~~~>STS 6 Month Alumni-Week of July11th<~~~

Happy Thursday! The sun is shining and everybodies happy! Nothing to report but wanted to let you know I hope you all have a GREAT DAY! :cool:

Jo! Congratulations on your awesome test score! How are you going to top that? LOL! How motivating, I would love that too!

I did a fat burning pilates workout today, which initially I thought was funny since I've never thought of fat burning and pilates in the same sentence... But it was good, more of a fusion of pilates and low impact cardio, since I did it all with hand weights and ligt ankle weights, I was actually sweating nicely the whole time...

Kim, you are so close! You need to celebrate when you get done, luluemon or something! In-n-out is a fast food restaurant that serves burgers, fries and shakes, unlike the other chains, they always have everything fresh, not from frozen, I guess I don't think that makes it all that much healthier... but the sauce is what got me hooked. I could leave a burger most days but an in-n-out burger is super yummy because of the sauce. Probably not a good sauce either...
You guessed right, it was dd's 4th birthday. She had fun but is really looking forward to her party this saturday. Today she has a playdate for lunch she's excited about. Ds gets to do legos and starwars at a friends house, so he's not complaining...

It's hot here today. It finally is catching up with us I think.
Have a great day everyone!

Just a quick post for me. We just got home a little while ago and I am tired tired tired.

Jo- I think you might be right about the rest because this morning I felt like I had so much more to give. I think yesterdays rest day was a good call. I need to look at how I might be able to set up a rotation with a decent increment for rest days. I think it would do a lot of good.
Oh yea WAY TO GO!!!!!! I swear you never cease to amaze me. A 100 on the test is impressive to say the least!!!!! I am very proud of you:D:D:D:D:D

Cendrine-I think you are right about in and out burger. The more you describe it the more I think I would like it. I am not big on fast food at all but like to try the new ones when they come into town. It is funny, I used to live on nothing but fast food. DH and I had our own rotation but it had nothing to do with fitness. I am glad he doesn't still eat at those places too.
YOu must be getting ready for dd's party. Try not to stress too much about it. Remember that you have already gotten ahead of the game.

Kim-YOu are almost done! Just think the finish line is just around the corner and you are going to feel so accomplished when you cross it! I am proud of you too! LOL

better go! I am so tired I have had to backspace and correct about 50 times:rolleyes:

TTYT

They started the house yesterday! We are now the proud owners of a hole in the ground.:D We were all so excited to hear that the house was started that we drove over after supper but wasn't really much to see yet! And I did come home and do Insanity last night after the house visit.

They wanted me to come and work today but I declined, everyone seems so tired around here. The kids have been up at 6:45 and not home till 5 pm every day. DS at hockey camp and dd at daycare with lots of field trips. Extra driving each day for me, heavy work load at work and then a hard Insanity week. We are all exhausted. DS has his last day of hockey camp today but with me off work we can go a hour later. DD is not going to be happy to be woken up to drive her brother to hockey camp:cool::rolleyes: I have lots of errands I would like to do but I think dd is going to be very grumpy so we most likely will spend the day at home after dropping ds at the rink. So will get Insanity done, some housework and tend to the garden. I am so looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend.
Rachael, hopefully you will get a nice restful weekend as well!

CONGRATS JO on the 100%, great way to start off the course! How was resort night with your friend? At hockey camp this week they were doing different exercises classes. One day they did a yoga class and I guess it was really hard, ds said he promises never to make jokes about yoga anymore as he didn't realize how difficult it was.

Cendrine Are you busy prepping for tomorrow?

Thank you everyone for the support on my test! I definitely feel like a school girl and working out at home and the gym is my playground!! LOL!

So here's what happened last night: downtown GF was going to come and new GF (I met new GF because of downtown GF) was coming. Well it was beautiful out so they decided to go walk one of the lakes downtown rather than be in doors (I'm seeing downtown GF tomorrow anyway). So I say that's okay. They did invite me to join them but I have my other two girls I train between spinning and water aerobics so I declined. (Lot of detail here I know;)) So I get to the gym, change and my two girls emailed me they were both stuck at work! So I went to spinning, sauna, etc., all by myself but no LACK OF FUN!

Kim, WHOOHOOOOOOOOOO on the hole! You must be feeling "Finally!" What a long wait for things to get going, but that's new construction for you! So are you wrapping up Insanity this weekend? I'll miss your countdown! :p It's nice ds got a little yoga exposure, gives it a whole new perspective! LOL!

Cendrine, fat burning pilates sounds fun! The pilates at my gym gets me a little sweaty! :p But I'll bet yours is challenging with ankle weights. Isn't it amazing how a little weight can make such a BIG difference! Our weather now this week has been in the low 70's. Very pleasant. Glad you're back to your normal CA weather!

Rachel, how are your DOMS from Disc 3? I'm still feeling my upper body after doing PUB on Tuesday! But mostly just in my chest. What do you have planned for this weekend since you're giving yourself a break?

Off to the shower, anyone have big plans this weekend? I'm just planning to see my downtown GF tomorrow morning. Since she didn't come last night, we're going to meet at one of the trails and walk, then maybe have lunch. I have to go pick where I want us to meet.

Have a great day!

You are amazing, Kim! With your kind of schedule and you still do Insanity... maybe it's rubbing off on you...LOL! Just kidding! Congrats on the hole in the ground! How exciting is that! I hope you do get some rest time in today! That would be nice! I have to go get the stuff for the cake, but I woke up with a headache so am waiting for the pill to kick in before doing my workout and getting ready.
Not much else going on here. I am looking forward to doing the party tomorrow but will also be glad when it's over... :)

BBL

Just having my coffee and then heading off to do my second last Insanity workout:D:D Tomorrow's workout is the Fit Test. It's only 25 minutes, after the warm up, there are 8 exercises for 1 minute each and you count how many you can do. You do the Fit Test 5 times throughout the 9 weeks to see improvement. Usually it's done at the beginning of the week after a rest day but for the last one it's put instead of the rest day. I can't imagine having good results after 6 days of working out/end of the hard month. So I'm considering doing it after a couple of days rest instead of tomorrow.

DS and I went over to see the house again last night, they had been busy all day Friday! Lots of progress already! It's going to be tempting to drive over every day which will be a big time/gas commitment but it's so exciting to see what has happened each day.

It kind of occurred to me that I have committed to being away the next 9 weekends:eek::confused: We have booked 4 camping trips, told my mom we would go to the cottage on the 2 holiday weekends, one family weekend to Minneapolis, my girl's only bus shopping trip to the USA and one weekend dd wants to have her bday party as a sleepover at a hotel. A lot of these weekends start on a Thursday as I don't work Fridays so will be gone 3 nights a week.

I have worked out 6 days a week for years and now what am I going to do?? I can do a run one day while away, I can load Travel Fit onto kids' I-tough thingies. I've been looking at old Cathe rotations (ofter July ones) where she has 2 days off a week. Maybe I'll do the 4 day split some weeks.( or CTX) Good chance we end up cancelling a camping trip if the weather is bad. I may have to go with more unstructured workout schedules which is not going to go well with my Type A personality.

By the time the 9 weeks are up we will probably be into the selling the house/starting to pack time which might make working out hard to do as well. It may be hard to do a full rotation and stick with a schedule for a few months.

Cendrine Good luck with the party today, hope the headache is gone!

Jo That's too bad that after all that you didn't have a gf to workout with but sounds like you had fun anyways. Enjoy your time with gf today!

No big plans for us this weekend, DH wants to do a 11 mile run tomorrow (It's raining today) and I think I'll bike with him as I really enjoyed that last week. Keeping quiet as it was a busy week for everyone and we have lots of upcoming plans. Maybe a movie or something if the kids want.

Good Morning!

I am really starting to feel like my old self again! This morning I tackled the disc that got my back twinged last time but I used way less weight and I took my time on the reps. I did not try to keep up with her speed so I could really concentrate on good form and keeping those abs in. After the first set of squats I could tell that my back was not ready for the weight on the back so I did the rest of those with db's. Other than that I did not change anything.
I did the pilates abs after that and now I am done for the weekend! woo hoo!

I saw on the news today that all of the lower 48 states are going to have 90+ degree temps. I hope yall that are not used to it are staying cool!

Kim-YEEHAWWW on the hole!!!!LOL I bet you can't believe how exciting a hole could be huh! I hope you are taking pics. It is nice with a digital camera now that you can document things more now way less expensively. In the old days you would have had to develop all the film but now you can just keep a disc and see your house from the ground up!
I am glad you did not go into work. It would probably have ruined your whole weekend. LOL

Cendrine-I know you are hard at work today with the party but I am sending you smooth vibes~~~! I am sure though that as organized as you are it would pretty much take an earthquake (or a disgruntled child ;)) to throw off your mojo! Haha! I hope you post the cake pics...Maybe even a fairy garden picture!

Jo-It's funny you asked about the DOMS because I had them all week!!! I think from Tues on also! They were so bad Wed. I could barely get up and down.LOLI hope your weather persists through the weekend and you and your gf have a great walk today!

Better get the day started!
Stay cool!:cool:
TTYL
Rachel

Happy Saturday! Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I did do Step Moves today in case GF cancels on me (she won't but...ya know? Just in case!)

So I tweaked my arm again yesterday! It's been a lot better and then I was just talking to someone (I'm a arm-waver, hand gesture talker) and I threw my arm back and YOWZA! So not a good night sleep as wakes me up if I roll on it. Good news though, I see my Dr Monday for regular girl appt so I can talk to her and then she'll probably refer to me someone. Maybe I just need an injection like my heel! Also, I see the foot Dr Monday as well and I'd say it's 50% better overall so I'm hoping he'll give me another shot.

Cendrine - SHOUT OUT to you! I know you're busy today hopefully enjoying! :p:D:cool:

Rachel, glad you got through your workout without any problem! I don't know about that 90+ weather cuz it isn't here! It's 55 right now. :confused::confused: Supposed to reach 68! Ughh! But great walking temperature!

Kim, INSANITY OR BUST! LOL! It's just inches away... Boy, you are making the best of the summer! Every weekend? When will you have time to check on the new house! ;):cool:

Off to the shower. HAVE A GREAT DAY GIRLS!!!!

Ok, girls, calm before the storm! LOL! I made as much of the cake last night as I could, then this morning dh and I were brainstorming ideas of how to make sure that the cake top does not fall apart as it sits on the stem. Dh ended up making a little pedestal with skewers that I could insert into the bottom part so the top can rest on it with support. Worked like a charm! I'm so lucky to have a hubby that helps me out like this! I'm happy with the cake even though I had pictured it differently. The Fondant turned out to be rather brittle so I couldn't do as much intricate stuff as I might have had it been more pliable, but it also saved me time because I just simplified it, so I'm well rested and everything is ready. I'm so glad I prepped last week for the crafts, it was a breeze getting it out today. I'll definitely post pics when we have them uploaded and try to remember to take pics of the fairy garden as well...

Yesterday I did a pilates/yoga workout and just held 3lb dumbells for the poses.... I am so feeling it today!

Kim, I'm excited with you that you see progress on the house finally! And if I were you I would probably do the test after a rest too! Bikeride sounds fun, but I don't think I could get dh to run that far...LOL

Rachel, it's definitely in the 90s here, but being in california we are equipped, sorry Jo, that you have it cold! and sorry about your arm, not again! I hope you get some good help at the dr appt. I'm thinking of checking out an accupuncturist to get rid of my residual back stuff, heard it can be very efficient with back issues. I would take a shot too if it was offered... ;) Anything, really...

Ds had another two days of fever...:confused: In the summer, I just don't get it. He was invited to a friend's birthday party, it was going to be an evening spy party and sounded so fun and cool and he was so upset that he couldn't go. He threatened and blamed and bullied me all day for not letting him go, that's how upset he was... I could sympathize but after a while I really had to reel him in and make him stop. He feels a little better now because a friend invited him to play at his house during the party and he thinks that is way cooler than some little sister girly party...:confused:

Well, I have an hour before everyone gets here, so I'm going to relax for a little.

Hi! Another drive by post from me! :D GF bailed on me because she woke up sick! She sounded awful so I was fine with her not wanting to meet. See...my intuition told me to workout this morning! :p Anyway, so DH came home and we made a Costco run and now we just got back from a walk on the trail. My arm was bad enough that I can't even open the car door without pain (I'm not complaining here just relaying facts). Anyway, after we came back from Costco, I wrapped it in this bandage that's similar to an ACE bandage and it's really helping. I think it needed the compression.

DH and I also stopped at the butcher shop and got a couple of free range steaks. So he's going to grill and I'm going to fix us a steamed kale salad.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day! Cendrine, I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Party was a big success! I am so pleased with how it all turned out!
I posted pictures in my album, so go look if you want to see what the cake turned out like... It was tasty too!

Jo, so sorry about your arm/shoulder! I sure hope you will recover quickly. Dinner at your house sounds a lot more healthy and very yummy than what we had, (I don't think I'm going to tell...:eek:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.