Weekend Check-in, Saturday & Sunday, February 10 & 11, 2024

aqua girl

Cathlete
Happy Weekend Girls! Nothing to report here......:) rest weekend.....starting us off for anyone
that does plan workout(s) over the weekend. Enjoy, and if you're football fans, enjoy the Super Bowl!

I don't do football, so just hoping that there is a good movie or 2 on. :)

I'm back :), well I changed my mind, (a girl can do that, right?) I had put together a new
blender last night, and I decided I want to give it a go, so I'll be doing that here shortly,
after Jack's walk, it is " Mobility & Jump Rope Drills" and it's 18 min. So that'll be my
little workout today.

Wishing a wonderful weekend to everyone. Yesterday was a great workout day for everyone! I enjoy reading the previous day’s thread at my leisure while I drink my morning cup of tea.

DH will watch football this weekend but I won’t. He and DS from Philly will text back and forth and possibly phone one another so I’ll leave them to it.

Lannette- So impressive your backgorund you mentioned and your DH too! I suffered a severe whiplash injury in a car accident when I was 19. My neck as has been a chronic issue ever since, but I manage. So amazing you've healed the ruptured discs in your neck.
Congrats!
I want to be clear because this sounds like woo woo. A really bad slip opened the discs. My therapist assessed which muscles had locked up my neck and were holding the discs open. Then together we worked to release some muscles and strengthen others. This allowed the discs to return to a closed position.

Hindsight the injury was a blessing. All my wonky joints, though full of arthritis work normally thanks to her guidance.

The one rule that will never change is that “for me” when lifting to failure, failure is the second I tighten my neck or traps. I could muscle much heavier weights but my neck would get into it.

Linda, you probably do this without thinking. I bet Cathe’s new program is great for your neck.

Today I did Cycle Power TS 2: 26:12m, ICE Muscle Meltdown Triceps 14m - I really enjoyed this workout! So good to be back on the bike.

I’m having fun fine tuning next week’s plan.

Oh boy!
Linda, you probably do this without thinking. I bet Cathe’s new program is great for your neck.
I just realized this could be read two ways. I meant that you probably automatically back off if you feel yourself tensing your neck muscles.

Also need to fess up. I never got to foam rolling Friday. Our ancient DVD player died. I had to hook up the back up player and get it hooked into the woofer or tweeter or whatever it’s called and then into the surround sound in the gym. Thank goodness it worked. Then of course I had to order a new back up DVD player.

Happy Saturday & weekend everyone:

Linda- What fun that must be creating blender workouts. The new one you mentioned, " Mobility & Jump Rope Drills" and it's 18 min, that does sound perfect. Have a fun workout with that one, enjoy & have a great weekend;)

Lannette- I just meant I'm happy for you that your neck & you are doing so much better. Great job btw on today'
s workout with: Cycle Power TS 2: 26:12m, ICE Muscle Meltdown Triceps 14m . I love bike workouts btw. Nicely done with Bike & Ice Meltdown Triceps. Love the premix options on ICE, so fun. Have a great weekend:)

Hello's and waves to: Annette, Siobhan, and Anita. Have a blessed weekend all.;)

Here's today's workout:

YT-Kaleigh Cohen Strength-WORKOUT WITH ME!- 30-min Full Body Strength Training w/ Dumbbells= 35 Min

YT- Kaleigh Cohen Cycling- LIVE Indoor Cycling Workout!-50-min Cycling Class = 55 Min

Have a super fun weekend:)

Nora

Nice workout yesterday Nora! Cardio & weights ! Best combo!
YT-Kaleigh Cohen Strength-WORKOUT WITH ME!- 30-min Full Body Strength Training w/ Dumbbells & YT- Kaleigh Cohen Cycling- LIVE Indoor Cycling Workout!-50-min Cycling Class

I was wondering about Siobhan, maybe this is the weekend she was going away...
Winterlude? Anyway, hope all is ok!

Nice WO Nora. I also wondered about Siobhan, Linda. Hopefully she’s at Winterlude and having a blast. Hopefully everyone else is enjoying the weekend.

This morning I did Total Body Barbell Upper Body Only - 34:11m + Pilates Spring Wall Stott Pilates UB Only: Off the Wall 32m.

Nice long workout today Lannette with Total Body Barbell Upper Body Only - 34:11m + Pilates Spring Wall Stott Pilates UB Only: Off the Wall 32m. Good for you !

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.