StaceyDeLapp & Jacob Adam

Roses

Cathlete
I followed your pregnancy story and hadn't seen any postings. I know you job is extremely busy, but just wondered how you and the baby were doing. Hope all is well with your other two little ones also.

Sam

Hi Sam. Thanks so much for asking. Jacob and I are doing extremely well. We have just been so busy. My business went from 20 hours a week to 40 hours + per week in July. While the money is nice, the hours are difficult, especially with the new baby. (We just processed over 600,000 pieces of mail for one client.) I have had lots of ups & downs, but he is sleeping a lot better now which makes things so much easier on me. The hardest thing is balancing work, the baby and my other kids. Sometimes I just lose it with my daughter or older son when we are running late for school. I feel awful.

I was doing really well with my workouts but really felt a burn out as my job is very physically demanding (lifting boxes, bending, carrying mail trays out, etc. I basically move 8 hours a day when I am running the machines, so I slowed down for awhile as I was really over doing it. Now that I am sleeping better, and just finished our biggest push for the month, I am planning on picking things up again.

Jake is growing so well. He is 13 lbs now (at 3 mos). He looks chubby. He is such a great baby. He only cries when he is hungry. He smiles, and coos, and loves to watch his older brother and sister play. I am excited to watch him grow into a sweet little toddle-pot.

I would probably still post, but it seems as if there are not really any new mom's posting their workouts right now. I know I could start a post, but with how busy I've been, I've decided to just stay focused on what immediately needs to be done and let the rest go.

Take care and happy holidays. Hope everything is well with you and your family.

Take care,
Stacey

Stacey, its good to hear you are doing ok and despite all your mixed emotions, it is obvious that you are love with Jacob. How did your 30th birthday go?

My 30th birthday was good, thanks for asking. I spent a fortune on new clothes and went out to dinner with my husband. I also had a girl's night out with my closest friends.

It's really nice this time - I make sure to give Jake a bottle every day so that he is used to them and takes them without a problem. This way, I still occassionally get time alone, and my husband and I are lucky enough to have a date night once a week.

Jake is sleeping really well at night now too, and starting to take really regular naps. I'm putting him on a schedule this week. I think this will help me get more order in my life. It has been a tough adjustment, but he's more than worth it. :)

Take care,
Stacey

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.