The KILLER one

mini-natty

Cathlete
Ok, so I am able to come to a conclusion: Turbo Barre has been my killer workout. I can't get through all those endless leg lifts. I don't know how Cathe and her crew does it. I am convinced they are part of another planet. They cannot be human. The discs have also been very challenging for me, as I seem to slide off them a lot. It's hard for me to keep the balls of my feet stabilized and I forget to use my heels for breaks. I'm curious to hear which workout has been the most challenging for everyone. Oh and Happy Thanksgiving to my neighbors down south (I am from Canada).

Hi mini-natty!
I experienced the same at the very beginning when 2 years ago or so,I did my first barre workout(which wasn't by Cathe).It's all a matter of consitency and patience, everything will come together with time ;) btw, the killer to me is always the Hiit 40/20: when it comes to butt-kicks,I don't know why, but I can do them for half interval and then stop gasping for air :D then I can finish the workout without struggling too much, but I need that extra break.And yes,I do think as well as you that Cathe and crew are super-humans and have special powers but what I really like is that at the end of each workout I feel so well that I think that I have a slight chance of becoming that super-human too one day!:D:D

Hi mini-natty!
I experienced the same at the very beginning when 2 years ago or so,I did my first barre workout(which wasn't by Cathe).It's all a matter of consitency and patience, everything will come together with time ;) btw, the killer to me is always the Hiit 40/20: when it comes to butt-kicks,I don't know why, but I can do them for half interval and then stop gasping for air :D then I can finish the workout without struggling too much, but I need that extra break.And yes,I do think as well as you that Cathe and crew are super-humans and have special powers but what I really like is that at the end of each workout I feel so well that I think that I have a slight chance of becoming that super-human too one day!:D:D

Oh my those butt kicks on the step get me EVERY TIME!! I can't get through those without taking a break in between also.

Afterburn single intervals 1-10 premix. Thanks to editing I am gasping for air and have to stop the workout over and over 'cos Cathe just keeps coming at you with another interval. This is tougher for me than the entire workout.

I did Afterburn again for the second time - what kills me are the spiderman moves and anything in a plank with the legs moving - my abs and quads kill with those! I have to stop and let the burn out before finishing. I also really like how the workouts go fast and feel like an athletic workout. I like the swinging weight moves too - something different. I haven't done Turbo Barre all the way through yet - just bits here and there. Is the upper body work hard too?

I"m just doing premixes so far until I get better at this, and even the premix Turbo barre is hard. My knees seem to dislike being balanced on for extended lengths of time, on one leg, and they were screaming when I got up to go to the bathroom last night. It's probably good for them to get those muscles good and strong, but owwieee in the meantime.

I just did Turbo Barre this morning. Holy cow! For me, this is the killer one! I did the turbo barre lower body express premix. Cathe outdid herself with this one. I'm sure Mr. DOMS will be visiting me tomorrow morning. Just his way of saying Good Morning. :D

Going to do Afterburn for the first time this week. Wish me luck, ladies. :eek:

I finally tried turbo barre as well today. Whew!! Talk about burning!! I can't wait to see if I have DOMS later.

I couldn't walk well the next day. The second time through was better. I really love this workout. Prior to Cathe my backside was pretty flat. Now it is much better and I think it will really get good with this DVD.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.