrote one big post and it got deleted! So here goes again.....

Just finished cleaning up from dinner and cleaning the floors. I wasn't sure when to do my housework this week so I have just been doing it in dribs and drabs. Wouldn't be a big deal but play group is here this week and we just moved into a new house last Nov and I know the girls will want to have a look around. And I can't have them going around talking about how dirty my house is!:) :) :)

Jessica, for serving size I just go by whatever WW's tells me a serving size is. OR I will go by whatever a package says, like a bowl of cereal. As for fruit and veggies...I just pick the middle sized piece, not the big one, not the small one, one thats just right:) I may have stole that line from a story book.:) Im sure you will get the hang of it though once you get go'in.

Traci, I have been taking vitamins. You could tell?:) I guess I am allowed to be taking vitamins while BF'ing, they are vitamins so I can't see what harm they would cause. But I think I am gonna feel the pain in my legs tomorrow morning.
I hope you find something you like out of all those workouts. I owned the Keli one but I don't think I ever did it. I may have sold it in a yard sale cause I don't have it now. IS that the CIA one? I own the Powerstrike ones as well, and they are worth the money. I don't know if they are what you are looking for but they are good workouts. I haven't done those in a while either though cause they play the same song over and over and some cheesy camera action. But I always felt it the next day.

Well, i will be around later. Sounds like everyone had a good day. I don't know what I will do tomorrow. It will be something quick cause my mom will be around and she will probably want to go shopping in the afternoon.

Good evening ladies,

I am still waiting for UPS to come! Waiting and waiting........

Cheryl thanks for the info! I am going to log in my food intake and cardio only!

Jessica I signed up with sparkpeople:) It really helps me! Serving size is the key!!

I will check in later!
Belinda

Belinda- when it comes to weight work and sparkpeople, I just enter the weight exercise that I do, I just don't worry about entering the lbs and the reps because I have my written log book for that. I hope that UPS shows up!!

Tonight I finally got to PLB. It was tough, my HR kept going up, so I just took it easy and paused between sets to let it come down. I hope that this is just a cold thing and not something like what DH had a couple of weeks ago!!! The throat feels a bit better tonight, but I can tell something isn't right, still.

They say that it will take a couple of days before the MRI results are in, so we'll see. DH is now having to get ready for a glucose tolerance test and another MRI tomorrow of his shoulder. I am hoping that this will convince DH to lay off the Nutty Bars (all 6-10/day!!!) because of his blood sugar!!!x(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.