Trying To Fit Yoga In for Saturday Feb 24

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Rebecca Small's Step Revolution adding propulsions, hops, etc for a moderate cardio workout. I put in Step Express (the last tape I have of her that I've not tried yet) and started learning the first 2 combos as a cool down......not sure about this tape. The combos are really different than her usual coreography and seems a bit harder -- or maybe it was just that I didn't like the music as much on this one and couldn't concentrate well. I usually love the music on her tapes....but a Brittney Spears song came on Slave and then a song that sounded like Beyonce......different from Rebecca's usual Evolution music. Anyway, I still love Step Revolution and had fun with that. My HR monitor stopped timing my workout about 45-50 minutes into the workout...so I'm not sure how much I burned or how long I ended up doing. Last look at my HRM, my calorie burn was 280ish. I also did Yogatopia - 60 min.

My legs are fried from workouts this week. I think Amy Bento did me in yesterday. I was using my heaviest weight resistance band and we were doing combo lat pulls with stepping up on the higher step with the resistance band. I think between that, the weights and the power yoga.....that did it. Some day real soon.....I guess I'm going to need to take a real recovery day. I keep saying I'll do it when I go back to work! I need a job! I really wanted to take a rest day today, but when the DH doesn't do it, I feel guilty and so I work out too.

Have great workouts. I think we decided to see that movie The Number 23 with Jim Carey today. It looks strange.

I'll be around later after my bath, etc. I'm going to try out my BPAL Bath Bomb called Grrr for headache relief. I've had a migraine for days due to TTOTM x 2 this month. Grrr is right!!! LOL

Jen - I never use my original YBB DVDs since I got the Live Series. I can hardly remember the original 60" one...but the 45" one used to be one of my favorites.....back when it was a lonely little VHS tape in my collection a couple years before they released the set at Beachbody! To this day, my DH can't refrain from dancing behind me when he's walking thru the room and I'm doing YBB. He's funny. Which leads me to the next question........are you shy dancing like that in front of your DH? I'm just curious. I think I used to be....but now I don't care ......cuz he always seems to come up behind me and do that cuz he likes being goofy...so why should I care if I look goofy? I know he always does that when I'm doing Dancin' The Chakras too. He loves that one. I'll be anxious to hear how you like everything (DVD wise). I'm a bit nervous about what you'll think of Hip Hop Abs! I sort of like it.....I like getting funky.

Yve - The Coca Cola job description is sort of basic secretarial duties. The only thing in it that I'm not really good at are using Excel -- but I think I'll mostly use it for data entry - according to the sounds of the description. The other thing I've not done for a while is make travel arrangements...but when I did that in a previous job, I used to call a Travel Agent and tell them where my boss was going and they'd set it up and I'd just type the itinerary...so I don't know if that's still okay to do it that way....it's been ages. The other thing on the descripton that I'm not sure about is "process invoices and expense reports"....not sure what that entails...but should be something I can learn. I'm thinking check requests?? entering data? not sure. Lastly, it says "maintain department calendar".. depending on how big the department and what software it's in...that may or may not be a challenge for me. (since I'm 47, I'm a bit technocolgy challenged....didn't grow up learning software and Excel never clicked with me....I'm not good at math either...so Excel's formulas make me nuts). I'm not getting any younger.....so it's getting a bit harder to learn on the job! Thus, the reason I hope I get something I can learn and STAY at until I retire!

RE: Raise Yourself Up - it was on the Fat Free Yoga DVD...so I think it may have focused on depression, moods and working the thyroid gland for metabolism. Kundalini is much different than traditional yoga. We worked on the thyroid, throat center mostly. Did a lot of arm movements for the heart center (I think). This one move where you clasp your hands by your heart and do breathing exercises. It had a lot of long breath holds.....holding breath in and out while contracting the lower chakras. It had a lot of seated twisting with arms held up and fingers in a mudra. For the throat center and glands, we rolled our heads around (felt so good on my stiff neck), turned our heads from side to side quickly while doing a breathing exercise and simultaneously moving are arms (I think). We also did this really really strange thing where we put our thumb and index finger together to make circles and looked thru the circles like we were staring out thru eyeglasses. It was bizzare and we did it sort of long.......I was thinking ....what the heck is this for? He usually tells you what each thing does....but usually when we do one where I REALLY want to know why I'm doing it...he doesn't say. I like to know what I'm working! what the heck Ravi. At the end - we did breathing thru a curled tongue which detoxes your liver. I did 2 segments on this DVD though and I'm not sure if I'm getting the last one confused with the Burn Baby Burn segment on the DVD that I did.

We have the same goals, Yve. I'd like to lose about 7 pounds and gain definition in my arms, but I also want definition in my legs and butt. I want it all, don't I. If you get any good advice for your goals, let me know. What body type do you have? I'm pretty much an ectomorph on top and carry most of my weight from my lower abs down. I wouldn't say I'm a traditional pear shape, as my body is not really that much out of proportion....just that my lower body has more fat on it than the upper tends to store.

Well, now that I've typed a book yet again........I will go get my bath.

Hi ladies! Have a hair appt today in a few mintues! So excited...my hairdresser is awesome and I always come out looking like a rock star. I just wish I could duplicate what she does!

Lora-I have previewed YBB and HHA. I think I am more of a YBB gal, and probably should have gotten that series first. That being said, I haven't actually physically done either one, so my impressions may change.

Have a great day ladies! I will BBL.

Jen

Janie-I am actually working on pictures now. I have a picturetrail account that I have been telling Meg & Lora I would be finished with by February. Well...make it the end of February now.....:) Thanks for the compliment! I really enjoy looking at everyone's pictures, too (love the new ones you posted of your workout room, BTW) so I think it's only fair I light a fire under this project and get going!

Jen

Jen - Yes, I agree. I bet you're adorable ......if you're anything like your personality!! Good luck with Hip Hop Abs and YBB!

Janie - Hi- I'm glad you're going to be able to fit some yoga in. I know what your body screaming for it is like!!

Hi again, all! Tonight's WO was Yoga Booty Ballet Basic-45 min. I really enjoyed this WO from the first get-go. I did preview the advanced WO on the same DVD and it looks pretty dancey, so I hope I can keep up. I liked that the WO was divided into segments-you don't do anything long enough to get bored and do just enough to feel worked. The sculpting section, which seemed the easiest to me, actually really bothered my shoulder tonight. I don't think it was due to this WO-I think I was a little overzealous with my Turbo Jam last night. I have taken some aspirin and hoping to God this goes away because I know what a problem area this can be once it starts to flare up. I thought the workout was gorgeously filmed and liked the instructors very much-so warm and friendly and fun! The most challenging part for me was the ballet section. I sweated more in that section than the "cardio" section. I have very thick muscles and kinda fat thighs, so it was TOUGH-and very different from what I am used to-which means it probably is just the challenge I needed. I felt very relaxed when the WO was over, despite the fact that the yoga section was so short. When I previewed the WO, the music seemed repetitive, but I didn't notice it as much when doing the WO. I liked the style of the music, but then again I am a sucker for any type of pop-ish "world" music these days. :)

Hope you all had great WOs and a great night!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.