Wegmans!

Mar

Cathlete
Hi Cathe, I noticed in the Oatmeal post that you shop at Wegmans. I'm from Rochester, NY where Wegmans began. Isn't it an awesome store? I've never seen a store in the U.S. quite like it. So glad you are one of the fortunate to have one near you. By the way, the founder of the company recently passed away (Robert Wegman). You wouldn't have believed the number of people from all over the country that came to his memorial. Incredible. He will be missed.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=8019309&uid=3879914&members=1

I know some people willthink this is better on open forum, but it WAS Cathe who opened the Wegman's door! }(
I lived in Rochester (husband in grad school at U of R) and shopped at the original one on Mt. Hope Blvd. When we moved away, the last time I was on line there (or 'in line' depending on where you live), I actually got teary eyed. No other grocery chain comes close.
Robert Wegman's funeral was televised in Rochester I read in his obit.

Hi Mar! Yes, it IS an incredible store (as is the adjacent "The Market" eatery that is full of their freshly made healthy entree's and salads). They just opened it maybe 6 weeks ago and I got lost in there. I felt like I was in a supermarket version of Disney World. It's beautiful, huge, loaded with amenities, and has everything and every brand you could want. I spent hours there on my first visit. The service was very friendly and OUTSTANDING too. I couldn't find an item and I asked a man who was in the bakery section and he personally walked me to the other end of the store to help me find my item. Just a great store!

At the time of the grand opening I was surprised to read that it is owned and operated by the original Wegman family. I'm so sorry to hear of Robert Wegmans passing. I bet the family was very touched to see so many come from all over to pay their respects. I'm sure all of you from Rochester will feel an even deeper loss than most. Thanks for sharing this info with me.

Take Care!

Oh! You all have really made me miss that store!! I used to live outside of Jamestown NY and loved shopping there. They do not have them where I live now (CT). I wish they did but now I shop ar Stew Leonard's.
Jen

I think that Wegmans may be the single reason why I refuse to relocate outside of Buffalo NY (or at the very least, within driving range of a Wegmans store!!! LOL).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.