The Hottie ***X'er*** Sunday Check - in

Hi all,

L&G done and then yoga. The yoga felt soooooo good.

Cheryl - What cardio do you have on tap for tomorrow? I'm sure you're looking forward to it!

Debra - Nice job with the legs. I hate those leg conditioning drills.

Sandra - I'm on the second rise with the bread. I sure hope it turns out. Wow! it is time consuming to make.

I have to go and get some milk. Ughh..........

Tracy

Hi ho, hi ho, it's back to the forum I go.....

Debra - no baking for me today. We had a company bbq to attend today. I'll be making another batch of oatmeal bread tomorrow, though, because the family is eating the two I made on Friday pretty quickly. Mmmmmm, IHOP! :9 :9 :9 Your legs will be feeling your workout tomorrow!

Tracy - I hope your bread turns out okay. Her breads generally take up to 8 hours from start to finish, although with this one you need even more time because of the oatmeal. I made the oatmeal at bedtime on Thursday and let it soak all night so it was ready for Friday morning. I also found the dough to be extremely stiff and had to add probably another 1/2 cup of water. But the type of flour and oatmeal used, and the humidity of your climate would substantially affect how much water you need. I let my KitchenAid do the kneading because I didn't have time to do it myself, and I'm glad I did because of how stiff the dough was. Thanks for the workout suggestions. SJP is on the plan for the next day, so I don't want to use it for a sub. And MIC is on the rotation the follwoing week. I dislike using any workout more than once a month, never mind 2 days in a row. Otherwise, your ideas were very good.

Wendy - Thank you for the answer to my question. I'm sure you get challenged alot by people about your choice to homeschool. It's good to have a community to support you, as you appear to have.

Cheers,
Sandra

Sandra - The bread is cooked and out of the oven. It wasn't very stiff, so I hope it turns out. It is very humid here and I actually had to add flour when I was kneeding it. It had good consistency though. Humidity and bread making don't always work well for me.

I never do a workout 2 days in a row, although I will do a strength routine more than once a month. Cardio is different though, but I must admit, if I find a fun new step workout, I'll do it twice a week. I can't stand hi/lo, but thought it would be a good sub for a run.

Glad you checked in.

Maybe I should look at that circuit rotation. I have to find something that is not so mentally taking as this one; at least for a couple of weeks.

Tracy

Good evening ladies...just wanted to pop on to say good night!

Sandra...I bought some fresh ww bread from the bakery today...I just got a new panini press...i love a good grilled sammie! i need thicker bread for it...I saw a recipe for a sandwich with cheese, ham and granny smith apples...sounded yummy...so I wanted to give it a try. I can do the same weight workout during a month...but not cardio...I get bored too quick.

Tracy....Hope you successfully avoided all of your house work today. I didn't think you were doing legs today you crazy woman! What happened to the rest day??

Okay...Wish me good luck in my sleep tonight. I hope I am not up posting with the roosters in the morning.
Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Sorry I wasn't able to check-in today girls:( Spent all day with the family so I just got home. I hope to come and catch up on personals tomorrow. Thanks again for all the well wishes:*

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Good evening,
Have to keep this short as this is the first time I've been on the computer today and I need to get to bed soon. Early morning tomorrow for me and my DH. He starts his first day at the prison and has to be there at 6 a.m. I will get up earlier to get my workout in and I'll take him to where he needs to go out there and just stay and chat with the fellas that hired him (they are my friends) until my time to start work. Like the first day of school for him. Maybe I should pin his lunch money to his shirt, sheesh!

Today I went on the group bike ride. We had a good ride, 6 of us out there, nice fall weather, though a bit smokey. We kept up a good pace for most of it. I love riding in the fall.

Anointed, sorry that you will need more dental work. Not fun. I used to never even think twice about it, but I've been zinged a few times and now I'm a bit gunshy. Hope you have no soreness in your calf tomorrow. I have a sore muscle on the front of my shin, right leg. Not sure how I got that, but it's pretty sore.

Tracy, you did more housework than I did today. Does making coffee count? Sorry the bike ride was a little underpowered for you. I had (surprise, surprise) oatmeal before our morning ride this morning. We did 30 some miles and at a good clip. It was fun, fun and I kept up with the 2 fast fellas most of the time. How did the bread turn out?

Cheryl, I think I will pick up some magnesium too. I tend to get leg cramps when riding really hard. Hope you get some good news tomorrow!

Sandra, thanks for the oatmeal bread recipe. I'm fantasizing about my day off sometime this winter when I can just do what I want and bake bread and indulge in eating some with some butter and honey. Mmmmmm... LOL re: your kids spending time with you when you are old.
Getting cold already in your neck of the woods? I'm looking forward to our first woodstove fire of the year. I have a guy coming tomorrow to professionally hook up our new stovepipe. DH could do it of course, but I don't want to have to worry this winter. I always worry about fire. I know chips are bad, just wish DH wouldn't keep buying them cuz I'm really bad about eating them. Ugh!

Laurie, of course housecleaning is exercise. Wow, your DD is sure improving with her running!!!

Debra, yes, the trainer will be boring for you. I only use it during the winter and only because getting out more than on the weekends is an impossibility with my work hours and the cold. I do use Cardio Coach on the bike, but I'm very careful about only using it where there is very, very little traffic and of course, I'm diligent about checking my mirror. When a real hill comes up and the workout calls for a Level 1, I just have to spin as easy as possible. Makes it more of a challenge with hills along the way, but try to do all you can to abide by the heart rate zones. He really wants you to drop back to a level 1 or 2 inbetween intervals. That way, you'll be able to hit it hard when he calls for a level 3 or 4. Hope your dinner with a friend was nice. Power Circuit is a good one from CTX. Glad you got your workout in. Wish I could have taken a nap today. Think I will probably crash when I get home from work tomorrow. LOL at your new Meez! Are you getting a tattoo? LOL!!!

Nicole, prayers still going out for your nephew. Hope he isn't in any pain. (((hugs)) to you!

Swifty, wind trainers are not too desirable any more. Most of the people I know have the fluid trainers. They are really quiet. Whereas mine sounds like a tornado. I think you will love the SIDI shoes. I would definitely buy them again. A stalker, how scary. So glad that is way behind you. There are some real creepos out there. I know, I work at a prison. And then there are the inmates.

Traci, hope you are enjoying your vacation. I love our dogs sooo much, but it's nice to be able to leave them at home sometimes. I would love if DH would pick up golf, but don't think it's in his near future. I think he would really like it though. I think you have great legs, it's taken a long time for me to start to even feel the muscles. I guess I need to work them more, manana...

Amy, so glad things are going well with the eating plan. Hoping you get great results when you weigh and measure next time. So nice for you to be shown some appreciation.

Wendy, so sorry about your fingernail and your cut finger. Hope you heal up quickly. Okay, 3 things happened and now it's done with. Ooooh, the Neti Pot sounds really cool. I have to check that out. My DH has had this post nasal drip thing for a long time (think it's allergies). Maybe that would be good for him. No, you don't want those turnip legs. I would love to have shapely calves. Hey, I'm getting my roots done on Wednesday too. My sister who is a year younger than myself, went totally grey last year. I think it makes her look 10 years older. Not a look I want, but who knows. My little Portuguese grandma died her hair up until she was nearly 90. It always looked good on her.

Got to get to bed now,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.