So what do you think of the music?

I HATE the music in UB trisets. I'm so glad there are others. First half I felt like I should be smoking pot, not working out. Second half just wanted to kill myself. Shame too- I love the workout

Maybe a shame for you, but I love the music in TriSets (and I don't smoke anything).

Do NOT Like the Music

I'm a big fan of Cathe -- have been for decades. Love her workouts. I have several issues with the Low Impact series, but I think the music is probably the worst I've ever heard on any of her workouts. It's highly synthesized and lacks a good strong bass beat indicative of other motivating workouts from Cathe.com. The worst, in my opinion, is on the TriSets workout. It's a screeching electric guitar without any back beat or rhythm. I know that I could put on my own music, which I will in the future. But why do I have to fool around with that? Working out at home is mostly an issue of convenience and if I have to mess around with finding my own music, the convenience factor goes down. Also, I feel like because there isn't a beat, the moves are done TOO fast. I've done other workouts, such as P90X, that do not use music with a beat and I'm totally fine with that, but with P90X you're able to go at your own pace and have a set time to get the reps done. Not with TriSets. You have X amount of time to do 15 reps and if you have to slow down, you only get in 10 or so. And on top of that, you have to listen to that terrible screeching guitar.

The worst, in my opinion, is on the TriSets workout. It's a screeching electric guitar without any back beat or rhythm. I know that I could put on my own music, which I will in the future. But why do I have to fool around with that? Working out at home is mostly an issue of convenience and if I have to mess around with finding my own music, the convenience factor goes down. Also, I feel like because there isn't a beat, the moves are done TOO fast. I've done other workouts, such as P90X, that do not use music with a beat and I'm totally fine with that, but with P90X you're able to go at your own pace and have a set time to get the reps done. Not with TriSets. You have X amount of time to do 15 reps and if you have to slow down, you only get in 10 or so. And on top of that, you have to listen to that terrible screeching guitar.

Your a fan for how long and this is your first post?

I'm not writing this to defend the music, because I don't believe anyone is wrong when it comes to music choice. However, there are people like me who enjoy *screeching* guitars, there are entire music genres based on the squeal and screech method. I don't happen to think its terrible. So in the opposite vein, I could say I dislike *old lady* music and that I find it very uninspiring, but that is rude and unfounded, but entirely my point. I love rock music, its not terrible, it doesn't mean I smoke pot :confused: and some of us enjoy lifting without lyrics.

angie_nrs said:
Even though the music in LIS and STS doesn't grind on my nerves....as some others have said, it doesn't inspire me either. I find myself reaching for the Intensity series and Body Blast series more often than anything else. I know it's because of the music factor. I love the nostalgic feelings of those songs. It definitely makes me work harder and makes the time fly by much more easily. I wanna rock!!!.....and here we go! That's what I love! I also think that's why IMAX2 is an overwhelming favorite among Cathe fans. It's a challenge but it's over before you know it and I think it's mostly because the mind is busy soaking in the music vibes while the muscles are rockin' with the music. I would love nothing more than to have a series using the same type of music that was used in the BodyBlast and Intensity series PLEASE!......until then, I'll probably continue to use those series as my top picks.

I Wanna Rock is the absolute best! I so look forward to doing KPC and MMA Heavy Bag Boxing because of that song. While Cathe's transitioning to the next combo, I'm dancing. Love it! As for LIS, the music is not that great to me, but it doesn't bother me either. As long as she stays on beat, and she does, I'm ok. I also like the music in Low Impact Circuit.

[FONT=&quot]Hi Tracy S. Welcome to the forums. I'm addressing the music in another thread but just wanted to post about the tempo of the movements. Your initial reaction is not uncommon, however, as you get more familiar with the movements and develop better proprioception, you may find, like many others have, that this tempo just fine. [/FONT]Good Luck with everything :)

QUOTE=tracys;2116295]I'm a big fan of Cathe -- have been for decades. Love her workouts. I have several issues with the Low Impact series, but I think the music is probably the worst I've ever heard on any of her workouts. It's highly synthesized and lacks a good strong bass beat indicative of other motivating workouts from Cathe.com. The worst, in my opinion, is on the TriSets workout. It's a screeching electric guitar without any back beat or rhythm. I know that I could put on my own music, which I will in the future. But why do I have to fool around with that? Working out at home is mostly an issue of convenience and if I have to mess around with finding my own music, the convenience factor goes down. Also, I feel like because there isn't a beat, the moves are done TOO fast. I've done other workouts, such as P90X, that do not use music with a beat and I'm totally fine with that, but with P90X you're able to go at your own pace and have a set time to get the reps done. Not with TriSets. You have X amount of time to do 15 reps and if you have to slow down, you only get in 10 or so. And on top of that, you have to listen to that terrible screeching guitar.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Isn't there a voice only option? You can use that and play your own music. :)

I like the music on LIS.
But I must say IMAX2 has the best!!!

I still think Cathe did a great job!!! Can't please everybody, but there's a bunch of us that like it :).

:)

cgishops.com

After all the commentary about the music in Trisets, I did this workout last night and wondered what all the fuss was about?? I LIKED that the beat was ignorable. I slowed down the reps slightly on most of the lower body moves so I could make sure my form was solid on each rep because of the balance challenge involved in most exercises. (Dixie cups are evil...:p)

On the upper body, the guitars solos were no big deal either. It's rock. To me, it fit the mood of the workout.

Music is so subjective. It's like arguing over what's the best crayon color.

The most important thing is I really liked the workout moves & structure. Definitely a winner. :)

Joan

loved it

Total Body TriSets Lower body's music is AWESOME!!

I'm from the 80's,the big hair band era, so it was like old times. The guitar music brought back memories!!!!:eek:
thought I was working out with Eddie Van Halen.......lol:eek::D

i really like the music...when I'm paying attention, that is. mostly i am so involved in the workout that it is completely backround to me & it is fine for me. i do notice that a lot of the songs sound like other songs. like, there is one that sounds like a Depeche Mode song (People are People), one that sounds like Katy Perry's Firework, and probably a few others I can't think of right now. the music in UB trisets is kinda neat and again it is more backround to me because I'm focusing on the work. one thing I do love is the piano riffs here & there like in Afterburn. i'm a sucker for those good ole piano riffs, reminds me of the early 90's aerobics days.

I really like the music from the LIS series...and I actually like it more and more the 2nd and third time around.

I really love the warm-up music from Cardio Supesrets and Tri-set, and Afterburn...just something about it helps get me started. LIC and Cyclemax have great music too! No complaints!!

I have to agree about the music - I am really starting to like it. I did Afterburn again this morning and a trisets premix and I didn't even notice the music in the trisets premix this time at all. I loved the music in Cathe's series from last year and I love the music from some of her older workouts e.g. step blast, step pump and jump, imax 2 and cardio & weights etc.... . For me, I really am liking the music in LIS.

I actually like the music. I am pretty indifferent about music though, I don't really notice if it's good or bad. I am too busy sweating, swearing and concentrating to care otherwise...

Honestly I'm so focused on trying to keep up in these workouts that I don't pay much attention to the music, lol.

This is me too - I haven't even noticed the music in Trisets (especially the plank with tricep extensions - killer) I did Afterburn tonight and I loved the music - fun and motivating. I am also tuned into Cathe's voice to get me through - I love it when she says "Who's Boss?":eek:

I think LIS is a fantastic series, but I'm somewhat disappointed with the music. Mostly I just really wish there were more vocals. I loved what was done with the last series with the songs based on originals, and I was hoping this would include more of that. I understand that was probably a lot of work and not cheap to create, but I wish that at least the pure cardio workouts had more fun songs. Cycle Max had a few vocals but Low Impact Challenge had none, and that was the biggest disappointment, because I usually love the music Cathe chooses for step workouts.

I understand that music is subjective and everyone has different tastes. I never expect to love all the music, but I like it when the soundtracks are mixed up and have more variety. This music all sounds the same to me.

I love this series - a lot! It is unique and really delivers the intensity without the impact, and that is quite an achievement. But I do think having music that was a little more fun would have made this series of a quality that couldn't be beat.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.