STS Pyramid - keep same weights or go up?

I'm wrapping up the upside of a 6 month pyramid. My question is - when I reverse the process and go from Meso 3 to Meso 2, do I use the same weights that I used on the upside, or do I increase my weights slightly?

Wookiemouse, are you wondering about keeping the weights the same for meso 2 as you used for meso 3, or the same as you previously used for meso 2? I would think you might be able to raise the weights slightly from the last meso 2, but it would be hard to raise or keep the same on meso 2 as you did for meso 3. As I remember the rep range on sets was higher in 2 than 3 isn't it? Congrats on being able to do that many cycles of sts! I would love to do again, but I spent 90 min a w/o, and that came with a dread factor, but wow, I enjoyed the gains!! Keep us posted on how it goes, as it seems to really have been terrifically successful for you!! Good luck!

My question is - when I reverse the process and go from Meso 3 to Meso 2, do I use the same weights that I used on the upside, or do I increase my weights slightly?

Once you have gained 5% or more strength having completed meso 3, I suggest you then re-do the rep max.
The weight reversing back would feel lighter. I did reverse back down meso 1 for three month.
I re-did my rep max when I completed meso3. if you have your note listing the weight load, use it.

As I remember the rep range on sets was higher in 2 than 3 isn't it?

Agree with Tom quote above.

Another way to proceed is to decrease the weight as the rep range gradually increases. Enjoy your pyramid:)

Last edited:
Yes Tom - if I should complete the pyramid using the same weight sets as I did in my first Meso 2 or increase since my strength should have increased in Meso 3.

I think re-doing the one rep max is a good idea. I'm finding I'm not maxing out in Meso 3 as I should with the weights I am using, despite increasing them with each round (this is my 3rd round of STS). I think I'll finish this pyramid up and redo the ORM before starting my new cycle. I would like to finish this one without a break tho....maybe use my Meso 3 weights for Meso 2 and my Meso 2 weights for Meso 1 would be a good compromise.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.