Trying to Fit Yoga In for Thurs Feb 1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fellow Yogi's -

This morning I overslept a bit by accident and the DH was out of the basement so I did Cardio Coach #2 on the treadmill only (first time all treadmill), skipped the cool down and came upstairs and did Kelly Coffey's Step Kickboxing in it's entirety. Cardio was 1.5 hours long and I burned 605 calories. Kelly's pretty tough to begin with and it seemed even harder after the Cardio Coach workout. My legs are yet again toasty. I finished with 65" of Adrieene Reed's Ultimate Flexibility Power Yoga.

RE: Ultimate Flexibility - This was the first time I did the 60" workout on this one (it is really 70" with shavasana). In the past I reported I previewed these and didn't care for Adrienne. I still don't LOVE Adrienne, but she doesn't seem AS abrasive to me now that I've actually done the entire practice. Most of the students in this class are pretty advanced and she does lots of really advanced poses, but she does mention, from time to time, to do what is right for your body, but nobody in the class really has to modify.....maybe just this one kid. I sort of like to see some "less flexible" people in the class. She does full splits with twisting variations and full straddle splits in this DVD. She also does leg behind the head pose and a few variations with leg behind the head. I can only slip my leg over my shoulder. Overall, this was a unique practice with a variety of poses not on other DVDs I own....so I liked it. Perhaps I'll warm up to Adrienne over time.

Have great workouts everyone. I'm off to get my shower and then I have to go to the grocery store and maybe the dentist.

I called the hospital yesterday to see if they started interviewing for that job I put in for and they did not start yet, so I'm still in the running for that job.

Someone from Videofitness that is a Recruiter offered to try to help me find a job...so I faxed my resume to her yesterday and I spoke with her on the phone. She said I could sue those Lawyers for "wrongful termination". If my unemployment gets turned down....I might consider it!

Jen - So what is it that you figured out about Budokon? Do they have more advanced workouts coming? You got me sort of excited. Re: Turbo Jam - you cracked me up. I guess I'm used to the sirens, as they don't phase me.....I just know it's time to kick it in gear when I hear them. I think that's just Chalene's natural personality. I think she is passionate about Turbo Jam.....and she doesn't bother me at all. Maybe you'll get used to her?? I do look a little silly when I do "Shake and shed" and shake your hips freestyle.....but it feels good to be silly and move my hips in those directions...so I don't mind it. I love being a goof....so I just get all crazy and let go. I think you should try that Duncan Wong DVD. Which one did you get? I don't remember it being that hard to follow....however, I might have just not cared about exact hand placement with all of his movements...and probably just did the best I could.

Kel - How are feeling after your fall? When I did Kelly Coffey this morning, I tried to pay attention to her demeanor and thought of you -- so I could see what others would like about Kelly. I think I explained her well to you before. She's down to business, let's work.....and moves quickly and she's pretty serious about her workout, but she does smile and I think she may have cracked one tiny joke....can't remember for sure. Of course, I had to pause the DVD to get a sip of water here and there cuz she's relentless. This DVD has a cardio-weight segment (short one -- not enough for a weight workout) and I even missed a rep or two when I switched my weights, as she uses the same weight. Stretch was practically nonexistant....only about 2 min total....not enough for this workout.

Meg - How's your stomach? Did you do any more Kundalini?

Oh, my stomach is NOT happy today. I am so crampy. I must have to much stress going on and it is running me down. Must move thru it I guess. I had an awesome WO last night. It was so fun. Today is a circiut. I haven't decided which one yet. Let ya'll know!

Lora- I wanted to do more Kundalini last night, but the next town over had a structure fire and I knew we would be getting called for atleast stand-by, so I finished my cardio and stretch and showered real quick and sure enough we got called. I had enough time to get dressed and grab an apple on the way out the door. SO no yoga at all last night. Great WO BTW!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi Lora, Meg, & all other limber ladies!

First, thanks to all of you for your concern about my tumble & for all the well-wishes too.

Lora - I continue to think about you during your job search & I wish you the best of luck in finding the job you want. Today, I'm sore & bruised from my fall but no serious injuries, thank goodness. Thanks again for all the information about Kelly Coffey. It sounds like I'll probably like her.

Meg - Sorry about your tummy & I hope it feels better soon. Hey, I've been meaning to tell you how impressed I am about you being a firefighter. Wow, what an important, intense, & meaningful job you do. Thank you for doing that.

This morning, I did what is becoming my normal Thursday morning W/O - Cardio Fusion 41 1/2 minute premix. I still haven't grown tired of it so I guess I'll keep on doing it every week until I do. Tomorrow will probably be another circuit W/O but I'm sore from Supersets on Wednesday & also from my fall so I might just opt for yoga instead. I haven't decided yet so I guess I'll let you know tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Friday Eve!

Kel

Kel - what workouts are combined in that Cardio Fusion? BMax and LIC?? I can't remember. It's been a while since I did it. I didn't really think any of Cathe's new step workouts were a "ton" of fun this time. My favorites are still Step Blast and Imax 3. Love the coreography in those two.

Jen - I was trying to figure out what workout to do tomorrow and I pulled out my Budokon and Duncan Wong's.....trying to remember it. I just viewed Source Power's one premix and it actually looked rather appealing to me. I think I might be a bit more advanced than I was the last time I tried it (although it still has stuff I can't do). I'm going to watch the other Awakening Level one later and decide which one to do after my weights and aerobics tomorrow.....if I feel up to it. It has a lot of toning in it.......so I'm not sure yet.

Meg - I think you asked on the Hardcore thread (can't remember) but so far, my sciatica is only flaring a bit from the treadmill.....although I have been doing quite a bit of yoga....so maybe that's helping. I can feel it pulling, but it's not severe yet. Fingers crossed. I want to be able to run so badly!

Hi all! Tonight's WOs were Turbo Jam Learn and Burn and Lower Body Jam. I really like doing leg work with that resistance band. I know, I know, get out my Butts and Guts, already :) !! I just realized I have done no Cathe's this week. Miss her. She's still the best.

You guys are not going to believe this, but the buy one get one free bacon I told you about that caused the mini-argument....DH took it back to the store. I'm speechless! Very proud of him!

Tammy-Whatcha' up to today? Excellent CTX info, thanks! It does sound like a must have! I like the idea of only 30 min cardios!

Megadoo-Tummy again! Can't get a break this week?!? Hope stress works itself OUT instead of working on you!

Kel-Glad you're doing better! Supersets used to be my favorite Friday night WO. It's just the right amount of tough without being brutal.

Lora-Oops, already sent Duncan Wong back. WO was beautifully filmed and I loved the music, but not what I am looking for right now. Another time perhaps. That's the beauty of Netflix. Did not find out any major breaking news on Budokon...just the difference between the beginner WO single DVD and the weight loss set. Weight loss set is just beginner WO repackaged. Not really advanced for the 50 min WO time, includes more instruction, not more WO moves, which accounts for the longer length. People were pi$$ed off about that! No news on Bukodon site about any pending releases. :( I am with ya' though-I would definately buy if they did. I will still probably purchase the beginner single disk WO, as the reviewers raved about and suggested most everyone stick with that, since the kit has extras about diet tips and philosophy that most don't need.

Gotta go....time for DH to take measurements for new month! Wish me luck!

Jen

Jen: Congrats to your husband and please give him a ^5! I took a rest day today, just couldn't get moving this morning and it was my long day at work (10-7). It looks as if you are having fun with the TJ's. Tomorrow is B&G for me, plus some chin-ups/pull-ups.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.