Trying to Fit Yoga in for Sat March 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Yogini's -

This morning I should have listened to my body and taken a rest day, but since my DH didn't ......I felt guilty not working out.....so I did about 50 minutes of lower intensity step - Rebecca Small's Step Revolution with my HR around 75% of max. I burned 290 calories. Then I did 1/2 hour on my Pilates Reformer - Intermediate workout followed by Yoga Shakti - Dancing Warrior 3, Standing Poses 1, Ha Kriya, Backbend Prep, Supine poses, Forward Bends & Twists, Inversions & Shavasana.

Jen - Gosh...how I wish I could be home and not have to work. I KNOW I'll have no problem adjusting to retirement. I have been keeping QUITE busy at home. Between my Ebay business and workouts, it only leaves me enough time to play on the computer and do some evening yoga! I don't know what I'm going to do when I go back to work!! I won't have any time to do anything!! YOY!! Sadly, I MUST contribute to our income....as my DH has a good job....but not good enough! LOL.

Yve - Okay, that's good to know about the weights and pilates...cuz whenever I've done it recently, I wear my ankle weights and hold a med ball or dumbbells. Using my Reformer today - which is a REAL pain in the butt to get out cuz I have one cat who is a chewer and she loves to chew cords...etc...so I had to make a large cover out of sheet to put over my Reformer when it's not in use......thus the pain in the butt to get out cuz the cover is fitted - I used 4 cords on a lot of exercises and it didn't seem challening enough ...especially for the leg work. I'll have to look into those power cords from QVC when I get a job. I followed my Classical Pilates Reformer workout and I didn't like it cuz he jumped on a barrel from the reformer and then did a long box and short box series (which I don't have) but I tried to mimic some of the moves without the box (which only worked for part of it). Do you know of any good Pilates Band workouts? I'll have to check Stott's site.

Have great days everyone. I'm off to do my normal Saturday routine. I'm not sure what movie we're going to. DH wants to see 300 .....not sure if I do.....have to look it up. There's not really much else showing. Bad selection ...........as the Astronaut Farmer's still playing...YUK!!

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Gym Style Chest (drop set of push-ups only), Pyramid Chest, Power Hour Chest (skipping push-ups :) ) and finally, Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio # 1.

Lora-I finally previewed all of the Hip Hop Abs. I liked the cardio I did today pretty well. I am sure I will like it more once I improve. I have been meaning to ask-what is your favorite DVD of the Hip Hop Abs series? I am also on the brink of going ahead and purchasing YBB. What is your favorite WO from that series?

Yve-You've been getting in quite a few Cathe WOs lately! How is it feeling to you after all the Pilates you have been doing? I would imagine it makes her WOs feel like new since Pilates is so different than most of her WOs. Are you enjoying it and getting results? You must be super-focused on looking your best in that wedding dress! :) BTW, have you picked out a dress yet? A local radio station just had the "running of the brides" at a place called Filene's Basement. They sold designer gowns that were thousands of dollars for only a few hundred dollars. People camp out for this thing. The event supposedly happens in many areas all over the country. Do you have this in your area? Wish you could post a picture showing your dress.....just tell SO not to peek!!! :) So excited for you! My DH and I got married at the courthouse and did not have a "big day", so I just live vicariously through others on this.

Jen

Jen - My fave's of Hip Hop Abs are the 2 Fat Burning Cardio ones. I only did the one Body Blast one one time with handweights and all of that ab work holding the weights gave me a severe case of low back pain.....must have had improper form or something. I haven't done it since. I have to try them again. I also only did the 5 minute ab one and the other Ab one and they were okay....but again, it's hard for me to feel standing ab work so the ab DVDs felt like the cardio one to me. I have to try them more....but I keep doing the same ones over and over. Out of YBB's, my fave's are the Live's.....Hip Hop Abs (yes, that's the name of the YBB one) and Cardio Cabaret (the burlesque one) are my favorites and then Latin dance one is #3. I bought the latter from Swerve Studio via telephone though cuz I don't think they sold it on BB at the time. I also like AM Latte from the YBB Masters Series. I'm glad you're starting to feel better shakin' it with Sean T!!!

Hi Yve if you're out there!!

Lora-Shaun T. certainly does not have self-esteem issues now does he? The speaking in raps thing about drove me nuts today since I previewed all of them. Once or twice is okay...but he did too many times! Other than that, I think I like his personality. Have you tried any of the learn to dance segments? They look complicated but the routines are so cool....too bad they didn't string those together for some kind of advanced WO or something. That's too bad about your low back with the sculpting. Were you using pretty heavy weights (5 to 8 lbs) or just 1 to 3 lbs? I love sculpting of any kind and it seemed like those would actually make a pretty decent workout compared to some of the TJ sculpting. I got YBB Light and Easy today from Netflix. I previewed it and it looks okay...definately for a light day. I have not seen AM Latte yet, but from what I read on the website I could see it being a favorite.

Jen

Hi ladies,

Todays workout was 90 minutes vinyasa - and a day of errands. Was out with maid of honour and my mom helping them look for dresses.

Lora - That is great that you followed the reformer workout - But sorry you didn't enjoy the dvd 100%. It is actually quite deceiving if they started using the barrel for the exercises - yet showcase the dvd as a reformer workout. I don't personally know of any resistance band dvds for pilates...but if I were to buy one I'd go to Stott. The only other true pilates dvd that I would do is that of Romana K (can't remember he last name exactly) - who was a student of Joseph pilates. The only problem is that she narrates the dvds - but does not practice.

Jen - Great upper body workout. I hope you had a restful day today - after your busy work week. Yes - am loving getting back to Cathe -especially the cardio. I am feeling sore today in the legs from yesterday's Power Hour. I have to say that alot of the upper body work is getting easier - ie - I could do pushups easier - or hold planks - and I am sure that it is both the pilates and yoga that is contributing to that.
You are right - I am focused as I want to lose the last 10 lbs - tone my arms and abs - so that I look ok in the dress. I would post it - but don't know how....if you tell me how - I'll post.
I have heard of this Filene's sale - and would love to go. There isn't anything like it that I know of in Toronto. But even if there was an event like that in Niagara Falls or Buffalo NY - I'd drive over the border.

Hi to Meg and Kel.

Have a great night.
Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.